Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-man is Ending but what about these unresolved plots?

Hey is it just me or over the past 150 issues or so have there been a lot of plots just dropping of the face of the Marvel U?

1. Vin Gonzales gets out of prison with his Green Goblin Tattoo and more or less threatens Harry and his new born son that Norman wants Stanley but after harry taser's and beats him Vin just drops out of the Marvel U. Where does it go from there it's just hanging there with no resolution same goes for harry and his son moving to Europe which in comics means we might not see him for 20 years or more which I'm hoping it isn't the case.

2.Menace was a huge villain for spidey over the past couple of years but just drops off the face of the earth after fleeing in Origin of Species arc and hasn't shown up anywhere since it happened was capture or just on the run? Who knows but needs some resolution all the same

3. This is a big one for me Kraven the Hunter and his family. If pete's no longer going to be spider-man how will Kraven die by his hand now to break the curse on him and what about his daughter last we see of them their in the savage land talking about making the family strong again is that going to go anywhere? with a little less than 5 issues if you count the .1 issue to go I somehow doubt it.

Oh one more thing if any here knows if any of these have been resolved feel free to share because I'm pretty curious about these.

An Alpha did it.

Or to a lesser extent, if someone wants to resolve any of those pretty terrible plots rather than pretend Kraven is still dead without his lame family and Kaine's random muscle mass transformation, that Menace is happily gone along with Vin and his sister, it'll be resolved not long after Parker returns since his absence will last about as long as his absent spider-sense.
    Last edited by DarkWarriorBlake; 11-08-2012 at 03:05 PM.

These aren't really unresolved plots, though.

Harry Osborn's story ended, for now, when he fled to Europe.

Vin Gonzalez's story ended when he joined a gang that idolizes Norman Osborn.

With Kraven, a man who wanted to end his life was consigned to a hellish eternal life.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Way I see it, any character whose not created by Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, Johnny Romita Sr., and Gerry Conway, can come and go anyways.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

I think these all qualify as completed arcs left 'open-ended' for future stories.

The only one that seems to demand more follow-up is Kraven's story. He's popped up in Venom and Scarlet Spider, though I'm still not clear on what his master plan is.

I thought maybe he'd be connected to 'The Great Darkness' Julia predicted in Scarlet Spider 6, but I guess not.

But maybe Yost has future plans for him?
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I think these all qualify as completed arcs left 'open-ended' for future stories.

The only one that seems to demand more follow-up is Kraven's story. He's popped up in Venom and Scarlet Spider, though I'm still not clear on what his master plan is.

I thought maybe he'd be connected to 'The Great Darkness' Julia predicted in Scarlet Spider 6, but I guess not.

But maybe Yost has future plans for him?
    I don't think Kraven has a "master plan" (or really any plan) at all----he is now a tragic figure condemned to walk the earth unable to die unless he kills SPidey. But I am not so sure he even appears hell bent on killing off Spidey so that he can rest; remember: the guy is pretty much insane so I expect to continue to see him popping up in Savage Land stories and, hopefully, in a Slott-penned story down the line.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I don't think Kraven has a "master plan" (or really any plan) at all----he is now a tragic figure condemned to walk the earth unable to die unless he kills SPidey. But I am not so sure he even appears hell bent on killing off Spidey so that he can rest; remember: the guy is pretty much insane so I expect to continue to see him popping up in Savage Land stories and, hopefully, in a Slott-penned story down the line.
    Maybe. I personally think it was a misfire to undermine Kraven's Last Hunt so that Kraven could essentially fill a role that his daughter covers nicely.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Comic Book Fanatic!!! Memphis Raines's Avatar

Maybe. I personally think it was a misfire to undermine Kraven's Last Hunt so that Kraven could essentially fill a role that his daughter covers nicely.
    I agree. Grim Hunt was actually not a bad story, but there was just no reason for it to be done. Also, I like Kraven's daughter way better than I ever liked him, so I definitely feel Kraven should have stayed dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I agree. Grim Hunt was actually not a bad story, but there was just no reason for it to be done. Also, I like Kraven's daughter way better than I ever liked him, so I definitely feel Kraven should have stayed dead.
    Yeah, I thought the whole Kraven clan filled that bat-&*# insane void nicely.

But then, I'm a big fan of legacy villains scarred by their predecessors. I liked the idea of Norman having a much stronger legacy after he was dead, kind of a reverse Uncle Ben.

Well, Marvel never resolved the whole Lance Bannon death situation from near enough twenty years ago! Pretty shocking considering he was a regular supporting cast member for over a decade.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Way I see it, any character whose not created by Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, Johnny Romita Sr., and Gerry Conway, can come and go anyways.
    Max is cool! I don't want him to just disappear off the face of the Earth or roll over and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Max is cool! I don't want him to just disappear off the face of the Earth or roll over and die.
    There's a lot of characters I've loved down my twelve years reading of Spider-Verse. Jessica Carradine, Desiree Winthrop, Shirley and Devon Lewis, and Buzz from the Ben Reilly phase of Sensational, Billy Walters and Hope from the Peter Parker phase of title. Jill and Arthur Stacy from when adjectiveless Spider-Man became Peter Parker Spider-Man, to the still-much infamous early volume 2 titles peroid. Caryn and Barker from Paul Jenkins' Peter Parker volume 2, and Big John Anderson from his Spectacular volume two. See any of them anymore?

Should not be any different for the "Brand New Day" cast, a lot less sympathetic in my personal opinion. Michelle and Vin Gonzalez, outta here! Lilly Hollister, good riddance, you were nucking futs in the end! Still waiting for plain jane Carlie Cooper!

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    There's a lot of characters I've loved down my twelve years reading of Spider-Verse. Jessica Carradine, Desiree Winthrop, Shirley and Devon Lewis, and Buzz from the Ben Reilly phase of Sensational, Billy Walters and Hope from the Peter Parker phase of title. Jill and Arthur Stacy from when adjectiveless Spider-Man became Peter Parker Spider-Man, to the still-much infamous early volume 2 titles peroid. Caryn and Barker from Paul Jenkins' Peter Parker volume 2, and Big John Anderson from his Spectacular volume two. See any of them anymore?

Should not be any different for the "Brand New Day" cast, a lot less sympathetic in my personal opinion. Michelle and Vin Gonzalez, outta here! Lilly Hollister, good riddance, you were nucking futs in the end! Still waiting for plain jane Carlie Cooper!
    Did you just say you loved Jill and Arthur Stacy..

Btw yeah, the BND characters were lame and forgettable but Max is one of the coolest things to have come from Slott's run and BT. He is like the perfect anti-J. Jonah common man boss/mentor who Peter really needs in his life.

The comics are better for the absence of Vin and Menace. Neither character really had legs, I thought, but were just plot vehicles. In general I would say there are plots from BND that could be followed up on, though, in the sense of being expanded. But I would be fine if they were just left to rest, too.

But then, I'm a big fan of legacy villains scarred by their predecessors. I liked the idea of Norman having a much stronger legacy after he was dead, kind of a reverse Uncle Ben.
    Me too. Gwen really benefited from the same type of legacy effect, and the comics are better for it. Kraven's daughter was really interesting and filled the void left by her father quite nicely.

But, having said that, I am glad Kraven is back. He makes for a great tragic figure, and could be used to great effect someday. His former role is basically filled, which just means he should now have a new role.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Kraven and his daughter are a creepy duo. ASM needs a little more creepiness.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus