View Poll Results: Is Amazing Apider-man #700 going to be your Jumping off point?

Voters
235. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

71 30.21%
  • No

95 40.43%
  • I'll play it by ear Depending on how Superior Spider-man is

69 29.36%
Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

About this whole new title deal in fact for me the main question is simply : what's the point ? I mean, is Amazing really doing that bad right now that drastic changes are needed ?

Seems to me that things are fine, the title is in great shape in all. Doesn't the good ol' saying "if it isn't broke don't fix it" mean anything anymore ?

Maybe the new thing is going to be great, don't know, but that's a weird move.

It is, isn't it? I wholeheartidly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    About this whole new title deal in fact for me the main question is simply : what's the point ? I mean, is Amazing really doing that bad right now that drastic changes are needed ?

Seems to me that things are fine, the title is in great shape in all. Doesn't the good ol' saying "if it isn't broke don't fix it" mean anything anymore ?

Agreed. Dan Slott's a freaking sorceror, his work with Amazing has been killer. I'm not totally sold on a new guy behind the mask but the preview art for Superior # 1 looks awesome as I'll get out. I'm on board for the art alone at this point. No worries, no spoilers in the preview, check it out.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=68618

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post

It's the same writer and rotating artists right? Same characters and a continuation of the story wrapping up Amazing, It's being revamped/renumbered because of Marvel Now. Is the fact that it's called something else such a huge deal to people? I really don't get that...What's the BFD?
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    It's the same writer and rotating artists right? Same characters and a continuation of the story wrapping up Amazing, It's being revamped/renumbered because of Marvel Now. Is the fact that it's called something else such a huge deal to people? I really don't get that...What's the BFD?
    I think it's more the move to a different character that has people on the fence, not so much the name change. I'll admit, I'm not super stoked on drastic changes like Pete no longer being Spider-Man (temporary or not), but Dan's earned enough good will with me that I'm sticking around to see how things go despite how I don't like the new direction. From what I've heard, alot of people are pissed with what's in 698 so that's understandable. I don't think the name or renumbering has anything to do with it, you don't a bunch of wild debate about the new Hulk book.

Anyways, should be fun to pick it up and read. All of the speculation and debate I think is just making me that much more interested.

Daredevil was renumbered and has tons of crap dropped on him. Loving every page. The New Hulk might be interesting. But they are starring the people we care about. If someone is tired of Peter Parker, then how much of a Spider-Man fan is that person? And if this is temporary, will we get like 12-24 issues of Superior and then a new doublesized 8 buck Amazing #1?

Agreed there. Daredevil has been a fantastic read and I was never all that fond of the character. I almost guarantee that Superior will revert back to Amazing Spider-Man in time for an issue like 750 or 800. I hated when Marvel flip flopped Captain America back and forth or pretty much any other character lately. Changing the numbering is dumb as hell.

I' ve always been a huge fan of Daredevil, so I guess that's where we differ. And when Cap, Spidey (when Ben Reilly was under the mask) and Batman (with Dick) was replaced then it made some sense. The jury is still out on whether this Superior Spider-Man will make sense and be something worth following.

I don't know why my post was deleted O-o
    maybe i just forgot to send it

I'm gonna jump off after 700 if what is happening doesn't change

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    No, you misunderstand. Sh*t as in bad things happening to Peter? Of course that's your job and it's part of the story. Sh*t as in the Other or Sins Past? Just bad, useless stories. I neither hope or think #698-700 will be that bad, but I do fear it's change just for shock value, rather than trying to tell the best possible Spider-Man story. Maybe my patience is thin after the above mentioned stories, but at least I have promised to give the next issue a chance.
    Bad stories have always happened. That's nothing new. I am also against bad stories.

But it's not as if writers Andy artists set out to tell bad stories. Sometimes stuff doesn't work out. Readers complained about Stan and Steve stories they hated too and the world still spun.

And "change just for shock value" is the cornerstone of Marvel Comics. We invented it. And it's Dan's mission statement. It's why he's so good.

SW

Hmm, so my "Deadpool is going to replace Spider-man" theory is true then ?!! Big shock value !!

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

seriously guys. It doesnt matter if you use spoil tags or not, NO SPOILERS FROM COMICS THAT ARENT OUT YET. If youve read 698 or know the spoiler.... keep it to yourself till tomorrow at 10am EST. Alternatively, take it to PM and discuss it to your heart is content.

I'm gonna see if I like 'Inferior' er.. I mean 'Superior', ;)

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Bad stories have always happened. That's nothing new. I am also against bad stories.

But it's not as if writers Andy artists set out to tell bad stories. Sometimes stuff doesn't work out. Readers complained about Stan and Steve stories they hated too and the world still spun.

And "change just for shock value" is the cornerstone of Marvel Comics. We invented it. And it's Dan's mission statement. It's why he's so good.

SW
    I think you're simplifying a bit. Of course nobody wants to make bad stories, but what I think connects the above mentioned stories is a feeling that the writer might have felt "bigger than the character" in a way. The Other or a unmasked Avenger Spider-Man is so far from the core of the Spider-Man character/comic that I wonder if whoever wrote that really wanted to write Spider-Man? That doesn't seem to be the case with Mr.Slott at all, from what I gather he loves Spider-Man. But all those bad examples have kind of tried my patience. When it's a GOOD story that fits the character and makes sence? That's something else entirely. But I do feel Spider-Man seems to be a character you at Marvel have a hard time making up what to do with?

But how will you know if it's a bad story unless the fans are vocal about it? Did you know that OMD was a bad story before it was released?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post

SW