Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    show me the scene

Greek gods are cruel and vindictive and do shit for there own reasons, cosmics are no diffirent as shown with my galactus example
    Except greek stories are filled with the concept of FATE and its inevitability.
    Seriously, man. Just a little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Letting that torturing scum-bag live was an act of great mercy to the undeserving
    So your saying its right to kill people in cold blood cause there an ass hole
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

Letting that torturing scum-bag live was an act of great mercy to the undeserving
    Letting the warden live is arguably an act of mercy (though I'm not going to give someone too much credit for not commiting murder as that's frankly what should be expected of pretty much anyone) ... but that may or may not be the case for the guys that were thrown in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by quillero View Post
    Except greek stories are filled with the concept of FATE and its inevitability.
    Which are often Defied.

Th fact that these vindictive assholes decry some thing as fate doesn't make it right
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

So your saying its right to kill people in cold blood cause there an ass hole
    No, becasue they are murderous sadists who are functionally above the law
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Which are often Defied.

Th fact that these vindictive assholes decry some thing as fate doesn't make it right
    In a lot of instances that is the case in the MU at least.

Mortals, particularly in Starlins books, will defy cosmic all the time. Frankly, it's not at all uncommon for a hero or villain to make cosmics look like chumps.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Uhhh...Boom Boom had a bomb strapped to her as well, but it was Beautiful Dreamer and another mutant I can't remember used as bombs that killed thousands of people. All the T.O virus villains were not protected by shield. Cyclops sent X-force to get Hope.
    That was legacy virus not a bomb lol and he didn't know anything about beutiful dreamer until after she died the other mutant was fever pitch and sent x force to help him. When the T.O virus brought the villains they had a press conference and told them that they were protected by shield. And the they saved hoped and boom boom was saved in the end So the x men have a lot more reason to trust him before AvX then doom and Wanda its not even close

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Tabitha sure does have great taste in hats. Oh wait.......
    See your confused because leper queen didn't kill beutiful dreamer the purifiers did the leper queen killed boom boom get it right

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Letting the warden live is arguably an act of mercy (though I'm not going to give someone too much credit for not commiting murder as that's frankly what should be expected of pretty much anyone) ... but that may or may not be the case for the guys that were thrown in hell.
    It is not like they were going to be punished in any other way. really have no problem with murderous bigots becoming demon chow.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I imagine the tipping point for Scott will be murdering someone. Not killing... but murdering. But I don't think Scott will go there... I still think two or so years from how he'll have his "what have I done" moment, and end up back with the X-Men at the school. This whole "brotherhood of evil mutants" thing is likely just a phase.

I think Scott will keep his hands REASONABLY clean... not sure about Magik and Mags though. She's essentially evil and insane to the point where her own brother wants to kill her (and I don't entirely blame him), while Mags has been a mass murdering mutant terrorist for decades. So while I have some degree of trust in Scott not crossing any lines, his crew looks pretty darn questionable. We'll see how long he manages to keep them in line before he starts losing control.
    I am interested in how being a P5 has effected Magick. Will she continue to send humans to Limbo on a regular basis? Will she create a Limbo portal on earth? Does she have her own agenda while this is all going on? I'm not sure about Magick anymore. She seems to act normal and obeys Scott and Mags, but that glimpse of her activities in AVX just shows she can run off the rails and do some really horrid things. Just look at what she did to her own brother. It's basically like having a female Dormammu on your team.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

It is not like they were going to be punished in any other way. really have no problem with murderous bigots becoming demon chow.
    Magneto was never legally punished for the crimes he commited. Due process gave Mags a pass... does that mean Steve has a right to murder Magneto if he were somehow in the position to do so? I would argue no. Due process is imperfect... no one can deny that. Sometimes people aren't punished when they arguably should be, and in the same breath sometimes people who don't deserve it are. But that doesn't give the Extinction Team anymore right than anyone else to decide to take justice into their own hands.

Those people, despite being bigots had the same legal protections that Scott did, and the same right to fair due process. Scott being denied the chance to get it was wrong, but I'd say the same thing about even bigots. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree over Magiks getting a free pass to kill people she believes deserves it. I understand her perspective on the matter, but she's no more in the right than the warden was.

As slow and inefficient as it sounds, I think in hindsight respowering mutants one by one might have been the way to go.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't want to be mutants, and a FEW who you don't necessarily want to repower even if they wanted it.

Now you're stuck with a situation where Bob the accountand showed up to work one day and may have become a Minataur or something.
    The problem with that is yes it restores powers to those who lost their powers, but it doesn't create new mutants.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by quillero View Post
    Irrelevant. Just making abstract concepts characters does not take away from their cosmic role.
    Learn to read, Iv never said they aren't cosmic, my point is that they are still people not everything they do is this unknowing thing tha tmust happen, they make choices, they are individuals who can and do make mistakes

Going "omg its a Cosmic Force" dose not automatically make the phoenix some you must accept, that you can't fight, and that it can't be veiwd wrong.

Xpac said it best

In a lot of instances that is the case in the MU at least.

Mortals, particularly in Starlins books, will defy cosmic all the time. Frankly, it's not at all uncommon for a hero or villain to make cosmics look like chumps.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    That was kind of odd, at the end of the event it looked like they were leaving it up to her what she did from that point on, making this confrontation really weird.

Although I suppose technically she did breach a restricted SHIELD site to recover her jetpack, but since they don't seem like they're bugging her about that or sending her to juvie, why bother to bug her at all? Just comes off as odd.

Other oddities... Danger being against imprisonment of any sort (preferring execution if somebody's crimes merit it), yet not saying anything about guys being dragged into Limbo where they'll be imprisoned and tortured for a good long time.

As to the main thrust of the story... Scott escaping in this way probably doesn't do much for human-mutant relations, no, but I'm not sure it hurts them that much either... the talking head spewing hatred about concentration camps would probably have advocated them eventually anyway, and nobody can really say the warden and others didn't have it coming. I don't agree that if Scott had been killed in his cell as planned that it wouldn't have hit the news, it would have, big time, but I don't think his martyrdom would have done much good either. Meantime he and Magneto and the rest can try to track down Sinister, draw fire from other mutants if possible, destroy Sentinel manufacturing plants (Kilgore Arms has beaucoup orders), and otherwise play an interesting role in things. Think they'll break Emma out as well?
    And scare the bejeezuz out of the authorities who intend to keep imprisoning mutants.

But I do agree with you that killing Scott would have the intended effect of making the rest of the X-Men scurry and start being pro-active. Have the X-Men forgiven Scott for AVX?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    The problem with that is yes it restores powers to those who lost their powers, but it doesn't create new mutants.
    That may or may not be true... we really have no idea. It's possible that the mutants who Wanda would have restored can pass on the mutant gene. And it's equally possible that what the PF did in AvX may not in the long run have a lasting effect on the mutant population. If the mutants are repowered by the Phoenix, it's possible it might decide to reform itself one day and take back it's power.

I'm not saying that's the case... I'm just saying I don't think we know the long term effects of what Wanda might have done, or even what the PF has done here since we likely won't see the next generation of mutants because of how marvel time works. Franklin Richards will still be in elemantary school when by great grandkids are filing for welfare.