Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    First and second Broly movies were normal, unaugmented Broly. The third was a slime beast clone whose existance made me weep inside.
    There were three Broly movies?

Good lord... -_-
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    There were three Broly movies?

Good lord... -_-
    The second one was alright, with more satisfying ending than the original movie. The third one had Bio-Brolly's weakness being rain, so yeah.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Gladiator is fully capable of chucking Broly into the sun. Which kills Broly just fine, given that that is how Broly died to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    We consistently saw essentially no upper limit to his power.
    The guy died when he got tossed into the sun. He also had his energy blast overpowered by the triple kamehameha.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Gladiator is fully capable of chucking Broly into the sun. Which kills Broly just fine, given that that is how Broly died to begin with.

The guy died when he got tossed into the sun. He also had his energy blast overpowered by the triple kamehameha.
    In all fairness, he was casually overwhelming a sustained blast from a full out triple Kamehameha with random energy balls which he simply recharged/replaced whenever they started running out until Trunks managed to prematurely detonate one of the reinforcement blasts. Against "Kakarotto(s)," Brolly's problem wasn't a lack of insanely overwhelming offensive and defensive power, it was that his psychosis made him want to slowly crush him/them to paste and gives them an opening to sucker punch his childhood scar in a way that freaks him out completely or makes the his heart explode.

But yeah, he's shown nowhere near the speed necessary to keep up with Gladiator even slightly.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

As to the galaxy..for some reason when it showed it being destroyed I always thought it was something along the lines of their way of showing us the combined destruction the guy had caused in the galaxy instead of firing off some type of explosion that had a radius of literally untold billions upon billions of miles that wiped it out in one go. Though it's been a while since I've seen the clip so that could be 100% wrong.

Not to mention such a being could have his power reduced to 1/100th of it's true potential and should technically still vastly outpower every single being in DBZ combined if he was a legit galaxy one shotter(especially since I do not recall a single movie-verse character being a galaxy buster besides him). The sun shouldn't of killed him, hitting him in a weak spot to take him out should still require beings vastly above the ones he fought since none of them came close to galaxy busting. He should of been able to cough in their general direction and wipe out all the Z fighters. Unless it's being said that he is a type of glass cannon in DBZ where his firepower vastly vastly(and a thousand more vastly's) exceeds his durability. Otherwise his response to the sun should of been to laugh and blow it up casually and he shouldn't even need to be at full strength to do so unless suns in DBZ are galaxy sized(they are not).

The heat/gravity of the sun(even the core) should do nothing but tickle him since you can have Thor level beings who can hang out in suns and if Brolly is billions of times stronger then the Z fighters(which is what he'd be to be at such a power level) and even he can't survive the sun whilst weakened then doesn't that throw the durability of the rest of the cast out of whack? Even if you thought a full powered Goku couldn't survive the sun I would hardly think he'd need to become thousands/millions/billions of times stronger in order to achieve such a feat(Heck I'd doubt he'd even need to become 100 times stronger if we're talking about Goku at his height, movies or not).

Of course he won't get the chance to use the power in this fight either way, but yeah.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-09-2012 at 05:11 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Pretty sure what killed him there wasn't so much the sun as it was the combination of Old Weakspot + 3 Kamehameha. Anyway it is a moot point because he starts with shields up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Pretty sure what killed him there wasn't so much the sun as it was the combination of Old Weakspot + 3 Kamehameha.
    Nope, he's clearly shown to not be hurt by the kamehamehas as they push him into the sun, at which point what appears to be his heart explodes.
    Anyway it is a moot point because he starts with shields up.
    Which he had when he died.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In all fairness, he was casually overwhelming a sustained blast from a full out triple Kamehameha with random energy balls which he simply recharged/replaced whenever they started running out until Trunks managed to prematurely detonate one of the reinforcement blasts. Against "Kakarotto(s)," Brolly's problem wasn't a lack of insanely overwhelming offensive and defensive power, it was that his psychosis made him want to slowly crush him/them to paste and gives them an opening to sucker punch his childhood scar in a way that freaks him out completely or makes the his heart explode.
    Hey, I never said he wasn't more powerful than his opponents, I said he had an upper limit to his power. If he was some infinitely powerful galaxy buster, he wouldn't have needed to reinforce his blasts.

Nope, he's clearly shown to not be hurt by the kamehamehas as they push him into the sun, at which point what appears to be his heart explodes.

Which he had when he died.
    Checked a video. You're right he does put his shield up at the last moment, right before the Kamehameha hits him.

Anyway, I still don't see a sun toss as a viable strategy. Unlike with the Kamehameha, there is nothing stopping Broly from, well, stopping himself from getting to the sun.
    Last edited by Hazard; 11-09-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Anyway, I still don't see a sun toss as a viable strategy. Unlike with the Kamehameha, there is nothing stopping Broly from, well, stopping himself from getting to the sun.
    Given the sheer speed disparity, Gladiator can just chuck him and then eyebeam him into the sun before he reacts.

I mean, Broly is ridiculously fast for DBZ standards, but he's not Gladiator fast.

Given the sheer speed disparity, Gladiator can just chuck him and then eyebeam him into the sun before he reacts.

I mean, Broly is ridiculously fast for DBZ standards, but he's not Gladiator fast.
    Well, yeah, Gladiator is faster. Not going to argue that.

But even imagining he can toss him with his shields up (Not really a stretch at all), I don't really see that eyebeam strategy working given what Broly's shield can tank.

The eyebeams don't have to actually hurt the guy. Just push him into the sun which will then do the hurting.

The eyebeams don't have to actually hurt the guy. Just push him into the sun which will then do the hurting.
    Would they push him though? I'm seeing it in a DBZ way where blasts just harmless impact and don't even make you flinch when they don't work.

Well, given that the Kamehamehas pushed the guy despite not particularly hurting him, I don't see why Gladiator's moves wouldn't do similar.

Well, given that the Kamehamehas pushed the guy despite not particularly hurting him, I don't see why Gladiator's moves wouldn't do similar.
    For one the Kamehameha would be stronger.

For another, I'm now realizing my mind is thinking of the eyebeams as heat beams, which they probably aren't and thus would have their own force.

Though even if they are heatbeams someone is bound to have had them pack force at least once. Ah silly comic science.