View Poll Results: Is Amazing Apider-man #700 going to be your Jumping off point?

Voters
235. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

71 30.21%
  • No

95 40.43%
  • I'll play it by ear Depending on how Superior Spider-man is

69 29.36%
Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

I might read an issue or two of Superior, but since Marvel Now began, I've dropped half of my pull list (which used to be all Marvel) in favor of the Distinguished Competition.
    I had a letter printed once in Amazing Spider-Man #604!

Before Marvel NOW!, my pull list was 14 Marvel books. Now, it's more like 5 Marvel, 7 DC, and a few indies.

Twitter: @RRiddell3

That's my reasoning too. Ever since the New 52 I've started to read some DC, and they almost won me over completely for a while. There are still some Marvel books I follow, though, and some DC stuff that I've lost interest in. But Spider-Man is on the fence for me right now. But if course it's hard, since Spidey was my first super hero comic and since I've identified with Peter Parker so much along the years. Not so much when he became an Avenger, unmasked, got hus eye ripped out etc.

I'll wait and see how I feel once I've read 700 but I do expect to give Superior Spider-Man a go for at least the first story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    That's my reasoning too. Ever since the New 52 I've started to read some DC, and they almost won me over completely for a while. There are still some Marvel books I follow, though, and some DC stuff that I've lost interest in. But Spider-Man is on the fence for me right now. But if course it's hard, since Spidey was my first super hero comic and since I've identified with Peter Parker so much along the years. Not so much when he became an Avenger, unmasked, got hus eye ripped out etc.
    I know exactly what you mean. I've loved the Slott run thus far, though, and I want to give Superior a chance since I've been reading for 20 years. If I made it through the Clone Saga and the JMS run, maybe I can make it through this--assuming it ends up being something awful. With it being Slott, maybe I'll still enjoy it.

Wolverine and the X-Men is the only other Marvel book I'm 100% into right now, although I've loved Scarlet Spider and Venom thus far. Part of me feels like Marvel Now is a temporary thing, like Dark Reign was. So many of the premises just don't feel like something meant for the long term. For example, the time stream HAS to be altered as soon as the classic X-Men from Bendis' All New X-Men return to their own time period, and then what? That's the magic door out of one of the biggest status quo changes (Cyclops as the new Magneto) that came out of AvX, you know? If Doc Ock switches his brain into Pete's body, there's no way that ends up being permanent.
    I had a letter printed once in Amazing Spider-Man #604!

Before Marvel NOW!, my pull list was 14 Marvel books. Now, it's more like 5 Marvel, 7 DC, and a few indies.

Twitter: @RRiddell3

I own every issue of every 616 Spider-Man ongoing that stars Peter Parker as Spider-Man. After going through the Clone Saga, OMD/BND, and now this... I think I'm finally done. When the marriage went away that was almost enough, but this is enough. Maybe someday when Marvel gets some new higher ups that don't feel the need to impose their will so much I'll come back.
    HeroUp.com Squad: Teal Spider Mime
    Signature Hero: Spider-Man
    Squad Level: 640+

My Comic Collection

I think I will finish out ASM, then wait for Superior Spidey to be put into a collected edition. Earlier in the thread I said I was on board for Superior, but now, I think I'd like to see the reviews and get reactions first before buying.
    Superior Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team Up

I'm jumping on at #698 tomorrow, and plan on getting SSM.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

I am more than likely out. Unless something changes in 700.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAltarOfMyEgo View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. I've loved the Slott run thus far, though, and I want to give Superior a chance since I've been reading for 20 years. If I made it through the Clone Saga and the JMS run, maybe I can make it through this--assuming it ends up being something awful. With it being Slott, maybe I'll still enjoy it.

Wolverine and the X-Men is the only other Marvel book I'm 100% into right now, although I've loved Scarlet Spider and Venom thus far. Part of me feels like Marvel Now is a temporary thing, like Dark Reign was. So many of the premises just don't feel like something meant for the long term. For example, the time stream HAS to be altered as soon as the classic X-Men from Bendis' All New X-Men return to their own time period, and then what? That's the magic door out of one of the biggest status quo changes (Cyclops as the new Magneto) that came out of AvX, you know? If Doc Ock switches his brain into Pete's body, there's no way that ends up being permanent.
    I think you're right. The premises couldn't possibly last so long, but they said the creators are in for the long term. That might be a good thing, if they manage to keep it. But from what I understand, the younger X-Men are supposed to stick around for a while, wonder how they are going to explain that.

For me Slott has been pretty uneven. Some stuff I've loved, some not so much. So the argument to stick around is more that it's Spidey than it's Slott. If you know what I mean. :-)

I'll wait for the them to relaunch amazing spider-man like they are doing with uncanny x-men.

Well I'm gonna start reading with 700 just to see what the buzz is about.If I like it I keep reading,simple as that.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    But from what I understand, the younger X-Men are supposed to stick around for a while, wonder how they are going to explain that.
    I wouldn't underestimate Bendis' ability to stretch out a single arc premise into a ten year storyline.

The first year will be nothing but the younger X-Men learning about iPads and listening to "Call Me Maybe."
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I wouldn't underestimate Bendis' ability to stretch out a single arc premise into a ten year storyline.

The first year will be nothing but the younger X-Men learning about iPads and listening to "Call Me Maybe."
    Haha, you have a very good point there! :-D

Default Get off your high horses

Ok so I getting tired of all of you that say your dropping spiderman after #700, but uterus something has made you keep going until then, just because its not Peter I the suit doesn't mean the story is going to suck, tons of heroes have been replaced before, Cap, Batman, Iron Man, even side kicks I mean shit there has been 4 dfferent Robins, so before you keep bitching saying its going to suck before you even read it give it a few issues then judge, I have faith in Slott cause he hasn't given me one bad Spiderman story yet

1: how is not reading after 700 sitting on a high horse? Who's the ones sitting on high horses, really?

2: it might not suck at all. But it might not be for every one either. I have said that I'll give 700 a chance to convince me to read on, but if what Wacker sats is true, that Peter is gone permanently (don't buy that last bit), then I'm gone too. It might be good, but that doesn't have to mean everybody will love it and spend 8 bucks a month on it. I'll see.