Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    It still hurt Romney if some Republicans decided to not bother voting. My next door neighbor put up a Romney sign, but it took it down two weeks later, a couple of days after the breaking news about that 47% speech. I'm guessing that my neighbor didn't bother voting for Romney.
    Yeah, 47% of the country would have to include alot of white middle class males too. Plus saying that he'd let the auto industry go bankrupt really crushed him in the midwest. I'm sure that a lot of working class Republicans have jobs in the auto industry.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    It still hurt Romney if some Republicans decided to not bother voting. My next door neighbor put up a Romney sign, but it took it down two weeks later, a couple of days after the breaking news about that 47% speech. I'm guessing that my neighbor didn't bother voting for Romney.
    What are the figures on voter turnout this election compared to last? We had record voter turnout last time didn't we?
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

and now Mitt gives his reasons

Romney reflects on his loss in call with campaign donors
    Mitt Romney told his top donors Wednesday that his loss to President Obama was a disappointing result that neither he nor his top aides had expected, but said he believed his team ran a “superb” campaign with “no drama,” and attributed his rival’s victory to “the gifts” the administration had given to blacks, Hispanics and young voters during Obama’s first term.

Obama, Romney argued, had been “very generous” to blacks, Hispanics and young voters. He cited as motivating factors to young voters the administration’s plan for partial forgiveness of college loan interest and the extension of health coverage for students on their parents’ insurance plans well into their 20s. Free contraception coverage under Obama’s healthcare plan, he added, gave an extra incentive to college-age women to back the president.

Romney argued that Obama’s healthcare plan’s promise of coverage “in perpetuity” was “highly motivational” to those voters making $25,000 to $35,000 who might not have been covered, as well as to African American and Hispanic voters. Pivoting to immigration, Romney said the Obama campaign’s efforts to paint him as “anti-immigrant” had been effective and that the administration’s promise to offer what he called “amnesty” to the children of illegal immigrants had helped turn out Hispanic voters in record numbers.

“The president’s campaign,” he said, “focused on giving targeted groups a big gift — so he made a big effort on small things. Those small things, by the way, add up to trillions of dollars.”

[...]
    Romney Blames Loss on Obama’s ‘Gifts’ to Minorities and Young Voters
    A week after losing the election to President Obama, Mitt Romney blamed his overwhelming electoral loss on what he said were big “gifts” that the president had bestowed on loyal Democratic constituencies, including young voters, African-Americans and Hispanics.

In a conference call on Wednesday afternoon with his national finance committee, Mr. Romney said that the president had followed the “old playbook” of wooing specific interest groups — “especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people,” Mr. Romney explained — with targeted gifts and initiatives.

“In each case they were very generous in what they gave to those groups,” Mr. Romney said.

“With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest, was a big gift,” he said. “Free contraceptives were very big with young college-aged women. And then, finally, Obamacare also made a difference for them, because as you know, anybody now 26 years of age and younger was now going to be part of their parents’ plan, and that was a big gift to young people. They turned out in large numbers, a larger share in this election even than in 2008.”

The president’s health care plan, he added, was also a useful tool in mobilizing African-American and Hispanic voters. Though Mr. Romney won the white vote with 59 percent, according to exit polls, minorities coalesced around the president in overwhelming numbers — 93 percent of blacks and 71 percent of Hispanics voted to re-elect Mr. Obama.

“You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year, being told you’re now going to get free health care, particularly if you don’t have it, getting free health care worth, what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity, I mean, this is huge,” he said. “Likewise with Hispanic voters, free health care was a big plus. But in addition with regards to Hispanic voters, the amnesty for children of illegals, the so-called Dream Act kids, was a huge plus for that voting group.”

[...]

...And on the call, Mr. Romney also echoed a theme from the campaign trail, saying that while Mr. Obama “made a big effort on small things,” his message had been about “big issues.”

“Our campaign, in contrast, was talking about big issues for the whole country — military strategy, foreign policy, a strong economy, creating jobs and so forth,” he said. “And by the way, as you’ll hear from Neil, our strategy worked well with many people, but for those who were given a specific gift, if you will, our strategy did not work terribly well.”

[...]

What free health care for people making $35k a year?
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Military Strategy and Foreign Policy? Did I miss that part of the campaign? Did they slip it in right before the infomercials at like 4 am? Were they Ohio only speeches?
    Liked Deadpool before it was cool...

Unlike those gifts like tax loopholes for the wealthy and huge tax breaks for corporations. Yeah all the free great stuff that women and minorities get is truly amazing.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

So....if I'm fitting the pieces together correctly....George didn't send his ass to France to escape the war, he sent him because he was a god damn embarrassment and was afraid that he'd die of stupidity.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Unlike those gifts like tax loopholes for the wealthy and huge tax breaks for corporations. Yeah all the free great stuff that women and minorities get is truly amazing.
    Wealthcare not Healthcare.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Link to article just posted on Yahoo: http://news.yahoo.com/top-republican...-election.html

this made me chuckle

Maine GOP Head Suspects Voter Fraud Because ‘Dozens, Dozens Of Black People’ Voted
    The head of the Republican Party in Maine thinks there might have been voter fraud in his state because “nobody in town knows anyone who’s black,” but black voters came in to vote on election day.

GOP state chairman Charlie Webster aims to find those who committed the alleged fraud fraud by sending thank you cards to voters, and seeing if they are returned to sender.

In an interview with an NBC affiliate, Webster said he was astounded by the “dozens, dozens of black people” who voted, and thought it was odd because he personally doesn’t know anyone who knows a black person in town:

In some parts of rural Maine, there were dozens, dozens of black people who came in and voted on Election Day. Everybody has a right to vote, but nobody in town knows anyone who’s black. How did that happen? I don’t know. We’re going to find out….

I’m not politically correct and maybe I shouldn’t have said these voters were black, but anyone who suggests I have a bias toward any race or group, frankly, that’s sleazy.

Watch it:

[...]

I read those comments from Romney...... Good lord. What the hell is wrong with this guy? Somebody worth $500 million is putting down poor people and minorities for being greedy moochers??? .........

Seriously, usually I feel kinda bad for losing presidential candidates, but I am so glad this fucking guy isn't our president. What a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    So....if I'm fitting the pieces together correctly....George didn't send his ass to France to escape the war, he sent him because he was a god damn embarrassment and was afraid that he'd die of stupidity.

No. Not really. Every Mormon boy-child is expected to and indoctrinated from birth to go on a church mission. They have songs to that effect that they start singing in Primary (Sunday School) as soon as they're old enough to talk.

And ultimately they have no say over where they go to do the missionary work. That is decided by the higher ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    No. Not really. Every Mormon boy-child is expected to and indoctrinated from birth to go on a church mission. They have songs to that effect that they start singing in Primary (Sunday School) as soon as they're old enough to talk.

And ultimately they have no say over where they go to do the missionary work. That is decided by the higher ups.
    My level of education has achieved a higher level.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

That's awesome. Maybe I'm something that's a codeword for racist, but anyone who calls me a racist? They suck.
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    What free health care for people making $35k a year?
    And if it's true, in what world is third of your income going to basic health needs a good thing?