Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    (and him exploding from weak spot-out)
    The actual scene doesn't agree with your interpretation.

There's a progressively bigger bulge on his chest in the upper left* area which then explodes in a spray of blood.

It's about as clear as possible short of an X-Ray or him shouting "No, my heart!!" that it's his heart exploding.

*: I have, for some reason, found a clip that inverted the scene so that it instead appears to be on the right side. Either way, it's far too high and to the side to be the weak spot which is in the center of his body. And why would the weak spot bulge out before exploding?
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The actual scene doesn't agree with your interpretation.

There's a progressively bigger bulge on his chest in the upper left* area which then explodes in a spray of blood.

It's about as clear as possible short of an X-Ray or him shouting "No, my heart!!" that it's his heart exploding.

*: I have, for some reason, found a clip that inverted the scene so that it instead appears to be on the right side. Either way, it's far too high and to the side to be the weak spot which is in the center of his body. And why would the weak spot bulge out before exploding?
    Counterpoint - Toei animation, who in the same movie, somehow forgot the trademark electricity/sparks that circle SSJ2s in general, so, the entire movie, you think Gohan is SSJ1, when he's actually SSJ2.

Actually, you are right about the heart thing when rewatching - I was going off memory that tried to make sense of that in the past.

Yeah, the SSJ2 thing was kind of a silly mistake.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yes, but still orders of magnitude below galaxy busting.
    Were people saying Brolly is galaxy busting durability? I thought the argument was his output, which is...something.

Where is Gladiator at strength-wise, anyway? He has to be beyond planet level, because, well: (remember, goofy movie Goku's kamehameha's are FTL and go a decent ways into the sun on their own)

Gladiator can punch a planet into pieces with a few hits and has a virtual eternity to apply said force to Brolly.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Meh, I maintain that him dying because they threw him into the sun makes no sense. I also maintain that I am at loss as to why his chest blew up.

Oh well, it's not like DBZ movies make that much sense in the first place.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Meh, I maintain that him dying because they threw him into the sun makes no sense. I also maintain that I am at loss as to why his chest blew up.

Oh well, it's not like DBZ movies make that much sense in the first place.
    Well it wasn't the sun that killed him, like I said, it was just something for the kamehameha to actually hit and look dramatic with.

The sun didn't even fully take out Cooler, after all.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Gladiator can punch a planet into pieces with a few hits and has a virtual eternity to apply said force to Brolly.
    I thought Gladiator's overall best speed feat was 100c (outside of his unquantifiable one which he ramped into?). Brolly reacted to a 30 to 60c kamehameha, so he's not getting hit -that- much. With his shield down, he point blank laughs at a Planet Buster ++++; a bunch of 1/3 PB level hits aren't going to do anything until you get into the hundreds, really. And that's with shields down.

edit: And to be fair, I'm not sure about the confidence level of Gladiator when hitting a guy with his best punches and it doing absolutely nothing.

(I took the 100c ranking from Pendaran's post in the last Gladiator thread I found on here where this stuff was discussed - that's as much as I know of his speed outside of the scan of the wtf feat that's hard to quantify)
    Last edited by abmccray; 11-12-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    I thought Gladiator's overall best speed feat was 100c (outside of his unquantifiable one which he ramped into?). Brolly reacted to a 30 or 60c kamehameha, so he's not getting hit -that- much. With his shield down, he point blank laughs at a Planet Buster ++++; a bunch of 1/3 PB level hits aren't going to do anything until you get into the hundreds, really. And that's with shields down.
    Let me put it another way: Gladiator vs Flash Gladiator is given a win because he can react just that fast. Brolly? Not so much anywhere even near that. 100c was flight speed clocked by Reed, IIRC.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-12-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Veteran Member

I'm asking for feats, though (as we know, reputation isn't always correct in general). He has the one Flash level feat, but he has enough appearances where he should be showing more of that if he's truly Flash-level. I just re-read the last thread where it was brought up and no one really posted any supporting feats there.

We can clock Brolly to a degree since he tossed up a shield and three shots before a kamehameha that took him to the sun in 5-10 seconds hit him, and he has three appearances where he just tanks stuff, for the most part, or fights similar reaction-speed beings. And, who does interstellar travel on his own flight speed. I'm curious as to the actual feats for Gladiator. Like I said, Brolly would basically have to be a statue and take hundreds of hits for it to matter - so that's pretty much what determines this.

The feat comes from when he slows/speeds himself up whilst people like Reed and such are using time dilation belts. He has other feats of fighting in nanoseconds and such, but the "Gladiator can beat Flash via reacting quick enough to zorch him" has been pretty much accepted(AKAIK). Granted it could just be misinterpretation.

I have no idea how many appearances Glads has so if that is SMvsFL or something I can't answer. I've also heard feats of him crushing a star physically..but I've never seen that specific feat. He seems to generally be PC Superman lite, but this could of changed.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-12-2012 at 01:28 PM.