Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Awesome preview,for once I cant complain.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    I am at about 75-80% certain that Alfred will survive this story. He probably ain't gonna be going out dancing any time soon, but he'll live to fight/butler another day.

Yep--he died and some scientist dude used his body and some Science to make him into a zombie-like monster called the Outsider, but Batman was able to figure out what Science the scientist was using and Scienced Alfred back to his old, alive self.
    I've said this on another thread. If DC really wanted to shake things up and make this arc the most talked about for years to come, Alfred has to at least be in a torture-induced coma for a number of years to really make this arc more than just filler.
    Pull List: Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn, Batwoman, anything with Lobo, Wolverine, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-men, Anything with Sabretooth, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    At this point in time it is gut-wrenching worrying about what happened to Alfred.
    Same here.

I like how Snyder builds up the Joker's boogy man persona by having Batman's inner thoughts relating that no one should have been able to survive the chemical dip he took. It really does make the Joker seem like a force of nature, and that just heightens the effectiveness of his scare factor. Scary, scary dude.

Why can't next Wednesday come any sooner!!?!?!?!?!??!!
    - Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Awesome preview,for once I cant complain.
    I can - I want that next page!!

(and if it cuts away to something else (Alfred in Joker's clutches) then I want the page that shows us what's made Bruce say 'No...').

...it's times like this when I end up being like Verruca Salt...and I'm usually so patient...

(If I get attacked by squirrels (which shouldn't be possible as there are no squirrels here...so maybe iguanas...or the hundreds of chickens running around...) I blame Snyder and Capullo... )

I don't think they will have killed off Alfred myself but it is likely that Joker has taken him out of the picture in some way so that the others have lost their medic among other things.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Two things bug me about that preview : I don't understand anything from Harley's speech at the beginning, and how exactly did Batman figure out that the Joker was going specifically after his allies.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Heroes come back all the time. How many times has someone like Alfred, Commissioner Gordon or Perry White or Jimmy Olsen been killed and brought back?
    Gwen Stacy in the Ultimate Universe could probably count. No powers, not a hero, just a friend of the main character and the surrogate daughter of his mother figure. Killed, resurrected a few years later, brought back completely into the supporting cast two years after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yoyo View Post
    Two things bug me about that preview : I don't understand anything from Harley's speech at the beginning, and how exactly did Batman figure out that the Joker was going specifically after his allies.
    Joker mentioned he would go after Batman's allies in the last issue in order to "save him".

What really makes this preview scary for me is that of all the comic villains out there, Joker has been the one who can do permanent damage to a hero or franchise. Barbara was a pretty big deal as Batgirl, then Joker shot her. Jason was the Robin of his time, heavily featured in bat books. Then Joker beat him with a crowbar and blew him up. Just because a character has their own book or is in several other books, doesn't mean they're safe with Joker around. That's what makes him my favorite villain. When he's out there, no one is truly safe. Doesn't matter how many books they appear in. Though really, if this story is going to have the impact it's building up to and be an epic Joker story, something terrible has to happen. Otherwise you risk it feeling like a copout or all hype and no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Joker mentioned he would go after Batman's allies in the last issue in order to "save him".
    I thought Harley did that...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yoyo View Post
    I don't understand anything from Harley's speech at the beginning
    Following on from issue 13, Harley is aware of Joker's 'change' in his personality and approach to the 'game'. She's aware of it, and afraid of it. She also knows that the chemical bath she's about to subject Batman to is the same as the one that 'made' the Joker, so she's hoping that, when all is said and done in that chemical bath, Batman will become the Joker (or, rather, the Joker she loves), and all will be 'right' again.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    I thought Harley did that...
    Actually that was just a prerecorded message or audio loop of the Joker that was put into the helmet. She was acting out the part and making it seem like the Joker was there.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    Though really, if this story is going to have the impact it's building up to and be an epic Joker story, something terrible has to happen. Otherwise you risk it feeling like a copout or all hype and no substance.
    I find it better to just ignore all the hype and just concentrate on the story itself. Save me the trouble of feeling like something is a cop out because it didn't quite measure up to the image of it I had in my head that was rooted in all the hype. I've pretty much stopped reading article and writer interviews for that reason.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Actually that was just a prerecorded message or audio loop of the Joker that was put into the helmet. She was acting out the part and making it seem like the Joker was there.
    Oh yeah...

Thanks for the reminder - I can now recall the panel where she took the helmet off and the 'speech' was still playing.

Cheers