View Poll Results: Is Amazing Apider-man #700 going to be your Jumping off point?

Voters
235. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

    71 30.21%
  • No

    95 40.43%
  • I'll play it by ear Depending on how Superior Spider-man is

    69 29.36%
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 717
  1. #91
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    Alright you work at marvel prove him and the others who feel that way wrong show us the Amazing Spider-man sales figures before OMD and After OMD and that will settle the argument once and for all will it not?
    It hasn't yet, so, no.

    And it really isn't even the point.

    SW

  2. #92
    Senior Member ViewtifulJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    dudes still talking about pre-OMD/Post-OMD sales

    who gives a damn? The book is never in trouble of cancellation, and if it wasn't, they will relaunch it with a half a dozen variants.

  3. #93
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post
    No. As already proven, it's a fact.

    Look...I'm sorry if you think that I've been stating my opinion as fact. It was not my intention.

    I didn't think I was making it sound like it was a fact because to me it has always been an opinion and for anyone to think that it has been otherwise shouldn't look at it as such.

    I just very strongly feel that if Peter isn't going to be Spider-Man after #700 then he should end up back with Mary Jane because being Spider-Man was the reason that they are being kept apart, and if that isn't the direction for them then to me the only logical conclusion is that Peter must not be around after #700.

    I mean come on...how can you expect me NOT to think that way under the circumstances?

  4. #94
    Elder Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,536

    Default

    Nope,Amazing Spider-Man#700 will not be my jumping off point.
    I have been reading Spider-Man comics for many years now,and i dont see how a new series of Spider-Man writen by one of the best writer the Spider-Man stories had in years would make me stop reading Spider-Man.
    And this is said by someone which is not even much of a fan of the legacy concept in super heroes but in Dan Slott i trust.
    Plus if it is really Miguel o Hara (Spider-Man 2099) that will be in the 616 marvel continuity that is way to awesome to not read about.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

  5. #95
    Elder Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, some would make the argument that readership on the Amazing Spider-Man is already, on average, lower than it once was prior to a particular story that came out five years ago.
    Except sales of Spider-Man comics even when they were published three times a month were almost all the months in the Top 20,which actually proves that Spider-Man was always selling quite well among the people buying comics.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

  6. #96
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Except sales of Spider-Man comics even when they were published three times a month were almost all the months in the Top 20,which actually proves that Spider-Man was always selling quite well among the people buying comics.

    Of course comics sell well among those who buy them...it's those who stop buying them that Marvel has to be concerned about.

  7. #97
    Elder Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Of course comics sell well among those who buy them...it's those who stop buying them that Marvel has to be concerned about.
    That is more due more ways the entertaiment market is divided (videogames,fantasy trading games,manga,MMORPG) that actually the quality of comics being worst or better that they were.
    Anyways i do not follow much comic book sales,but as far as i know comic book sales have been slightly up the last years.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

  8. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Look...I'm sorry if you think that I've been stating my opinion as fact. It was not my intention.

    I didn't think I was making it sound like it was a fact because to me it has always been an opinion and for anyone to think that it has been otherwise shouldn't look at it as such.

    I just very strongly feel that if Peter isn't going to be Spider-Man after #700 then he should end up back with Mary Jane because being Spider-Man was the reason that they are being kept apart, and if that isn't the direction for them then to me the only logical conclusion is that Peter must not be around after #700.

    I mean come on...how can you expect me NOT to think that way under the circumstances?
    Because something else could happen?

    For example, MJ might not like that Peter is Spider-Man but she might like Peter because he is Spider-Man. And she might struggle to still like him if he turns his back on his responsibility.

    Not saying that will happen, not even saying /i think that will happen, just a scenario that could explain what keeps them apart.

