Thread: My sad story

Default My sad story

I already posted this on the DC hardcover discussion (I only collect CGC graded books or HC/TPB), but since I had a good percentage of Hellboy books I'll share it here too:

As some of you might remember me telling earlier this year I had to sell most of my collection to help pay some medical bills, it was around June that I started rebuilding my comic library with just Hardcovers/TPB's.
    Fast forward to October I had to move my collection to a new house, and until I had settled in I left it on my old house storage room (it's an apartment complex, I never used the storage room but it was just for a few weeks so I thought there wouldn't be a problem)...
    Today I went there to bring back my books and I face myself with a disaster of epic proportions, water had entered through the ceiling and destroyed most of my collection!

Only a few books survived, but to give you an idea here's what I lost:

Hellboy Library Edition 1-5
    BPRD Book 1 and 2
    Goon (all the volumes plus the Chinatown hardcover)
    A few DC New 52 Collection
    Some Marvel Premiere Classics
    Mouse Guard (I really liked those mice)
    Some random TPB/HC

I hauled all those damaged books to my house and phoned a friend to see if he'd like to read some of them (the ones you could still read), I didn't ask any money but he still gave me 100 Euros for remembering him and to help me rebuild my collection... Now I must purchase all of those again!
    When it comes to Hellboy I lost:

Library Editions
    BPRD Books 1 and 2
    Baltimore Hardcovers
    Abe Sapien TPBs
    Witchfinder TPBs
    Lobster Johnson TPBs
    Weird Tales TPBs + House of the Living Dead HC

Now I must get all of these back again!
    I ordered today the first Library Edition to cheer me up, I was really p*ssed off!

Thats horrible man..

Did you happen to have or lose the Hardcover Seed of Destruction mini (the one that came with the HB figure) and the From the Vault 2 sketchbook?
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Can't say that I have. All the Hellboy I had was on that box Except for three CGC graded I had with me.

Most of my stuff is boxed up as I am also in a transitional living state, but I will get to it and see if I have anything extra packed away.

Also, according to USPS.com, your Halloween read (ahem, rather late at this point) left Miami on November 4th (!) and is on its way across the ocean and will hopefully remain dry the whole time.

Oh man, that's really harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    Most of my stuff is boxed up as I am also in a transitional living state, but I will get to it and see if I have anything extra packed away.

Also, according to USPS.com, your Halloween read (ahem, rather late at this point) left Miami on November 4th (!) and is on its way across the ocean and will hopefully remain dry the whole time.
    Maybe I'll get it has a thanksgiving present!

Anyway I hope you guys don't take this thread in the wrong way, it's very nice of you but I wasn't trying to ask for free comics, I just wanted to rant for a bit! I hope you guys didn't misunderstood me!