View Poll Results: Is Amazing Apider-man #700 going to be your Jumping off point?

Voters
235. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

71 30.21%
  • No

95 40.43%
  • I'll play it by ear Depending on how Superior Spider-man is

69 29.36%
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

For me depending on how 700 goes it will be a true starting point for me because i only started buying spider-man on issue # 692. if the superior Spider-man's still peter i will definitely get, if not i'll wait for reviews, and then i might get it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    Heh, that's a valid point. I would hope and assume that you and the ASM crew likes Spider-Man as a character and wants to have happy readers. That almost goes without saying. But you know what? It's nice to read that, not just "I will go into hiding after #700" or "the internet will break into half" kinda hype talk. To me the character is bitter than the writer or artist, but you have at least made me consider checking out #698-700.
    Stan once advised advised me (and I'm paraphrasing) to not be afraid to put the characters through hell. If you've done your job, the readers will be mad...and love every second.

Slott has delivered on that front. There's no going back from this one.

SW

I think every Spidey reader appreciates a "put Pete through hell" story every once in a while. But it's something else entirely if Pete's not Spider-Man anymore. As I said, I believe you are a doing a great job, and you seem like a bright fellow. I just hope I'll want to continue reading Spidey. Otherwise I'll at least have DD and Hawkeye, so that'll keep me in touch with some Marvel at least.

Its a sales trick, they want to expand Spiderman more, if this serie is going well. They will continue it as Superior spiderman.

And launch an other title called The Amazing Spiderman.

lLthough thas what i think.

If it doesn't worjk out they can revert it back to Peter Parker and continue.
    But it is a chance to expand the Spiderman verse.

Nah. We already have Venom and Scarlet Spider!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Not much more to say at this point on why you should keep reading. Obviously I think the stuff coming up is stuff I think a Spidey reader would enjoy or I wouldn't have approved it! :)

I'd say just keep reading until you don't like the book anymore. If you already like what Dan and the crew are up to, I think you'll continue to like Superior Spider-Man.

And thanks for the nice words.

SW

If you guys at Marvel really wanted us fans to enjoy Spider-Man then you never would've done OMD in the first place.

You make the character of Peter Parker do the exact opposite of what his character would do against Mephisto. You keep defending the decision, but the fact remains that it's something that Peter would've never had done and that taints his character.

BANNED

Stan once advised advised me (and I'm paraphrasing) to not be afraid to put the characters through hell. If you've done your job, the readers will be mad...and love every second.

SW

No going back from this one?

Are we to expect that this is truly the end of Peter Parker as Spider-Man for good?

I think that if it's truly the end of Peter Parker as Spider-Man he should end up with Mary Jane and be happy, but since that appears to be not the case then I have to stick with my original logical opinion and assume that Peter Parker is out of the picture in Superior Spider-Man.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post

Are we to expect that this is truly the end of Peter Parker as Spider-Man for good?

I think that if it's truly the end of Peter Parker as Spider-Man he should end up with Mary Jane and be happy, but since that appears to be not the case then I have to stick with my original logical opinion and assume that Peter Parker is out of the picture in Superior Spider-Man.
    Your opinion is based on things you don't read.

How old are you, by the way?

W

Veteran Member

If you guys at Marvel really wanted us fans to enjoy Spider-Man then you never would've done OMD in the first place.

You make the character of Peter Parker do the exact opposite of what his character would do against Mephisto. You keep defending the decision, but the fact remains that it's something that Peter would've never had done and that taints his character.
    Zzzzzz.....Do you have a different setting?

SW

wasn't OMD like twenty years ago at this point

When he said there is no going back from this one, I think he means the effects of what occurs and not that Peter will never be Spidey again. Honestly, though, at this point we are just a week away from ASM #698 which kicks off "Dying Wish" and we will know soon enough what the plan is. I am definitely on board for Superior #1 regardless of how this story goes down but I can understand if someone really wanted to jump off the book then that of course is their choice. But.....all I am saying is let's not prejudge what we think is happening; the ride is about to begin!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

I don't see the point of jumping off. I'm curious as to what is going to happen in #700 and even more curious about Superior.

Some of you guys act like Amazing is never coming back and Peter is never going to be Spider-Man again. We all know that Peter Parker will be Spider-Man in the Amazing title within a year. (At least the ones with a shred of common sense)

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I am definitely on board for Superior #1 regardless of how this story goes down but I can understand if someone really wanted to jump off the book then that of course is their choice. But.....all I am saying is let's not prejudge what we think is happening; the ride is about to begin!
    This is the moment where you top that first hill on the roller coaster...and you just know you're going to die (die, I say!) but it's too late to turn back now.

It's really the first time in a while I've felt a story's beats in my stomach, if that makes sense (cue the Mexican food jokes...)
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

SW
    Really?

Stan told me that everything I didn't like was the biggest mistake Marvel ever made and if he'd been editor he'd have never allowed it.

I'm sorry he jacked with your head like that, but to be fair, he was probably just trying to make conversation.
    Last edited by David Walton; 11-14-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    wasn't OMD like twenty years ago at this point
    Something like five actually. I bet it would blow everyone's mind if Dan Slott reversed OMD after all the dust settles. What are the haters gonna hate then? Anything can happen and that's why it's fun. Why the hell are people gonna go into some nerd rage before they even know totally what's gonna happen? I'm not totally stoked on the whole Superior idea but I sure can't get mad at what I haven't read yet. People need to chill and see what happens for themselves.