Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #18 Preview

Based on the last issue I can't say I'm too excited for this, but hopefully it's good.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

I don't even like these characters anymore..

I'm actually devastated. I'm starting to feel like this book will never recover.

omg this is painful to watch.

wtf are the x-men doing there? in uniforms? with wolverine?

and why is everyone talking like they just got out of movie from 1920`s?

humphries, please just stop.
    All-time Favs: Ultimate Marvel, Transmetropolitan, 100 Bullets, Ex Machina, Grant Morrison, Saga...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pinq09 View Post

Cap is almost certainly dreaming or day dreaming, hence the 20s stuff

wolverine i dont know, but artist seem not to give a fuck about continuity in the ultimate universe, in ultimate doom, the wasp was alive in during the final battle (sure red wasp could have dyed her hair and was wearing a janets outfit, but its extremly unlikely

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by pinq09 View Post

Well it's kind of obvious that it's some sort of dream sequence probably from Modi. Hence the the future dictator Cap. But I'm done bashing the Ultimates. I'm just going accept that the old ultimates are gone and just deal with what we have. Seriously it's a waste of energy to bash it when all we can do is wait.

It has to be Modi messing with Steve's mind.
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Yeah guys it's a dream sequence.

Whether it's a dream sequence, continuity error, whatever - it's great to see the X-Men look like the X-Men again. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love what Brian Wood is doing with Ultimate X-Men. But, at the same time, I really miss the team from a few years ago. I'm hoping it is, in fact, a dream sequence, though; because this would be a bigger error than Psylocke coming back. Not only is Wolverine standing there, Nightcrawler is right behind him.

If it's not a mind manipulation or something, and these are actually the first pages of this issue, then that's a real shame. There's been a big trend of anticlimax in this book, and this would be by far the biggest yet.

All that said, Luke Ross just continues to get better. I really love the celebration page, and he's starting to nail these characters. Hopefully Humphries can improve the way that Ross has been. Then, maybe, this book can be solid again.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

MUTHA F***IN' Wolverine is back!!! Also Nightcrawler, you could see his hand behind Wolverine. If Humphries brings him back I could care less about how terrible the book is. He would go down as a premier Ultimate writer for me

In case any of you are wondering I am fully aware that this is most likely not the case.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 11-09-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

It makes me sad that Wyokid isn't here to smash my dream of Wolverine returning
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

This is almost 100% a daydream. Modi is using the mind stone to weaken Cap. There is no other possible explanation to this, and I have to say I'm pretty bummed out they're using such an overused plot device.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    There is no other possible explanation to this.
    I can think of one: bad writing. Unless last issue (absolutely horrid) was a dream sequence as well
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Yea definitely seems that we've got a Lotus-Eater Machine going on here. Though I do agree with Plawsky, even if it's a fake, it's definitely nice to see the X-Men as a team again, even if only for a moment because, while I definitely like the book best of the UU, I still can't help but miss the days of the X-Men as heroes.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Also, I know this may not be a gripe that many readers share, but as a non-US reader I'm getting pretty tired of the current "America F**K YEAH" storyline. It's less overplayed in X-men and Spider-Man but it's becoming grating to me in Ultimates lately.

The cynic in me refuses to believe it's a coincidence that a storyline like this happens right on top of an election either. Hopefully this arc can wrap up soon and we can move on to something else. (And yes I know Ultimates 2 was pretty America heavy but that just felt less irritating than this current "President Cap" storyline).

Personal gripes.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.