Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

I want that Riddler arc bad. Between that and Red Hood Gang (and more Harper Row), the future for this book looks bright.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Riddler Arc starts in #21
    three issue epilogue after dotf with harper row and stuff
    Only story clue Snyder gave out was that Riddler believes in something called "The Divine Question"

Quote Originally Posted by vicvega View Post
    Only story clue Snyder gave out was that Riddler believes in something called "The Divine Question"
    3 issues for an epilogue? makes you wonder how this story is going to end then
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by zur en arrh View Post
    Also, those chattering teeth were summoned from the water, and they magically fly all the way up to the bridge Joker and Bruce are on, and wrap around Bruce.
    It's a comic, that kind of stuff is kind of par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by vicvega View Post
    I hope it's not 'who is batman?'

Quote Originally Posted by batman23 View Post
    3 issues for an epilogue? makes you wonder how this story is going to end then
    harper settling into her role as alfred's caretaker?
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
    nah I forgot to say that the divine question is a theory moreso than a question that Riddler believes in/

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post

harper settling into her role as alfred's caretaker?
    Nah, everyone knows the divine question is, "How many roads must a man walk down?"

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's a comic, that kind of stuff is kind of par for the course.
    About the teeth, I just reread Detective Comics #2, and Dollmaker uses magnetized wires to trap Batman in a very similar fashion that were designed by Wayne Industries. So this could be the same type of thing, although the problem is that Batman was able to demagnetize the wires to free himself.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post
    Whilst talking to Gordon in his house, Gordo spontaneously gushes blood like a juiced cactus pear, but nobody cares because apparently Gordon was too emotional in the scene and everyone knows Gordy handles all tramatic events with stone cold stoicism. . .except that time in Killing Joke when Batman finds him in the amusement park and he falls into Bat's arms and blubbers away. . . or that time when Sarah gets killed and Batman has to keep him from collapsing to the ground in a glass case of emotion. Oh wait, who was the villain in both those stories, hm, I forget.
    Emotion wasn't the problem. I don't know how many times I have to say my problem is that the characters are acting dumb, not emotional. Being emotional hasn't kept Jim from doing his job before. He apparently had time to sit around his house in the dark acting all paranoid, but never thought to have a team search his house for Joker toxin or traps or anything, after he'd known the Joker had been in his house. That's stupid.

But apparently everyone prefers a story where Joker outsmarts a bunch of idiots rather than competant, intelligent adversaries.

I imagine next you'll all be wanting Batman to go back to just fighting regular burglars instead of Super-Villains too. Fighting simple muggers is just more impressive, right? Perhaps they can even just start setting off every bank alarm and trip over each other on the way to their getaway cars. Them being complete idiots will make it just that much cooler when Batman beats them down.

Quote Originally Posted by dubbauw View Post
    About the teeth, I just reread Detective Comics #2, and Dollmaker uses magnetized wires to trap Batman in a very similar fashion that were designed by Wayne Industries. So this could be the same type of thing, although the problem is that Batman was able to demagnetize the wires to free himself.
    yes. that trap had magnetized wires. This trap was a joke, Snyder wanted to use the teeth, which are a great Joker gag, but he either didnt describe it correctly to the artist, or something. ANd trust me, that sorta thing puts readers out of the story. MUCH like the highjinks with the jet engine, lol, just terrible.
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Nah, everyone knows the divine question is, "How many roads must a man walk down?"
    We know the answer is "42" we just don't know what the question is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    yes. that trap had magnetized wires. This trap was a joke, Snyder wanted to use the teeth, which are a great Joker gag, but he either didnt describe it correctly to the artist, or something. ANd trust me, that sorta thing puts readers out of the story. MUCH like the highjinks with the jet engine, lol, just terrible.
    If they tried to explain it as somehow using magnetics to work that would take me out of the story, but as it was presented? That didn't take me out of the story in the least, it's a classic gag and it fit the Joker. The fact that there is no real world explanation doesn't bother me any more than Bruce being able to kick through trees or bust through brick walls; it's just part of the genre.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    Emotion wasn't the problem. I don't know how many times I have to say my problem is that the characters are acting dumb, not emotional. Being emotional hasn't kept Jim from doing his job before. He apparently had time to sit around his house in the dark acting all paranoid, but never thought to have a team search his house for Joker toxin or traps or anything, after he'd known the Joker had been in his house. That's stupid.

But apparently everyone prefers a story where Joker outsmarts a bunch of idiots rather than competant, intelligent adversaries.

I imagine next you'll all be wanting Batman to go back to just fighting regular burglars instead of Super-Villains too. Fighting simple muggers is just more impressive, right? Perhaps they can even just start setting off every bank alarm and trip over each other on the way to their getaway cars. Them being complete idiots will make it just that much cooler when Batman beats them down.
    and even beyond that, let's say there's a good story in there where suddenly joker is outsmarting everyone, and batman (and gordon) are stumbling into his every trap. that story would still have to be written well, without this incredibly shoddy dialogue (that no one seems to mind in this book for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by direction9 View Post
    without this incredibly shoddy dialogue (that no one seems to mind in this book for some reason).
    Personally, I don't pay much mind to dialogue quality unless it is REALLY good (Saucer Country) or REALLY bad (Samurai Cop). As such, I never notice most dialogue issues. Most of the stuff I point out in my "reviews" for dialogue section is just stuff I could comment on that stood out for no real good or bad reason.

BANNED

i'd call "it looks like no ones safe THIS time.....although i guess they never really are"
    "no.

REALLY bad.
    (paraphrased)