Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I still think Dr. elias is going to be the new Reverse Flash but I'm glad they're going to tell his story as a mistery.
    You misspelled mystery.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gorviss View Post
    You misspelled mystery.
    Thanks Captain Grammar, this forum would'nt be the same without you.

I like the idea of Barry's detective skills being used in this story.

"The opposite of red is not yellow. It will also be a lot darker. It will probably be a lot closer to what you would imagine a Reverse-Flash would be rather than just a yellow version of Barry Allen."

That's because the idea of the Reverse-Flash's costumes is to swap the red of his costume with the yellow and vice-versa. I imagine the costume will be either blue, green, or black.

I'm also guessing it's Danny West. I like that Kid Flash will finally be showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeKnight729 View Post

"The opposite of red is not yellow. It will also be a lot darker. It will probably be a lot closer to what you would imagine a Reverse-Flash would be rather than just a yellow version of Barry Allen."

That's because the idea of the Reverse-Flash's costumes is to swap the red of his costume with the yellow and vice-versa. I imagine the costume will be either blue, green, or black.

I'm also guessing it's Danny West. I like that Kid Flash will finally be showing up.
    I think that Inertia, the reverse Impusle was the closest thing to a chromatic reverse Flash ever seen before. That's your basic color theory. The real opposite to red is green.
    Also, a full yellow suit don't scream villany today.
    Part Kryptonian, Part Asgardian, all Genius.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    I believe you're right about this but wouldn't it be sadly funny if it's Wally?
    I wouldn't worry: even if they had that in mind (which I'm confident they don't), Dan Didio would tell them, "no."

So you see: the temporary Wally embargo isn't all bad; it prevents his misuse.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 11-09-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

I don't know why people would think it's Wally... I know Manapul has said he grew up with Wally and loves the character, so I doubt he would mess that up. Even if he wanted to, I don't think even DiDio would allow it.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned green. I say blue because it's considered a "rival" color to red, and black is just for the sake of being dark, although we already have the Black Fash.

I more interviews of these two I read, the more arrogant they come off. I love Manapul's art, but they give a real, to me anyway, everyone's gotten this wrong before, and we'll do better vibe.

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
    I don't know why people would think it's Wally... I know Manapul has said he grew up with Wally and loves the character, so I doubt he would mess that up. Even if he wanted to, I don't think even DiDio would allow it.
    i only said Wally as a joke. i think RF will be Doctor Elias.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeKnight729 View Post

It actually scares me a bit that they don't get that the Reverse Flash's costume is just the Flash's costume with the red and yellow inverted.
    I like swords.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchimus View Post
    I more interviews of these two I read, the more arrogant they come off. I love Manapul's art, but they give a real, to me anyway, everyone's gotten this wrong before, and we'll do better vibe.
    I'm sorry that's the impression we have given you. Not our intent AT ALL. We are merely writing our take on the characters and make an honest effort to respect what came before us while integrating new ideas and mandates that come our way.

To be clear... we don't take our jobs lightly, and again I'm sorry if our confidence and enthusiasm comes across as arrogance. At no point do we think we are "fixing' other writer's takes on characters... we don't claim to be doing it better, we're just doing it our own way.

I hope you stay on board with the series.

:)
    brian

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    It actually scares me a bit that they don't get that the Reverse Flash's costume is just the Flash's costume with the red and yellow inverted.
    It's a new Reverse Flash. His costume is what they want it to be, especially for a talented artist like Manupal.

we get it. But we are looking at doing a take on the speed force energy being "reverse" not just the suit. :)

We want Reverse Flash to look bad-ass and a kind of frightening... yellow doesn't accomplish that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hutchimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianBooch View Post
    I'm sorry that's the impression we have given you. Not our intent AT ALL. We are merely writing our take on the characters and make an honest effort to respect what came before us while integrating new ideas and mandates that come our way.

To be clear... we don't take our jobs lightly, and again I'm sorry if our confidence and enthusiasm comes across as arrogance. At no point do we think we are "fixing' other writer's takes on characters... we don't claim to be doing it better, we're just doing it our own way.

brian
    I don't know how someone could possibly think you guys are arrogant, you just seem pretty passionate about your work.

Congrats for that by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianBooch View Post

brian
    Brian, thanks for your response. I respect your position, and admire your talent and passion. I dropped Flash after the Annual (a tough decision with Francis' art); just wasn't my cup of tea and/or the character/story just didn't connect with me.

I wish you continued success and hope you're able to continue you're able to continue creating with the passion and verve you obviously have. Looking back at my post, I hope I didn't come across as too "Comic Book Guy"-ish.