View Poll Results: Is Amazing Apider-man #700 going to be your Jumping off point?

Voters
235. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

71 30.21%
  • No

95 40.43%
  • I'll play it by ear Depending on how Superior Spider-man is

69 29.36%
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctuh View Post
    I've named the inability to give on on this topic, One More Post (OMP), completely blame Mephisto for it and expect it to continue ad infinitum.
    LOL. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Ah, it's really just a handful of guys who can't let it go. The title's critical and sales success has spoken for itself over the last 5 years so I don't think much of it anymore.
    Yeah, man; I know. I just can't understand why they can't let it go.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Ah, it's really just a handful of guys who can't let it go. The title's critical and sales success has spoken for itself over the last 5 years so I don't think much of it anymore.
    yep, hell... look at the current sales... Avengers books dominate the top 10 with some 10 covers each... and still ASM gets in the top 25 for both issues. Its just consistent at this point. Marvel is obviously thrilled with its performance.

Comparing ASM sales to pre OMD is always going to be faulty as too much changed to even begin to call it similar.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    yep, hell... look at the current sales... Avengers books dominate the top 10 with some 10 covers each... and still ASM gets in the top 25 for both issues. Its just consistent at this point. Marvel is obviously thrilled with its performance.

Comparing ASM sales to pre OMD is always going to be faulty as too much changed to even begin to call it similar.
    Many Avengers and X-Men books did just come out of a big crossover and there are a few "epilogue" issues of Avengers and New for Bendis to wrap up his long run on the franchise.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Many Avengers and X-Men books did just come out of a big crossover and there are a few "epilogue" issues of Avengers and New for Bendis to wrap up his long run on the franchise.
    Sure, that doesnt lessen the fact that ASM still landed in its normal range for the month even while competing with event fall out and new #1s

The thing is that considering how well the both is doing right now, was a big change to Superior really necessary? I can understand overhauling a book close to cancellation but in this case "if it ain't broke, let's fix it anyway" seems to be the mission statement here. I can't say I'm upset, the little tidbits have led to lots of great discussion and speculation. Really ups the ante of the story with so much in the dark and as much at stake. It should be a good read but I can't help but feel that things were already pretty top notch with this run and maybe something like this wasn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    The thing is that considering how well the both is doing right now, was a big change to Superior really necessary? I can understand overhauling a book close to cancellation but in this case "if it ain't broke, let's fix it anyway" seems to be the mission statement here.
    Maybe Dan just wants to tell a story.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    The thing is that considering how well the both is doing right now, was a big change to Superior really necessary? I can understand overhauling a book close to cancellation but in this case "if it ain't broke, let's fix it anyway" seems to be the mission statement here. I can't say I'm upset, the little tidbits have led to lots of great discussion and speculation. Really ups the ante of the story with so much in the dark and as much at stake. It should be a good read but I can't help but feel that things were already pretty top notch with this run and maybe something like this wasn't needed.
    Sure, the reason is three fold: Grab news/interest & sales gimmick.

You dont think it will last forever do you? #3. is Dan has a story to tell.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Sure, that doesnt lessen the fact that ASM still landed in its normal range for the month even while competing with event fall out and new #1s
    Agreed. I'm just pointing out that Avengers and X-Men recently had events and variant covers and what have you to help boost their circulation numbers that Amazing mostly did not.

If Marvel were truly dissatisfied with how Amazing had done, Dan Slott wouldn't be on the title anymore. And he wouldn't be writing Superior. At least that's how I view this.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Yeah, I don't think that the changes will last whatsoever, I really think that at best, this goes on until the new movie comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Maybe Dan just wants to tell a story.
    Well, shoudn't this be the aim of every good writer? :]

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Agreed. I'm just pointing out that Avengers and X-Men recently had events and variant covers and what have you to help boost their circulation numbers that Amazing mostly did not.

If Marvel were truly dissatisfied with how Amazing had done, Dan Slott wouldn't be on the title anymore. And he wouldn't be writing Superior. At least that's how I view this.
    100% agree with you on both counts.... Uncanny Avengers had like 10 to 12 covers getting it to that spot, yet ASM still gets both in the top 25. Like you said Dan is still here so obviously a good job is perceived whether posters here agree or not.

100% agree with you on both counts.... Uncanny Avengers had like 10 to 12 covers getting it to that spot, yet ASM still gets both in the top 25. Like you said Dan is still here so obviously a good job is perceived whether posters here agree or not.
    Yeah, when you think about it, it's really an impressive performance.

Yes, I think it will be my jumping off point. Given how Mr. Slott and Wacker has failed to communicate why a Spidey fan should give Superior a chance if it's not Peter Parker anymore, why should I? And why spend 8 bucks on AMS #700 for the above reason? All I hear and read is how shocked Spidey readers will be, but why should we pick up #700 and beyond with Superior? Are you trying to make fans happy or "shocked"?

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    Yes, I think it will be my jumping off point. Given how Mr. Slott and Wacker has failed to communicate why a Spidey fan should give Superior a chance if it's not Peter Parker anymore, why should I? And why spend 8 bucks on AMS #700 for the above reason? All I hear and read is how shocked Spidey readers will be, but why should we pick up #700 and beyond with Superior? Are you trying to make fans happy or "shocked"?
    Its probably going to be awesome

Care to elaborate that? Why?