    Also, when you say you opinion is the logical conclusion it stops being an opinion and starts being "fact."
    "Dan Slott was also unbelievably helpful during this period as he helped me formulate some of the ideas that eventually be used in "OMIT." Dan is a champ and an idea machine" - Joey Q

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Except sales of Spider-Man comics even when they were published three times a month were almost all the months in the Top 20,which actually proves that Spider-Man was always selling quite well among the people buying comics.
    Yes, Amazing Spider-Man has been consistently holding steady in the top 25, this is true. But, one only has to look at the sales estimates from icV2 and Comics Beat to see that, by comparison to other years, Amazing Spider-Man is currently averaging in the mid to high 50K range. Granted, these are sales estimates based upon dealer orders rather than actual sales over the newsstand, and the comic book market, by and large, has been dwindling overall for some time, hence why DC Comics did the New 52 relaunch and why Marvel is doing Marvel NOW! Point is, high rankings does not necessarily correlate with high sales.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

    Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

  10. #100
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    Well for me it is I really don't have any reason to continue with it or marvel comics in general. I'm not at all interested in buying Superior Spider-man and all my other regular series have been cancelled because of Marvel NOW! maybe at some point I'll come back if some of my regular series come back and then again I might not all depends. Okay everyone your turn to throw in you two cents
    Why not quit when its not a fun read any more? If you know 700 is it for you why not stop before that? Why not just finish the current story (unless you are hating it) and move on?

  11. #101
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    That's your opinion as to what I'm doing, but it isn't what I'm doing.


    Everything I've stated is my opinion nothing more.

    If you want to read more into it then go ahead, but keep it to yourself and don't you dare accuse me of doing something that I'm not doing.
    Here's the 'issue' as I see it: Your opinions are based on the spoilers / opinions of others. You admitted to having no first hand knowledge of the subject. Essentially, your perspective is colored by what others have thought, said and inferred from their readings. I think that is what people are having problems with and why they are taking issue with what you are saying. General overview is not enough for you to give an in depth opinion to those who have read it. It'd be like talking advance physics with a physics professor when you'd only read an overview on Wikipedia, you are just gonna eventually look like you aren't versed in it.

    Put it to you in another way: Reading the cliff's notes / spark notes of A Tale of Two Cities might get me the general idea of what happened and allow me to pass a test, it does not make me a learned scholar / expert on said story.

    One more: I know a brief synopsis of American history from the Declaration of Independence to current... but that hardly makes me a historian on said time period / subject.

  12. #102
    Superior Gamma Burst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    1,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Look...I'm sorry if you think that I've been stating my opinion as fact. It was not my intention.

    I didn't think I was making it sound like it was a fact because to me it has always been an opinion and for anyone to think that it has been otherwise shouldn't look at it as such.

    I just very strongly feel that if Peter isn't going to be Spider-Man after #700 then he should end up back with Mary Jane because being Spider-Man was the reason that they are being kept apart, and if that isn't the direction for them then to me the only logical conclusion is that Peter must not be around after #700.

    I mean come on...how can you expect me NOT to think that way under the circumstances?
    Fine. No problem with me at all.

  13. #103
    Rolling My Eyes At You mr_hyde2120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Hell no, its gonna be my jumping on point, Im gonna read A years worth of issues of Amazing, all of 2012 issues, before superior kicks off, just to have a little back story. man I think It would be cool If Its spiderman 2099. Its similar to winter solder takin' caps place for a bit and nightwings Batman place for a lil while. It just makes for good story's.

  14. #104
    Senior Member Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Amazing Spider-Man #700 will be my jumping off point. My pull list has gotten shorter over the years with runs I liked ending or being relaunched. I've not read Amazing Spider-Man since The Scorpion Gauntlet issue, but I've still been collecting every issue. I've fallen way behind because I don't have a lot of free time like I used to. I'm not a single college student in his late teens anymore. I'm nearly in my mid 20s and in a serious relationship. Seeing as Amazing is ending and Peter won't be Spider-Man anymore it feels like the perfect time to leave. To me Peter Parker is what made Spider-Man arguably the most interesting superhero of all time. I'm sure the creative team has great things planned for Superior, but sadly I won't be there for the ride.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

  15. #105
    S.P.E.C.T.R.E. destro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    doomstadt
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    dudes still talking about pre-OMD/Post-OMD sales

    who gives a damn? The book is never in trouble of cancellation, and if it wasn't, they will relaunch it with a half a dozen variants.
    Yeah, it's kind of tiresome how the same small group of people have to bring this up in half the threads on the spider-board. Seriously, save yourself some money and misery and just stop buying a book when you don't like it, or care for a new direction whether it's was OMD or Superior. There are plenty of other books I'm sure you would enjoy.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •