Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Demon Knights 14 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

http://www.comicvine.com/news/exclus...review/145504/

My personal pick for the best-written and most consistent New 52 title.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

Bernard Chang is so sharp there. I barely feel the loss of Neves.

A very rude... gentleman darthnat's Avatar

Yeah, I dig Bernard Chang a lot, especially his portrayals of Sir Ystin and Exoristos. I will miss Neves' crazy facial expressions, though.

Also, it was posted in the comments on Comicvine, but it deserves to be reposted:

I do prefer Dio Neves, but Bernard Chang is a quality replacement, I can't really complain there.

If they need another dude, I think he just started a run on a Valiant title, but Patrick Zircher would kill on this book.

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

This is the best DC team book IMO.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    This is the best DC team book IMO.
    I agree, hands down. It is the only one that I still pull.

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

We're almost done... :(

Quote Originally Posted by GoldStarz View Post
    We're almost done... :(
    Oh fuff. The XO Manowar book is pretty good, so lets not be so apocalyptic just yet! Optimism and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    Oh fuff. The XO Manowar book is pretty good, so lets not be so apocalyptic just yet! Optimism and all that...
    Yeah I agree, I just cross my fingers that Venditti's run wont be a textbook in decompression.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Whenever I read a Demon Knights preview, only one thing pops into my head:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	104090
    - Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
    Winston Churchill

Another really good issue. More classic Demon Knights-style double crosses, and a great moment between Ex and Shining Knight. Per usual, nothing to complain about with this title. The setup for the battle next issue looks INSANE! I love that they kept the Questing Queen & Mordru around, since I really like them as villains.

A very rude... gentleman darthnat's Avatar

I liked the moment with Shining Knight and Ex. I guess the "I'm both man and woman" thing is still ambiguous enough to be up to interpretation, but I think it confirms that she's a transgendered person: mentally male, but with a female body. And since she was born that way, she can't just be pretending to be male like Morrison's Ystin.

The only complaint I have is that it really feels like some of the characters like Al Jabr are just... there. The core of the book is pretty much Etrigan/Jason, Xanadu, and Ystin, but I still wish Al Jabr could get more than a couple lines an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by darthnat View Post
    I liked the moment with Shining Knight and Ex. I guess the "I'm both man and woman" thing is still ambiguous enough to be up to interpretation, but I think it confirms that she's a transgendered person: mentally male, but with a female body. And since she was born that way, she can't just be pretending to be male like Morrison's Ystin.

The only complaint I have is that it really feels like some of the characters like Al Jabr are just... there. The core of the book is pretty much Etrigan/Jason, Xanadu, and Ystin, but I still wish Al Jabr could get more than a couple lines an issue.
    I wouldn't say that entirely, but I can see where you're coming from. A lot of the characters have had development or moments in the spotlight (Vandal for purely entertaining, ott reasons), but Al Jabr is still a bit on the sidelines... I guess that's always the problem with team books: balance. Hopefully Demon Knights will have a long run and a future arc will focus more on Jabr more than the current one(s).

Veteran Member

I loved the conversation between Exoristos and Ystin, those two make a wonderful couple. Vandal Savage was fun as usual and The Horsewoman was also interesting, I hope the final battle delivers an epic finale for Cornell's run.

Quote Originally Posted by darthnat View Post
    Al Jabr has always been the most boring member of the team to be honest, I'm sure he will be the one who dies in Venditti's "30 Years later" storyline.
    Last edited by Rakzo; 11-14-2012 at 08:30 AM.

I agree that I'm hoping for more development of Al Jabr once Cornell leaves the book; I love the idea of a medieval, steampunk Tony Stark of the muslim faith. So much potential

Anyway, this book continues to be good, but not quite great. Vibrant character work, vanilla plot...the character work just isn't earth shattering enough to justify the nothing plot to this point, for me.

I want this book to become meatier. More magic! More happenings! More Jabr! No loss of Ystina or Savage!

I'm also still not really feeling Jason Blood/Etrigan muchly. Another hope of mine is that, with the flashforward from Venditti, we'll see a more Alan Moore-ish Blood, one decidely devilish and quite okay with it.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/