Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    My favorite Mole moment was Stephen Baldwin and Corbin Bernsen returning in the second Celebrity Mole...and went completely batshit insane in between the 2 seasons. And they were so insane that they were actually figuring out the gibberish clues, but talked themselves out of the right answers. Crazy. Too good to last.
    Haha, yeah. And they were executed back to back in both seasons too, merely swapping finishing places. I can't blame them for trying to suss out the clues, but they should have remembered that the clues are meant for the home audience, not the players. Hell, most of the clues in the second season was so obscure that even The Mole of that season didn't catch it(one of them was during an episode where the host was eating an apple, which is the state fruit of Washington, which is where The Mole's hometown was located).

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    It is a self-fulfilling prophesy of glorifying the worst of us, instead of taking the higher road and celebrating the best of us.
    I agree with this. Unfortunately, we could say this about most television.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    that petition won't change anything

"reality tv" is cheap, fast to produce, and gets returns just as good if not better than scripted television

low cost, high return
    This.
    I remember watching season 2 of the real world, and then they did Road rules, and i ate that crap up, i think i watched Real World until they stopped making them pay for food...like the season after London maybe, probably season 5, i just tapped out on it. Road rules was even funnier, because they ALWAYS ran out of money.
    Then they just fed them and had them get drunk every night. I'm not sure when the switch over began and every show was a reality show, but i certainly didn't expect it would happen back then.
    And now, i don't think i watch a single one of the shows. I occasionaly watched Masterchef but swore it off when i determined the winners were fixed, and i loved the original kitchen nightmares (American version was too fake and not enough cooking for my tastes).
    Still, some good non reality tv,all kinds of shows on hbo and showtime and Sons of Anarchy and Walking Dead.

Gonna watch Hardcore pawn tonight no lie. Shut the FK UP!

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    This.
    I remember watching season 2 of the real world, and then they did Road rules, and i ate that crap up, i think i watched Real World until they stopped making them pay for food...like the season after London maybe, probably season 5, i just tapped out on it. Road rules was even funnier, because they ALWAYS ran out of money.
    i think i stopped after the first time they filmed it (Real World) in Vegas. it was starting to feel orchestrated, at that point.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

I'm surprised people are still griping about this. Reality TV isn't going anywhere. Sure, I hate 99% of it but it's obvious that a lot of other people like it. I don't think there's much you can do to change others' tastes.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I'm surprised people are still griping about this. Reality TV isn't going anywhere. Sure, I hate 99% of it but it's obvious that a lot of other people like it. I don't think there's much you can do to change others' tastes.
    Not until I complete my mind control ray...Mwahahahahaha!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...