Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
  1. #16
    Senior Member tylenoljones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    Rock Of Ages when he's the prime mover behind the defeat of both Lex Luthor and his Injustice Gang and Darkseid's invasion.

    How he took out Metron was beyond cool.
    Rock of Ages gets my vote too. Too many cool Batman moments to count. "This one sees me and smiles."

    Tower of Babel didn't do much for me, and while I like Waid's run it doesn't really feature Batman anywhere. He had a cool but minor part in Obsidian Age. So definitely stick with Morrison for cool Batman/ Justice League stuff.

    I would not recommend Identity Crisis, or Crisis of Conscience. At all.
    Last edited by tylenoljones; 11-08-2012 at 02:11 PM.

  2. #17
    Senior Member adkal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Anyone got a top 5?


    And would him going 'undercover' as Bruce Wayne be considered one?

  3. #18
    Senior Member Batman9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    Rock of Ages gets my vote too. Too many cool Batman moments to count. "This one sees me and smiles."

    Tower of Babel didn't do much for me, and while I like Waid's run it doesn't really feature Batman anywhere. He had a cool but minor part in Obsidian Age. So definitely stick with Morrison for cool Batman/ Justice League stuff.

    I would not recommend Identity Crisis, or Crisis of Conscience. At all.
    Why? They were both pretty good.

  4. #19
    Senior Member tylenoljones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Why? They were both pretty good.
    Identity Crisis just had too many plot holes and was overall not enjoyable for me. Personal preference. There aren't many crossovers I do enjoy.

    I actually enjoyed Crisis of Conscience, but it's story is largely dependant on someone knowing the events of Identity Crisis, which is why I wouldn't recommend it.

  5. #20
    Senior Member tylenoljones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Anyone got a top 5?
    My favorite ones are kind of just my favortie JLA stories in general. Rock of Ages, The New Frontier. Morrison's entire run pretty much. Are we just counting the comics, or can we count the animated series as well? Because i'd pull quite a few from there as well.

  6. #21
    Senior Member Batman9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    Identity Crisis just had too many plot holes and was overall not enjoyable for me. Personal preference. There aren't many crossovers I do enjoy.

    I actually enjoyed Crisis of Conscience, but it's story is largely dependant on someone knowing the events of Identity Crisis, which is why I wouldn't recommend it.
    Ahh, ok. I liked Identity Crisis, and to me, CoC was just more of the same. But CoC is deeply involved with the aftermath of IC.

  7. #22
    Loading cactusmaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Forever Becoming - Pelican
    Posts
    4,747

    Default

    Identity Crisis mostly made me laugh at how overwrought and stupid it was. I thought it was a parody.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

  8. #23
    I say thee nay! icctrombone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,721

    Default

    I enjoyed Identity Crisis.
    Life is what you make it.

  9. #24
    Junior Member Gothamdet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    104

    Default

    I liked JLA: Earth 2 by Morrison.

  10. #25
    Robin Graves zur en arrh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,188

    Default

    ^ Yes! I love Earth 2.

  11. #26

    Default

    I hate how Waid writes Bat-god, Tower of Babel and Brave and the Bold being two good examples. Too masturbatory.

    I honestly think Morrison doesn't go too overboard with it in JLA, except for that one Secret Files issue with Starro.

  12. #27
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Yeah I think BatGod is fine as long as he's not a walking plot device. I think even Morrison has been fair enough to give "BatGod" his limitations. I still think the White Martians scene is a bit contrived, but otherwise I don't think his Batman moments are too rolleye worthy compared to other writers who have done that.

  13. #28
    Senior Member adkal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    My favorite ones are kind of just my favortie JLA stories in general. Rock of Ages, The New Frontier. Morrison's entire run pretty much. Are we just counting the comics, or can we count the animated series as well? Because i'd pull quite a few from there as well.
    Go for it

  14. #29
    Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    15,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Yeah, I think a lot of us remember this Out of Character moment by Batman.
    Batman wouldn't fatally shoot someone if it meant saving the world? Because Bruce could have just given Darkseid a right-hook, right? Yeah, I don't know what Batman you're thinking of but Bruce Wayne has never put himself before saving the world, expecting him to hold his "no guns rule" in the face of armageddon is pretty stupid. Batman doesn't give up and Batman isn't stupid.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

  15. #30
    Mattress Tester T Hedge Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    www.futureearthmagazine.com
    Posts
    10,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I loved the Batman/Planetary crossover is this in the same continuity
    Yes, and no. It's not in the same "reality," but just as the DCU has a multiverse and the Planetary/WildStorm reality is part of that, the alternate reality of Terra Occulta is later implicated as simply another in-story reality/universe.

    The connections, though, are purely thematic or the novelty of seeing a new spin on a character. As someone said above, the Planetary team evil and has been for some time.

    Also, Ordway killed on the art. Some of his best work, I think (and he got Popeye in a crowdshot, so).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •