View Poll Results: Is Amazing Apider-man #700 going to be your Jumping off point?

Voters
235. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

71 30.21%
  • No

95 40.43%
  • I'll play it by ear Depending on how Superior Spider-man is

69 29.36%
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Nope. I'll read past 700. I'd like to know the buildup leading back to Peter's return.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by doodads View Post
    Nope. I'll read past 700. I'd like to know the buildup leading back to Peter's return.

Peter isn't going to return.

I suspect that he's going to end up dead.

After all Marvel did say that this was Peter's last year as Spider-Man.

Peter is the old Spider-Man...Marvel wants someone new.

They tested this whole idea for someone else being Spider-Man when they killed Peter off in the Ultimate Universe and replaced him with Miles Morales.

Miles Morales is a success and now it's time to make the same move in the 616 universe.
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 11-10-2012 at 08:51 PM.

I'll be jumping off after ASM700, but for purely financial reasons, as I really need to cut expenses somewhere, unfortunately :( And 700 being the last/'last' issue gives me a clean break. I don't have strong feelings about Superior either way, and if it's good, I'll read it in trades like I do with the current USM run.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Peter isn't going to return.

I suspect that he's going to end up dead.

After all Marvel did say that this was Peter's last year as Spider-Man.

Peter is the old Spider-Man...Marvel wants someone new.

They tested this whole idea for someone else being Spider-Man when they killed Peter off in the Ultimate Universe and replaced him with Miles Morales.

Miles Morales is a success and now it's time to make the same move in the 616 universe.
    Woah! are those just speculations? Or have I been living under a rock for the past month?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticloudus View Post
    Woah! are those just speculations? Or have I been living under a rock for the past month?
    Pure speculation.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Pure speculation.
    phew. Thank you. I thought something major was announced behind my back.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    I predict that NO ONE who reads 700 will be able to stop themselves from reading Superior #1.

SW
    Awesome, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Ticloudus View Post
    phew. Thank you. I thought something major was announced behind my back.
    No, it's just that some posters speak as if they know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic View Post
    Well for me it is I really don't have any reason to continue with it or marvel comics in general. I'm not at all interested in buying Superior Spider-man and all my other regular series have been cancelled because of Marvel NOW! maybe at some point I'll come back if some of my regular series come back and then again I might not all depends. Okay everyone your turn to throw in you two cents
    Was actually going to be my jumping back IN point, since I haven't read ASM or any of the other stuff since #400, but there's not much that I'm gathering from the solicits that has me excited, but my Marvel pull list is dwindling anyway, so not necessarily a bad thing, save $8 a month for some independent book that needs some love like Rucka's impending Image book or Brubaker's next project.
    Piers Morgan: another liberal douschebag bites the dust.
    Do us all a favor and mean it this time Mr. Baldwin.
    Tired of tolerating.

Veteran Member

The joke is on you...I don't read the book I just read the spoilers. I haven't read Amazing Spider-Man since OMD.

The spoilers are enough to keep me up to date on what's going on for the most part.

And when it comes to Peter not being around after #700 it was simple logic since it appears he's not getting back together with Mary Jane.

Since being Spider-Man is the reason keeping them apart there is no reason to keep them apart if Peter isn't Spider-Man unless Peter isn't around after #700.

The circumstances paint Spider-Man in a corner...if Peter isn't Spider-Man then there's no excuse to keep him and Mary Jane apart unless he's out of the picture.
    Then I was right. You were lying,

I've notified comic stores across the country not to sell Spider-Man comics to you, so please stop trying.

(The rest of your post I ignored. Bored.)

SW

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post
    No, it's just that some posters speak as if they know everything.

I call them as I see them based on the logical things provided.

The only thing that keeps Peter and Mary Jane apart is him being Spider-Man. If Peter isn't going to be Spider-Man after #700 then he and Mary Jane should end up back together unless he's out of the picture, and he must be out of the picture since supposedly she's going to end up with the new Spider-Man and not Peter.

Whether this means Peter is dead or not doesn't really matter because either way he's not going to be a member of the supporting cast in Superior Spider-Man. If Marvel has no interntion of having Peter and Mary Jane being a couple again then that's how things are going to be...it's simple logic.

I've notified comic stores across the country not to sell Spider-Man comics to you, so please stop trying.

SW
    Wacker, you have no right to call me a liar...you don't even know me.

I call things based on how I see them. That's not lying that's just stating something from my point of view. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but that doesn't mean I'm lying.

Lying would mean that I know something flat out and then stating the opposite of it to deceive people.

I'm not trying to deceive anyone...my belief that Peter isn't going to be around after #700 based on what I've stated is my opinion nothing more...I don't know it to be 100% fact...so therefore I'm NOT lying.
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 11-11-2012 at 09:29 AM.

No. You post your assumptions as if they're facts.

The only thing that keeps Peter and Mary Jane apart is him being Spider-Man. If Peter isn't going to be Spider-Man after #700 then he and Mary Jane should end up back together unless he's out of the picture, and he must be out of the picture since supposedly she's going to end up with the new Spider-Man and not Peter.

Whether this means Peter is dead or not doesn't really matter because either way he's not going to be a member of the supporting cast in Superior Spider-Man. If Marvel has no interntion of having Peter and Mary Jane being a couple again then that's how things are going to be...it's simple logic.
    Even assuming that your train of thought is the only logical chain of events (it's not), I'm not sure that logic has much of a place in concocting stories anyway.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

SW
    Now that is a great reply.

Ideally, if the stories in the series are well told, and in this case also well illustrated, then it would a series worth reading about. That being said, it really does depend on who the titular character is. And in this case, the reason why people read Spider-Man and why he's been so popular for so many years is because they like and can identify with Peter Parker. This was a undeniable fact that the folks at Marvel found out the hard way when they made Ben Reilly "the real Spider-Man"; they may have been "successful" in having him "reclaim his identity" as Spidey, but the way they told the story made it virtually impossible for Ben to "reclaim his identity" as Peter Parker, which was far more essential and thus made the Clone Saga doomed from the get go.

Granted, we've had Spider-Man comics in which Peter Parker was not Spidey, such Miquel O'Hara in Spider-Man 2099 and Miles Morales in the current run of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man which have been, more or less, popular. But readers still understand that these Spider-Men take place in alternate universe rather than in mainstream continuity. They also still understand that Spider-Man is not the costume but the person who wears it. If the new Superior Spider-Man isn't Peter Parker, the character devoted fans have been encouraged to follow for decades, then his replacement better be a person fans would want to enjoy reading about and following month after month, someone they can identify with and someone they wouldn't mind filling in so long as the real Spidey comes back. And if not, Marvel shouldn't be the least bit surprised if the fanbase start dropping the title like flies.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 11-11-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton