Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 357
  1. #61
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Honestly, I hope this election exposed the hell out of the GOP, and more importantly, Fox News.

    Seriously, after what happened. Their predictions, Karl Roves ranting, Dick Morris in general, the defense of guys who got legitimately trounced in their races.


    Why do they still have credibility to some people after this?
    Because attractive women are more popular than old white dudes.
    I attribute the fact that they trounce all other networks in the ratings to that.
    Also, old white men talking about how republicans only care about old white men is fucking weird to watch.

  2. #62
    Hey, Larry! Darrell D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,367

    Default

    If anything, it should be a wake-up call to the GOP...they can't continue to count on old, white or fundamentalist to carry the vote.
    They need to reevaluate their gameplan, and exactly who they need to represent.

  3. #63
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Because attractive women are more popular than old white dudes.
    I attribute the fact that they trounce all other networks in the ratings to that.
    Also, old white men talking about how republicans only care about old white men is fucking weird to watch.
    the things I would do to Megyn Kellys undercarriage

    though I do wake up to Robin Meade every morning
    Support your local roller derby league

  4. #64
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    If anything, it should be a wake-up call to the GOP...they can't continue to count on old, white or fundamentalist to carry the vote.
    They need to reevaluate their gameplan, and exactly who they need to represent.
    Well in a lot of races 2014 will be the key. Does the GOP change strategies...and shift some things to a radically changing world ? Or do they dig themselves into denial and kick n scream how the world should be...1955 ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  5. #65
    Loading cactusmaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Forever Becoming - Pelican
    Posts
    4,746

    Default

    Future elections aren't going to be impacted by race, they're going to be impacted by taxpayers, old geezers and public sector unions all fighting bitter, all-out wars for their share of the economic pie.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

  6. #66
    Elder Member Wjowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,369

    Default

    Republicans keep bringing up how close the polls were and they're missing the point: Obama should have lost. He was suffering from abysmal approval ratings and a tepid economy. The fact that the best the Republicans could do was pull a close race (in the popular vote anyways) in what should have been a sure win for them shows how badly out of step they are with the rest of America.

    2012 is a time of major changes. Between the passing of gay marriage laws via popular vote, the legalization of recreational marijuana, and the possibility of the U.S. acquiring a 51st state, things are not what they used to be and they need to realize that.
    Last edited by Wjowski; 11-08-2012 at 04:41 PM.

  7. #67
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    Republicans keep bringing up how close the polls were and they're missing the point: Obama should have lost. He was suffering from abysmal approval ratings and a tepid economy. The fact that the best the Republicans could do was pull a close race (in the popular vote anyways) in what should have been a sure win for them shows how badly out of step they are with the rest of America.

    2012 is a time of major changes. Between the passing of gay marriage laws via popular vote, the legalization of recreational marijuana, and the possibility of the U.S. acquiring a 51st state, things are not what they used to be and they need to realize that.
    The fact they ran an attack ad...one that likely years ago may have worked perhaps...but the attack ad linking Obama to Castro , should be an ashamed party. The party needs to repair the damage done with minorities in the next couple of years. They have alienated and pissed off many of them. The need to realize America has changed and minorities and more are gaining power.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  8. #68
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The fact they ran an attack ad...one that likely years ago may have worked perhaps...but the attack ad linking Obama to Castro , should be an ashamed party. The party needs to repair the damage done with minorities in the next couple of years. They have alienated and pissed off many of them. The need to realize America has changed and minorities and more are gaining power.
    They will run rubio and get 10% more of the hispanic vote minimum just because he speaks spanish.
    Not even joking.

  9. #69
    for the lulz 7thangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,632

    Default

    can we talk about the polling mentioned a few times.

    the polls this month were inaccurate (until the last couple of days). that whole unskewed crap influenced the pollsters, even PPP, and they all had very questionable likely voter formulas (RV still favoured Obama). they had it whiter, older and more republican than the 2010 midterm exit poll, based on bs conventional wisdom. not to mention that they consistently underweigh (i'm sure that's not the term i'm looking for) minorities.

    they got that wrong, especially Gallup, who despite their promises, have yet to update and improve their methodology. matter of fact, they were embarrassingly bad. somewhere Zogby is shaking his head

  10. #70
    Senior Member J. Robb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oil Country
    Posts
    4,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Why did Mitt Romney lose?
    The Nineteenth Amendment.

  11. #71
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    31,726

    Default

    Mitt Romney lost because he sucks.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

  12. #72
    Poolryuken Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Atlanta Formerly Detroit
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    can we talk about the polling mentioned a few times.

    the polls this month were inaccurate (until the last couple of days). that whole unskewed crap influenced the pollsters, even PPP, and they all had very questionable likely voter formulas (RV still favoured Obama). they had it whiter, older and more republican than the 2010 midterm exit poll, based on bs conventional wisdom. not to mention that they consistently underweigh (i'm sure that's not the term i'm looking for) minorities.

    they got that wrong, especially Gallup, who despite their promises, have yet to update and improve their methodology. matter of fact, they were embarrassingly bad. somewhere Zogby is shaking his head
    Individual polls were pretty bad, but aggregate polling, most notably by Nate Silver, was highly accurate.
    Liked Deadpool before it was cool...

  13. #73
    Idaho Spuds Slam_Bradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    16,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well in a lot of races 2014 will be the key. Does the GOP change strategies...and shift some things to a radically changing world ? Or do they dig themselves into denial and kick n scream how the world should be...1955 ?

    1955 would be one thing. And we know they don't want 1955 tax rates. The thing is an awful lot of the loud ones seem to want not 1955, but 1875.

  14. #74
    for the lulz 7thangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Individual polls were pretty bad, but aggregate polling, most notably by Nate Silver, was highly accurate.
    and Silver , Sam Wang, and a few others that use a similar aggregate method, had Obama winning from start to finish

  15. #75
    for the lulz 7thangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    1955 would be one thing. And we know they don't want 1955 tax rates. The thing is an awful lot of the loud ones seem to want not 1955, but 1875.
    and they're fighting for control from the Paulites and right wing glibertarians that want to go back 1776, when America was the most free


    for rich white men

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •