View Poll Results: Is Amazing Apider-man #700 going to be your Jumping off point?

Voters
235. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

71 30.21%
  • No

95 40.43%
  • I'll play it by ear Depending on how Superior Spider-man is

69 29.36%
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I don't Know. If Peter Parker is no longer Spider-Man, chances are I'll stop collecting the print book, although I may continue to read it digitally. I'll have to wait and see, somtimes the truth they tell is not always the truth you expect.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

I had thought that that was why Marvel created the Ultimate line to re-boot their characters. I never bought any issues even though it was still Peter Parker because I never considered it canon, now however it seems I don't have a choice so issue 700 will be my last. I did read Spider-girl and was quite happy if this was to be the future of the Parker's, but with all the brand new ideas floating about this storyline is now defunct. I want to be amazed by Spider-man but if he is made superior then he loses his human weaknesses.

If the new Spider-Man ends up being Alpha, or Ock in Peter's body, then I'm out. Not even going to give the story a chance. Those ideas hold no appeal to me.

If it's Phil Urich, it will have to be the greatest Spider-Man story ever to get me to stick around.

Other than those unlikely events, I'm interested. Miguel O Hara, Ben Reilly, pretty much anyone else and I'll give it a try. My preference is for it to be Peter with a new identity, depowered or with more spidery powers.

Because Slott is still writing and the art team on the book have always been some of my favorites I myself cannot wait until the new series.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

I will probably keep reading after 700, at least long enough to decide if I like the direction. If Peter is gone for good, I doubt that I'll even consider the new Spider-Man the same character. It will just be another title like Scarlet Spider or Venom to me. I like both of those, but there is no emotional investment for me in either. I can't see myself just quitting unless I get royally pissed by the upcoming events and lose interest in comics altogether.
    I don't think Stan Lee having a page devoted in the issue is a good sign, however. It sounds to me like he may be giving his blessing to the end of his creation.

Of course not.

Honestly, if you voted 'no' I find that very narrow-minded. The book is 2 months away from coming out, we know next to noting about, and NOBODY has read it thus far and you're preemptively ruling it out?

Anytime something pisses off a bunch of narrow-minded fanboys, I am all for it.

No, not at all. I'll be reading Superior Spidey for sure.

I'm still holding out hope that a) Slott is lying or b) a different morality or ideal Peter. If not, then I am NOT picking up this book in trade. I really pray that the Ultimate and 616 Universes realize their mistake and rectify it.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Probably not. I trust Slott.

But I would imagine that for many readers the answer depends heavily on what happens in Amazing Spider-Man #700.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

I have been reading Amazing Spider-Man since issue #225, and i am really sad its ending. I will give the new book a chance, but it will just not be the same.

The last time I jumped off was the Clone Saga, and nothing that ridiculous or expensive to follow can ever happen again.
    "No law against running around in colorful long johns is there? I mean if there was, they'd have thrown you in jail years ago! See you around, Petey-o!" - Harry Osborn

Gonna keep not reading until Slott's replaced.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Curiosity about why everyone on the covers such as Daredevil & Wolverine & the X-Men seem accepting of this superior spider-man will keep me reading. The title change from amazing to superior also makes me wonder what Marvel has planned for the next year of spider-man stories.
    Last edited by HapersRow; 11-08-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Nope, I'm not jumping off. I trust Slott to deliver the goods. Plus, even if I think the new stories suck, I'll keep buying them because I buy everything Spidey. I'm in it for the long-haul.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Well any given issue of any book can be a jumping off point for me. A new direction that I really dislike is enough to make me drop a book and try something else.

So if 700 is exciting and well done I'll be back for more! If it's a wet firecracker sure I might leave.

I'm hoping for the best, and if Superior is telling a good story then I'm definitely down.
    Life looks better in black and white.