Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

The best joke about the election might turn out to be the final tally: Looks like Romney's will round down to 47%.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

And again I think it needs to pointed out that according to all conventional wisdom Obama should have lost. The fact that Romney lost instead, and by some fairly large margins, is embarrassing. Even moreso than the Dems losing to Bush in 2004. I mean at least that one was close.

Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Seriously. Ron Paul appeals to a niche group but not the majority.
    Exactly .... I mean as much as Inferno believes Ron Paul could have won and all , he would have lost by a bigger score. Its clear the guy isn't really supported by a big majority because if he was...he would have won the primaries. He would have gotten the nomination. In the field of absolute fucking crazy the GOP had , Paul would have been nominated or had a lead. Hell...Michelle Bachmann at one time was a front runner and she is absolute insane. Yet in all of it...Ron Paul never seriously was a front runner. That tells you something.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Wjowski is falling into the same trap:

And again I think it needs to pointed out that according to all conventional wisdom Obama should have lost. The fact that Romney lost instead, and by some fairly large margins, is embarrassing. Even moreso than the Dems losing to Bush in 2004. I mean at least that one was close.
    "Conventional wisdom" is about as accurate as "common knowledge".
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    "Conventional wisdom" is about as accurate as "common knowledge".
    My point remains that Obama was a weak incumbent who should have lost. Yeah, part of it was Obama running an incredibly effective re-election campaign, but still.

Who says? I don't think he was a weak incumbent at all. That's just what the Republicans toted. "What has he done?" **laundry list** "Yeah, but what else?" **rollseyes**

He shouldn't have lost, and he didn't. Hell, I called "Romney vs. Obama with Obama winning" a year ago last summer after seeing the slate of defectives, racists and outright loons the GOP was putting up. It wasn't rocket surgery.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    My point remains that Obama was a weak incumbent who should have lost. Yeah, part of it was Obama running an incredibly effective re-election campaign, but still.
    How is it that Pres Obama was a weak incumbent when Republicans refused to cooperate in any fashion to help solve some of the countries issues? Mitch McConnell said it himself, their No.1 priority was to make Obama a one term Pres. Not work on creating jobs, not solving health care issues, not working on immigration, not working on a comprehensive energy program, not working on anything in a bipartisan fashion. That was their only focus, to beat President Obama. That sounds more like weak-minded leadership of the Republican Party.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Who says? I don't think he was a weak incumbent at all. That's just what the Republicans toted. "What has he done?" **laundry list** "Yeah, but what else?" **rollseyes**

He shouldn't have lost, and he didn't. Hell, I called "Romney vs. Obama with Obama winning" a year ago last summer after seeing the slate of defectives, racists and outright loons the GOP was putting up. It wasn't rocket surgery.
    Totally Agree.

Ric Santorum
    Herman Cain
    Michelle Bachman
    The Newt
    Rick Perry

Who in their right mind thinks that any of these people are capable of being President? And Mitt had to outdumb these people to win the Repugnant Party nomination.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

I'm just happy they (Republican/Fox News) stopped calling Obama a lame duck president days after he won his second term. All I kept thinking "That doesn't mean what you think it means", as a matter of fact he has 4 more years to prove you wrong.
    Destiny's Child - "If" - Here

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Totally Agree.

Ric Santorum
    Herman Cain
    Michelle Bachman
    The Newt
    Rick Perry

Who in their right mind thinks that any of these people are capable of being President? And Mitt had to outdumb these people to win the Repugnant Party nomination.
    Don't forget Ron Paul
    Did Donald Trump actually run in the primaries? I remember him having some serious public endorsements.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Don't forget Ron Paul
    Did Donald Trump actually run in the primaries? I remember him having some serious public endorsements.
    No he was gonna hold a debate actually that December but Romney and someone else ignored it. Only Bachmann and I believe Huntsman agreed to do it. What made no one wanna do it was Trump's crazy claim if he didn't like what the winner of the debate said , he'd run. Hence why no one wanted any part of it.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.