View Poll Results: Is Amazing Apider-man #700 going to be your Jumping off point?

Voters
235. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

    71 30.21%
  • No

    95 40.43%
  • I'll play it by ear Depending on how Superior Spider-man is

    69 29.36%
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 717
  1. #286
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Because I read the post too fast I guess. Sorry. ;-)

  2. #287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    2nd..its embarassing to even post here when people are talking about whether Peter Parker had sex with a girl. Sex is a normal part of the private life of any adult in a romantic relationship. It's not in any way a part of being a superhero. The Amazing Spider-Man is a comic about the things in Peter's life that have to do with being a super hero. You dont need Dan Slott to tell you Whether or not Peter is taking regular bathroom breaks, do you? Are you worried that he hasnt gone sonce he was 15?
    The only reason I brought up the sex issue is because scenes that imply sex would be impossible with a married Spider-Man without drastically altering the story. Suddenly what is ok in one context would be clear cheating in another context.

    And no, Dan Slott does not need to tell me about Peter's potty breaks. We all know that heroes poop and pee on a regular basis. Now its my personal opinion that villains like Norman and probably Electro and Doc Ock as well wear depends. Not Mysterio, though, I think he poops whenever he wants but makes it look like flowers.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-16-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

  3. #288
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The only reason I brought up the sex issue is because scenes that imply sex would be impossible with a married Spider-Man without drastically altering the story. Suddenly what is ok in one context would be clear cheating in another context.
    Bingo. And we know Black Cat and Carlie both have those scenes in the book and they cant be done with a married peter.

  4. #289
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Bingo. And we know Black Cat and Carlie both have those scenes in the book and they cant be done with a married peter.
    Wait, when did Carlie and Felicia hook up?
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  5. #290
    Fabulous GreenComixEnvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    2,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Wait, when did Carlie and Felicia hook up?
    In my dreams.

  6. #291

    Default

    Of course, its arguable whether those scenes really add to the story. For the record, not complaining, but I can be honest and know when something is interesting just because "hey, boobs! butts!"
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

  7. #292
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Of course, its arguable whether those scenes really add to the story or could be left out without anyone noticing a difference. I mean, Black Cat masked sex is titillating, but does it really serve a story function?
    one could argue that, but it doesnt matter in the scope of whether a story can happen with a married peter or not. If I have to remove those masked sex scenes.... then im changing the story. If im changing it, then it cant be done as is with a married peter.

  8. #293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    Guys, help me out here. I'm confused about something.

    IF you're one of the guys here who SAYS you're not reading the book...

    and you ALSO say that #700 is going to be your "jumping off point"...

    What does THAT mean?

    Does it mean that you're going to jump off and no longer come to message boards and complain about a book that you say you're NOT reading? ;-)
    I'm not going to buy the book but im going to lurk here like i always have
    Last edited by Tori Pagac; 11-16-2012 at 10:42 AM.

  9. #294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    Jumping off point? I dont get this. If you already know you're dropping it why not just drop it? It's the same writer. If you dont like where the story is going, why are you reading it now? You already know you reject the events caused by #700, but you're planning to buy and read #700? Sorry, but everyone knows that people saying 700 is their "jumping off point" are full of it
    i've already told my shop to sstop my order after 700 i would have dropped it already but i do want to see the end of peters story make sense?

  10. #295
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Pagac View Post
    i've already told my shop to sstop my order after 700 i would have dropped it already but i do want to see the end of peters story make sense?
    not really. What if Peter's story continues on in Superior? What if the change is temporary?

  11. #296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    one could argue that, but it doesnt matter in the scope of whether a story can happen with a married peter or not. If I have to remove those masked sex scenes.... then im changing the story. If im changing it, then it cant be done as is with a married peter.
    We might not even have had a Carlie if the writers had no reason to develop a new romantic interest for Peter. I'm no professional writer, but context matters and stories rely on a particular premise. Hard to swallow the OMD-altered 20 years as a minor change, for that reason.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

  12. #297
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    We might not even have had a Carlie if the writers had no reason to develop a new romantic interest for Peter. I'm no professional writer, but context matters and stories rely on a particular premise. Hard to swallow the OMD-altered 20 years as a minor change, for that reason.
    See thats what gets me, many who say those stories could be told with minor tweaks for a married peter refuse to accept that premise for OMD. (that being that the stories all happened the same with a now unmarried peter that just lived with mj in a fully committed relationship)

  13. #298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    We might not even have had a Carlie if the writers had no reason to develop a new romantic interest for Peter. I'm no professional writer, but context matters and stories rely on a particular premise. Hard to swallow the OMD-altered 20 years as a minor change, for that reason.
    Plus it's evident that she was only created when JQ realised he wasn't getting his Gwen fix in BND thanks to the writers request not to have her back.

  14. #299
    Veteran Member Leocomix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    In real life, no. To people who read the Spidey comics for anything up to 20-30 years and grew up with the Peter/MJ marriage or felt that Aunt May as a character had one last chance to pass on with any retcon garbage and who thought that OMD was one big slap in the face designed to throw them away in lieu of younger readers... yes.

    It is done. But we're not all going to get the hell over it until something changes back.
    Good. I think people who wallow in their own self-created grief should get as much grief as they like.

  15. #300
    Veteran Member Leocomix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    I'm not going to take your word on what Stan Lee said.

    If Stan Lee was still in charge of Marvel OMD would've never been done to begin and the proof of that is that they remain married in his newspaper comic.

    All the stories you have done could've easily been done with the marriage intact and if they couldn't then perhaps you are not as good of a writer as you think you are.

    If you can only do stories of a single Peter Parker then you are limited as a writer.
    FYI Stan Lee isn't the writer of the comic strip. Someone else (very well known in comics) does it for him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •