Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 4

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Some people just have a messed up definition of the phrase "bombed at the box office". Now if he mean that it bombed critically then I could give him that.
    indeed

for the people who just want robots for two hours, that is never going to happen ever....like 12 people would go to see it and 6 of them would still complain

I like Wahlberg, he's no master thespian but hardly "horrible"

and its not like Statham is winning any Oscars either....he plays the same guy in every movie with light variations..but I still enjoy his films
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by SonOf D. View Post
    Oh god yes! I love all three of the last movies. More giant robot goodness please.

With less meat bags.
    Cyclops ad portas

I dont care about any of the actors in a Transformer movie one bit, Transformer movies should about freaking robots.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Hasbro actually didn't make a lot of money on the last one, it seems, so they're pushing for Bay to sort of semi-reboot things with new Transformers.

Kind of the same philosophy that led to the 80's animated Transformers movie and later season, which killed off or redesigned most of the popular Transformers and replaced them with mostly lame new ones to sell some fresh toys.
    There's more to it than that. The 1984 and 1985 wave of Transformers toys were based on the Diaclone and Micro Change toylines that preceded Hasbro's involvement in the series. That's why the larger Autobot cars, the Seekers, the Dinobots and the Insecticons had the chest compartments and why the mini vehicle Autobots existed at all. Because Hasbro and Takara knew that they'd run out of toys by the end of 1986, that's why the created the newer toys that would be promoted by the film. Ultra Magnus, Metroplex, Trypitcon, the Stunticons, the Combaticons, the Aerialbots and the Protectorbots had already been designed before then. The characters that debuted in the film and in season three were made from scratch, which is why they were much different from the earlier designs. The decision to kill off Optimus and most of the other Autobots was the result of Hasbro liking the idea of Duke being killed by Serpentor and having Falcon take over. Thus it was written into the story with the next draft. The showrunners who worked on the film, didn't understand that the characters were becoming icons to the kids. You must understand that all toy companies were used to the idea of just putting out new toys each year and they weren't that experienced when it came to telling stories. That's why the backlash for Optimus was so great.

Still, it didn't matter. Newer toys have been made and newer series have come out with different gimmicks and have all appealed to different generations of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato
    I expected Bay to do another Transformers after his TANT pet project failed
    He signed on before that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000
    What, like on the toys? Because the last movie was the first of them to make over a billion dollars.
    Correct. Kids weren't buying the DOTM toys, because there wasn't that much difference from ROTF figures. This is different from all the other lines where new figures that are different from the previous line. "Armada" Optimus is different from "Cybertron Optimus".

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium
    for the people who just want robots for two hours, that is never going to happen ever....like 12 people would go to see it and 6 of them would still complain
    It's too expensive to have only CGI robots on screen, for two hours. An animated film would be the better bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi
    I dont care about any of the actors in a Transformer movie one bit, Transformer movies should about freaking robots.
    Humans have always been a major factor in "Transformers" fiction. Hell, "Super God Masterforce" had humans controlling the Headmaster Jrs. and the Godmasters. Even in "Beast Wars", the proto humans had to be protected by the Maximals from both the Predacons and the Vok.
    Last edited by Mat001; 11-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    People will still complain unless Bay isn't involved in Transformers in any way
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    indeed

I like Wahlberg, he's no master thespian but hardly "horrible"

and its not like Statham is winning any Oscars either....he plays the same guy in every movie with light variations..but I still enjoy his films
    Don't give a damn what others say. Wahlberg is an improvement over Lebouf IMO

Don't give a damn what others say. Wahlberg is an improvement over Lebouf IMO
    anyone who wants to say he is "horrible" should watch The Fighter....again, he's not changing the craft of acting, but he is decent enough

anyone who wants to say he is "horrible" should watch The Fighter....again, he's not changing the craft of acting, but he is decent enough
    Yeah when it comes to Transformers I'm not looking for someone academy award winning. I'm looking for someone that is good for the role that he's casting in and doesn't make me want to reach out and strangle him due to how annoying he is.

Yeah when it comes to Transformers I'm not looking for someone academy award winning. I'm looking for someone that is good for the role that he's casting in and doesn't make me want to reach out and strangle him due to how annoying he is.
    Im neutral about Shia..always have been, never understood the ire that the internets and especially the fandom chose to foist on him...actually thought he was pretty decent in Wall Street

Nah, people will complain no matter what. Even Beast Wars, touted by a lot of fandom as one of the high points of the property (it's also the series where Rhinox defeats the mighty Megatron with a fart) had to deal with the "truck not monkey" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Nah, people will complain no matter what. Even Beast Wars, touted by a lot of fandom as one of the high points of the property (it's also the series where Rhinox defeats the mighty Megatron with a fart) had to deal with the "truck not monkey" crowd.
    True. Even in Transformers Prime, in which is a much better Transformers series, people complained about the human characters despite the fact that the majority of the plot involves the robots not the humans

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

True. Even in Transformers Prime, in which is a much better Transformers series, people complained about the human characters despite the fact that the majority of the plot involves the robots not the humans
    actually the human characters are fairly popular except for miko

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    actually the human characters are fairly popular except for miko
    When comparing the Bay Transformers human characters, and Skids and Mudflap how annoying would you say Miko is?

Im neutral about Shia..always have been, never understood the ire that the internets and especially the fandom chose to foist on him...actually thought he was pretty decent in Wall Street
    He's a decent actor who managed to have the misfortune to be in crap movies and the fortune to be Spielberg's "Chosen One" shoving him in all his big progects Transformers and Indiana Jones. That's two strikes against him but I don't think those were his fault.
    Last edited by Frank; 11-09-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

I've only seen the first one, but it was fucking horrible. Disregarding all the action that sucked, the movie about giant warring robots from space that turn into shit played like a really annoying, badly done comedy; most of it being about Shia LaBeouf's character getting a new car and trying to fuck Megan Fox. There's a huge portion of the movie where you're just hanging out at his house, and like his parents are drunk, and they think he's jacking off or something, and everyone is acting like they're on speed; and you're like: What does this have to do with fighting robots? LaBeouf's character is also a whiny bitch, like he gets mad at Megan Fox for not telling him her dad (and her kind of, I think) has a record. Why does he care about this? He just started talking to her, they've really only known each other for a few hours and he's mad she hasn't told him her life story? Even if they hadn't just started talking his reaction was totally overblown.

And from what I hear that mess of a movie is the "good" Transformers movies, like it somehow got worse after that one.