Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    I'll give it a shot, if only to support the idea of an all-female Marvel team, but I'm not a huge fan of any of these characters except for Dani Moonstar.

and I don't really understand the logic behind Marvel thinking an all-female book with THIS line-up will sell better than Marjorie Liu's Lady Liberators pitch with Black Widow, Elektra, Mystique, and X-23 lol.
    well, I can't speak for anyone else,but i wouldn't be interested in a lineup like that.

I'm on board for at least the first two issues. Dani Moonstar, Valkyrie, and Misty Knight? I can dig it

Protector of Mortals Vic's Aegis's Avatar

I thoroughly enjoyed Fearless and hoped a new ongoing series would develop from it, so I am all in on this series! I love Valkryie, not a fan of Misty, however, I have enjoyed what Cullen Bunn has written so far, and this series has me excited for some great action, adventure and characterization. Hopefully this series will have a little more global set to it and not "lets fight the bad guy of the week".

I don't mind that this is going to start with the building of the team. It'll lay the foundation for better stories and more of a connection to the characters rather than just jumping into action.

I'm excited for this series! Can't wait for February for this one!!
    What we do in life echoes an Eternity.

Really excited about this new series. Glad that Moonstar will have a home in NOW and interested in who else will become a member of the team. Hoping a long life for the title.
    Please check out the links for my new series People you Know.

www.facebook.com/peopleyouknow

www.peopleyouknow.tv

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post

Cullen Bunn

... Is any of his stuff any good? I've actually never read any of it despite the fact that I believe he's everywhere at marvel nowadays.
    His 'Captain America And...' books have been surprisingly good. The current story with Black Widow is a cool melding of Brubaker-style espionage with a crazy parallel universes plot, and with some excellent dialogue.
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

I kinda wish they had just called this 'Fearless'; a unique title for a new concept, instead of trying to piggyback on a legacy.
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

Anyone doubting Bunn's abilities should go read SIXTH GUN or THE DAMNED from Oni. Fantastic books.
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    Well, I hope Defenders isn't just a ploy to get the Defenders fans. I hope Hellcat, Moondragon, Clea and Defenders villains will show up.
    Bring in some of the Defender women and I'll consider it. But I won't add it to my pull list without Clea.

(And I'm a little worried she won't be in since technically she's not from Earth)

Do you suppose this is what Axel meant when he said we'd be seeing the Defenders again?
    Last edited by chariset; 11-08-2012 at 12:21 PM.

I've loved Bunn's work with Cap and..... but hated his series of Venom because of his complete miss-use and apparent disconnect with the character of Hellstrom, despite his apparent fondness for the character.

Ehhhh, I'm not that interested in either of the core two on the cover (although I did love Misty and Paladin running HFH), so me trying this will all depend what week it comes out and what else is on the list for that week.
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Homosexual Propagandist Supernature's Avatar

Omg yes please !

Hmmmm....This could be good. Though books with Misty Knight as a lead don't tend to last very long these days.
    ELEKTRA*LADY MASTERMIND*DAREDEVIL*ARIEL

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I kinda wish they had just called this 'Fearless'; a unique title for a new concept, instead of trying to piggyback on a legacy.
    I imagine they'd like the book to last for more than eight issues.
    Besides, a quirky team lead by Valkyrie is pretty Defenders-like.

Retired

I was always curious about this, but the inclusion of Dani means it definitely makes its way into my collection.

Wish list:
    - The Morrigan (Banshee/Siryn)
    - Black Cat
    - Crystal
    - Danger
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    I'm betting Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) & She-Hulk (the green one)
    Mark my words
    Monica is a good bet, but I think Jen is kind of exclusive to FF.

Sounds like fun, but I'm not sure about this writer. I've heard a lot of meh in towards Cullen's work in the past. I'll give the first issue a shot, but if it doesn't deliever, then goodbye.