Default New 52 Recommendations

I currently read Action Comics, Justice League, Supergirl, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Are there are any other DC's New 52 titles worth picking up? I am strongly considering getting into the Batman books, but there are just so many that I don't know which (if any), are worth shelling out money for. As for my tastes, I like good art, but art is nothing without the story, IMO. Plus, I am not a fan of fantasy and / or heavy use of magic. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Two of my personal favorite books of the new 52 are Earth 2 and the Flash. They both have fantastic art and good writing.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Somewhere over the rainbow (or Paris, France)

Earth 2 and Flash are very good indeed.
    For the Batbooks, Batman Incorporated is a must have. It doesn't tie onto the other books, so you are safe with it.
    It is sad that you don't like fantasy/magic because two of the greatest books are Batwoman and Frankenstein Agent of SHADE.
    The Unwritten - iZombie
    Frankenstein Agent of SHADE - Batwoman - The Flash - Captain Atom
    X Factor - Beasts of Burden - Star Wars Invasion - Witch Doctor

BANNED

For Batman books, just get Batman and Batman Inc (or pick one). The rest are lousy.

Definitely the Flash, if you like the JL superhero stuff.

If you like the dark horror tone of Wonder Woman, try the Dark line. Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Justice League Dark, I, Vampire, and Demon Knights are the best. Actually Dial H is the best, but it's very different kind of book, and a dense read.

I'd recommend Batwoman and All-Star Western; they may push your bounds, but in two different directions. Batwoman has some spiritual and mystic elements but ties back to the Batman mythos with some magnificent artwork, whereas All-Star Western is a duo comic which builds into Gotham's history with a mix of elements. Animal Man might be to your taste, and I think Batman & Robin is a tad underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Lord View Post
    I currently read Action Comics, Justice League, Supergirl, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Are there are any other DC's New 52 titles worth picking up? I am strongly considering getting into the Batman books, but there are just so many that I don't know which (if any), are worth shelling out money for. As for my tastes, I like good art, but art is nothing without the story, IMO. Plus, I am not a fan of fantasy and / or heavy use of magic. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    I don't like Johns' handling of Justice League, but if you do, maybe Justice League of America could be a good match when it starts early next year. You may also enjoy Aquaman, too (also by Johns).

Of the Batman books, definitely Batman itself. Detective Comics recently got a new writer and artist, so it could be worth it as well.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

stupid double-posting system
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 11-08-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So, have you acted on any of these suggestions yet?

So, have you acted on any of these suggestions yet?

Bat books aren't as good as they use to be. Batman and Batwing are your best bet.

Batman Inc ia harder to jump into if your not familiar with Morrisons run. Batwoman's another bat title you might check out. Birds of Prey is just okay, not great. I'd stay away from the other bat titles.

Aquaman's a decent book to pick up. It's got great art.

DC presents has some good stories now and than.

The Young Justice line is bad so don't bother.

Frankenstein Agent of Shade got cancelled so I won't recommend that. Swamp Thing and Animal Man are solid horror comics, but they have long dragging story arcs.

That's about it. Edge Line lost its best books imo

I'm gonna say Batman, Aquaman, and Earth-2. All three are awesome in my opinion. You could also check ou some Marvel because they have their MarvelNOW initiative just starting up.
    Last edited by BigT; 12-03-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    My Current Top 10: The Walking Dead, Wolverine and the X-Men, Aquaman, Batman, Uncanny Avengers, Invincible, Thor: God of Thunder, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men and New Avengers

Even though I don't buy it, have you considered adding Superboy on a trial basis?

At present, that book is crossing over with Superman and Supergirl for the H'el on Earth event.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...ll+Articles%29