View Poll Results: Is Amazing Apider-man #700 going to be your Jumping off point?

Voters
235. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

71 30.21%
  • No

95 40.43%
  • I'll play it by ear Depending on how Superior Spider-man is

69 29.36%
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Did Peter and Carlie have sex?
    just looked: ASM #660.... Carlie shows him the tattoo. he gets on top of her and we go to outside where we hear the light turn off. end story. (part 3... now at the beginning of this arc they were gonna try and it didnt work out.)

1st of all.. Who brought up OMD.. If anyone was gonna drop asm because of OMD they wouldnt wait for #700.

2nd..its embarassing to even post here when people are talking about whether Peter Parker had sex with a girl. Sex is a normal part of the private life of any adult in a romantic relationship. It's not in any way a part of being a superhero. The Amazing Spider-Man is a comic about the things in Peter's life that have to do with being a super hero. You dont need Dan Slott to tell you Whether or not Peter is taking regular bathroom breaks, do you? Are you worried that he hasnt gone sonce he was 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    1st of all.. Who brought up OMD.. If anyone was gonna drop asm because of OMD they wouldnt wait for #700.

2nd..its embarassing to even post here when people are talking about whether Peter Parker had sex with a girl. Sex is a normal part of the private life of any adult in a romantic relationship. It's not in any way a part of being a superhero. The Amazing Spider-Man is a comic about the things in Peter's life that have to do with being a super hero. You dont need Dan Slott to tell you Whether or not Peter is taking regular bathroom breaks, do you? Are you worried that he hasnt gone sonce he was 15?
    I feel pretty confident he's gone in the suit. More than once.

Question: Has it been made clear that we'll know who the new Spidey will be by the conclusion of #700? Or will it still be a mystery?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    In real life, no. To people who read the Spidey comics for anything up to 20-30 years and grew up with the Peter/MJ marriage or felt that Aunt May as a character had one last chance to pass on with any retcon garbage and who thought that OMD was one big slap in the face designed to throw them away in lieu of younger readers... yes.

It is done. But we're not all going to get the hell over it until something changes back.
    This is nonsense. We get letters every day from readers who have been reading the book for for decades and who a still digging the book. There was no mass exodus of long time readers. It's in your dreams.

SW

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    This is nonsense. We get letters every day from readers who have been reading the book for for decades and who a still digging the book. There was no mass exodus of long time readers. It's in your dreams.

SW
    Wacker, I never said that everyone thinks the way I do. I never said Brand New Day and Big Time is total garbage. And I never put a firm number on how many have left the book. I'm sure there was a sizable number of people who did drop the book after OMD but who in the wake of the thre times a month format wouldn't be missed, since they'd get replaced by the multiple monthly titles and new readers with #545. The issue I'm trying to make is that there is a group of people who hated that story and their full enjoyment of Spidey related stuff has been affected since. I'm not saying it's a huge majority, I'm saying that it does still exist after five years and the way some people try to pretend it doesn't and 'move on' is stupid.

If by definition we're going that the opinion of 'whiney internet posters' doesn't matter because they're just a 'vocal minority', I can just as easily say that of the Letter Page in the Comic. I'm delighted that they're writing in and saying that they're loving the book but I'm sure only a tiny number of people actually bother to, just as a (probably slightly larger) number post their opinions online, positive or negative. There's probably a good number of people who don't do either, each with their own take on matters.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyShady View Post
    Question: Has it been made clear that we'll know who the new Spidey will be by the conclusion of #700? Or will it still be a mystery?
    I was wondering that too

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    I was wondering that too
    Me too. I suspect that is one tidbit that we will have to wait and see about.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

My official jumping on point for getting back into the comics was #556. I read some back in my early teens, but never had the money to continue to read. Got back into it around the time Iron Man came out. Spidey was always my favorite so I started to read him some more. I have loved the stories so far. Went and read some back issues. Best story arc I've ever read was Back in Black. That was a dark and vengeful Spider-Man. That fight with Kingpin was the best. I really hope that Aunt May is killed by Doc Ock and that gives Peter a sense of vengeance similar to Batman when he lost his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post

SW
    I think it might even have been the opposite way? I've been reading Spidey for a long time, and I was overjoyed with the back to basics approach with Brand New Day. Especially that Pete had a secret identity again! So it's a shame that this is potentially thrown away with a new person under the mask.

Guys, help me out here. I'm confused about something.

IF you're one of the guys here who SAYS you're not reading the book...

and you ALSO say that #700 is going to be your "jumping off point"...

What does THAT mean?

Does it mean that you're going to jump off and no longer come to message boards and complain about a book that you say you're NOT reading? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    I think it might even have been the opposite way? I've been reading Spidey for a long time, and I was overjoyed with the back to basics approach with Brand New Day. Especially that Pete had a secret identity again! So it's a shame that this is potentially thrown away with a new person under the mask.
    I really don't think anything is being "thrown away" here; this is just another chapter in the 50-year history for the character. Seems like someone else will temporarily take on the mantle of the spider before Peter's return, likely withiin a year or so. That's it----this is comic books and shake-ups like this occur every few years. I too agree that the post-BND era has been one of the very best in the character's history but let's not react like this is a complete reversal/dismissal of all that was great these past 5 years. Slott is still the writer and that should fill you with positive anticipation!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post

What does THAT mean?

Does it mean that you're going to jump off and no longer come to message boards and complain about a book that you say you're NOT reading? ;-)
    We can only hope.....
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post

What does THAT mean?

I'm a loyal reader and I'm thinking about dropping it. You were one of the reasons I actually did read the book regularly again (JMS later stuff turned me away from the book a while), but judging from all I' ve read about #700 and Superior (admittedly not much) is seriously making me consider dropping it. Danger Zone was probably my last story. But maybe your question wasn't directed at people like me?

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    I'm a loyal reader and I'm thinking about dropping it. You were one of the reasons I actually did read the book regularly again (JMS later stuff turned me away from the book a while), but judging from all I' ve read about #700 and Superior (admittedly not much) is seriously making me consider dropping it. Danger Zone was probably my last story. But maybe your question wasn't directed at people like me?
    His quote wasn't directed at you at all. He specifically said it was for people who said they were NOT reading the book.....you said you're a loyal reader. Why would you think it was directed at you?
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008