Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    And when he took Alfred we had evidence that he knew.
    No we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Ah, but it was Bruce Wayne who had the cassette player, not Batman

My bad, I mistyped. "It'll take ol Brucie a week to get one off ebay!! Hahahaha!"

Yeah...same here

That was my initial thought when I was reading the issue, until Batman tells Nightwing that it's a heparin-esque and I (for now) figured it to be the cigarettes (I think the clippings were laced with something else, or at least some sort of 'trigger' (as in 13 and the floor cleaner)).

Yeah, true; Re-reading it now, I do see that I missed the heparin allusion.

Agreed.

I made a similar observation earlier

Whoops; big thread :-)

Isn't Superman supposed to be showing up at some point (or is that after this arc?) Dick would need lifts and padding, too...

I haven't been reading any interviews, so no clue about Supes. However, Dick pulled off the taller Joker in Arkham just fine (isn't Joker like 6'4 or something?); I'm sure it'd be nothing to pad him out a bit
    Sorry for the funky format here, I'm on mobile. Replies in bold.

Because Batman didn't want to believe obviously he's that stubborn
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Concept Coop View Post
    I mean in general. One of the most famous and wealthy men in the city hides half his face, puts on a little body armor, and nobody can figure it out? And nobody has ever been able to follow the Batmobile back, or stumble onto one of his hidden passage ways?
    Well, yeah, I edited my post to point out also that in Batman Year One, when Jim and Sarah are brainstorming about Batman's identity, Bruce Wayne is literally the first name that Sarah mentions. I guess it's just a problem with super heroes in general: someone's bound to figure out sooner or later.

We all figured he knew, even before the arc started, I mean he knows he beat Jason to death right. And when he took Alfred we had evidence that he knew. It is why the final big "reveal" is so lame.
    Yeah, I felt the same way: I just figured that Joker has known for awhile but just kept it to himself. I hope this arc has a really big payoff.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Concept Coop View Post
    No we didn't.
    I don't see how Joker walking around inside the mansion isn't a clear indication that he knows (the most subtle scene in the book and it lasted one page). And that is leaving out the fact that he killed Jason and crippled Barbra.

I don't see how Joker walking around inside the mansion isn't a clear indication that he knows (the most subtle scene in the book and it lasted one page). And that is leaving out the fact that he killed Jason and crippled Barbra.
    Bruce has people inside the mansion all the time. Lots of people.

Thank you. Joker likes to make things personal. I don't see how kidnapping some random guy's butler is all that personal.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I find it odd that a lot of people want Batman to rely and trust his family more, then we get a monologue saying how much he relys Alfred and that he is missing the void of not having him for a briefing, and all of a sudden Batman's insecure and a wussy.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

The back-up was really good. I don't mind a ranting Joker, if there is an original punchline at the end.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tiptupjr94 View Post
    Thank you. Joker likes to make things personal. I don't see how kidnapping some random guy's butler is all that personal.
    Well, since that "random guy" publicly funds Batman, Inc., and on more than once occasion that "Random Guy"'s butler has been linked to The Batman, it kinda makes them a little less random. It was even stated in the book that Batman feels Alfred was targeted cause of his close ties with Inc.

For the record, I feel Joker and Gordon always know Bruce is Batman and just play dumb, but it's not as cut and dry as you're making it out to be.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 11-16-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Wait, are people arguing that Joker doesn't know Bruce is Batman?

Joker saw him without his mask on.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I like the motorcycle scene for the exact reason people dislike it. I feel it shows that Batman DOES need his family, although he's always playing cold to them, deep down inside he cares very deeply. Batman's allowed to be scared and have a lil doubt in his mind (well, at least in my mind he does). Same thing with the Bruce and Dick convo. We already know he's feeling Alfred's loss, but he's still using code words for Alfred. It shows that he feels he always needs to unrattled, even when we know things can get to him. Also, although he doesn't seem to include the Fam in his business lately, he obviously trusts Dick enough to tell him the situation. Something I don't think he would have done if he disliked Grayson as much as people think he does.
    My preference is just not a Batman that's this emotionally stunted. Like ForeverYoung stated, this is a far cry from The Goddamn Batman (not that that's my favorite portrayal either. They're both extremes.)

Of course Batman would be scared and doubtful, but here he's kind of waffling and useless. He's completely off his guard, walking into traps; and generally providing ample evidence that his allies are, in fact, a weakness, if the thought of harm coming to them gets Bruce this far off his game.

And refering to Alfred as "Bruce Wayne's butler" or "Pennyworth" just didn't ring true, regardless of the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Joker saw him without his mask on.
    ...and when was that?
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by batman23 View Post
    ...and when was that?
    At the end of Batman RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I find it odd that a lot of people want Batman to rely and trust his family more, then we get a monologue saying how much he relys Alfred and that he is missing the void of not having him for a briefing, and all of a sudden Batman's insecure and a wussy.
    My only issue with it is that Batman will usually have a task for Alfred. Call this ally, call that one, look this up for me, I've sent you something to analyze, etc. I liked the point Snyder tried to make; it's just the way it's worded, it seems like Batman wouldn't be able to do anything without a supportive pep talk from Alfred.