Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    So...if we did get another Constantine movie, who would you like to see in the role? Keanu was fricking horrible in the role of the movie. It was better than Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, but that's not saying much.
    Ray Fienes.
    Yes, I hate everything [REDACTED BY ORDER OF CBR] has written.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mark-3491080070007760777.jpg  
    Gimme gimme shock treatment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    So...if we did get another Constantine movie, who would you like to see in the role? Keanu was fricking horrible in the role of the movie. It was better than Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, but that's not saying much.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ot-by-Del-Toro

I made this thread before and Mr. Holmes convinced me Guy Pearce would be perfect for the role.

Nevermind, i was wrong about the pronounciation

Although a parent could could choose either prononciation, right?

Emperor constantEEn is how ive always said it
    Last edited by Trey; 11-10-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    I've posted this recently (maybe in this thread?), but seems it may be needed again.

Attachment 104089
    From just about every Vertigo panel I've attended, to creators, fans, shops and such, everyone pronounces it ConstanTEEN. I can understand why the movie followed suit.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Quote Originally Posted by josh straightedge View Post
    From just about every Vertigo panel I've attended, to creators, fans, shops and such, everyone pronounces it ConstanTEEN. I can understand why the movie followed suit.
    Well then, seems there needs to be reminder
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

It was pretty much inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This has been posted countless times for those who keep moronically mentioning the sales number of single issue sales. Hellblazer in TPB's sells enough to keep it going. In fact if you look at the last 10 years , its pretty clear ala Jonah Hex and most Vertigo titles , sells in TPB kept it around.

Now hopefully some will see this and all.
    Yes but guess what? Times have changed in those 10 years. If Hellblazer had the exact same amount of TRADES as it did 10 years ago then thats not a good reason to keep it round(lets forget about attrition in this example).Printing Costs have increased since then,we all know that. Mark Waid has broken it down before.
    I have never seen a Hellblazer trade chart.
    So if you have a series with low monthly and possibly low TRADE why would you keep it around.
    Unless I can see something that shows me Hellblazer was selling enough TPBs to keep it afloat then I agree with this one
    (I dont hate Hellblazer, I have all the Milligan and Delano reprints)
    I think its time to lay Hellblazer to rest, the last year or so has been pretty crap anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_i4got View Post
    I think its time to lay Hellblazer to rest, the last year or so has been pretty crap anyway
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

It's a Vertigo title with a long history, with numerous big-name creators attached. I am just going to go out on a limb and say it sells well enough that it could stick around. Why, instead of just cancelling it, not try finding a different creative team to shake things up?

Just say you don't want it as a Vertigo. That is all DC has to say. At least then you are being honest with the fans and community.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

It's a Vertigo title with a long history, with numerous big-name creators attached. I am just going to go out on a limb and say it sells well enough that it could stick around. Why, instead of just cancelling it, not try finding a different creative team to shake things up?

Just say you don't want it as a Vertigo. That is all DC has to say. At least then you are being honest with the fans and community.
    That is what they are saying, maybe not just blatantly like you're putting it, but that's exactly how I see it. They feel they want to make the character more accessible to a wider audience, and launching it as part of the New 52 is a sure fire way to draw in new readers. Now, I've never read anything by the new author, but I'm willing to give it a try, and hope for the best.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_i4got View Post
    Yes but guess what? Times have changed in those 10 years. If Hellblazer had the exact same amount of TRADES as it did 10 years ago then thats not a good reason to keep it round(lets forget about attrition in this example).Printing Costs have increased since then,we all know that. Mark Waid has broken it down before.
    I have never seen a Hellblazer trade chart.
    Honestly you do realize that DC won't print a comic from Vertigo that doesn't have good TPB sales right ? If say for instance Hellblazer was dying the past 10 years with bad TPB sales , DC would have cancelled it sooner. Not keep publishing it.

So if you have a series with low monthly and possibly low TRADE why would you keep it around.
    Unless I can see something that shows me Hellblazer was selling enough TPBs to keep it afloat then I agree with this one
    (I dont hate Hellblazer, I have all the Milligan and Delano reprints)
    No its not... just because you think its lame and oddly keep getting it in TPB form there are a lot of fans doing that . It keeps many Vertigo books going because readership isn't high. So yes ...again the sales question is answered. People know the situation with Vertigo and how TPB sales keep a series around. The only reason DC is doing this is to try and get fans not to laugh at Constantine #1 and claim the better work is in Hellblazer.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Wouldn't that be something DC hasn't ever tried before?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Ever since this version of Constantine showed up in the New 52, I found myself saying, "I wish the New 52 would do what they claim - do something really new. Why give us this watered-down, teen-safe, de-aged, de-married John Constantine? Why not actually create a new character, with his own quirks, and his own history, and his own character arc? Is imagination in such short supply that they couldn't come up with a different guy to play the role they wanted? It's not like we're talking about Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman here - and Constantine has his own ongoing, and more interesting, life elsewhere."

I felt that even more strongly after the #0 issue, with 52-Constantine's bromance with "Nick Necro," and them using Zatanna like a dollar bill to be passed back and forth between them to measure the state of the guys' relationship. (That's Zatanna daughter of Zatarra. 52-John should have been seeking out her for magical mentoring. She should be in charge of the JLD. Shunting her around the plot in terms of whose girlfriend she is at any given moment.... just no.) This character is young and shallow, as opposed to the JC we know, so let him be someone new who is young and shallow.

Now I know why I was muttering like that. We lose the ongoing adventures of the deeply-developed, experienced, fascinating JC so DC can give the much less interesting kid a title that just looks like 1 out of 52, or 80, or whatever it is these days. We could have had both - the established, ongoing Constantine and a new, different character who could develop on his own (and not be constantly compared to the old one). But - what? They couldn't think up a new name and a different coat? The new guy in JLD had to be British rather than Norwegian, so they had to leverage him off one of the most unique characters in comics, who disappears as a result?

"Bad money drives out good." And blander Constantine drives out unique.

But that's just me.