Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    Rock Of Ages when he's the prime mover behind the defeat of both Lex Luthor and his Injustice Gang and Darkseid's invasion.

How he took out Metron was beyond cool.
    Rock of Ages gets my vote too. Too many cool Batman moments to count. "This one sees me and smiles."

Tower of Babel didn't do much for me, and while I like Waid's run it doesn't really feature Batman anywhere. He had a cool but minor part in Obsidian Age. So definitely stick with Morrison for cool Batman/ Justice League stuff.

I would not recommend Identity Crisis, or Crisis of Conscience. At all.
    Last edited by tylenoljones; 11-08-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Anyone got a top 5?

And would him going 'undercover' as Bruce Wayne be considered one?

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    Rock of Ages gets my vote too. Too many cool Batman moments to count. "This one sees me and smiles."

Tower of Babel didn't do much for me, and while I like Waid's run it doesn't really feature Batman anywhere. He had a cool but minor part in Obsidian Age. So definitely stick with Morrison for cool Batman/ Justice League stuff.

I would not recommend Identity Crisis, or Crisis of Conscience. At all.
    Why? They were both pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Why? They were both pretty good.
    Identity Crisis just had too many plot holes and was overall not enjoyable for me. Personal preference. There aren't many crossovers I do enjoy.

I actually enjoyed Crisis of Conscience, but it's story is largely dependant on someone knowing the events of Identity Crisis, which is why I wouldn't recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Anyone got a top 5?
    My favorite ones are kind of just my favortie JLA stories in general. Rock of Ages, The New Frontier. Morrison's entire run pretty much. Are we just counting the comics, or can we count the animated series as well? Because i'd pull quite a few from there as well.

Identity Crisis just had too many plot holes and was overall not enjoyable for me. Personal preference. There aren't many crossovers I do enjoy.

I actually enjoyed Crisis of Conscience, but it's story is largely dependant on someone knowing the events of Identity Crisis, which is why I wouldn't recommend it.
    Ahh, ok. I liked Identity Crisis, and to me, CoC was just more of the same. But CoC is deeply involved with the aftermath of IC.

Identity Crisis mostly made me laugh at how overwrought and stupid it was. I thought it was a parody.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

I enjoyed Identity Crisis.
    Life is what you make it.

I liked JLA: Earth 2 by Morrison.

^ Yes! I love Earth 2.

I hate how Waid writes Bat-god, Tower of Babel and Brave and the Bold being two good examples. Too masturbatory.

I honestly think Morrison doesn't go too overboard with it in JLA, except for that one Secret Files issue with Starro.

BANNED

Yeah I think BatGod is fine as long as he's not a walking plot device. I think even Morrison has been fair enough to give "BatGod" his limitations. I still think the White Martians scene is a bit contrived, but otherwise I don't think his Batman moments are too rolleye worthy compared to other writers who have done that.

My favorite ones are kind of just my favortie JLA stories in general. Rock of Ages, The New Frontier. Morrison's entire run pretty much. Are we just counting the comics, or can we count the animated series as well? Because i'd pull quite a few from there as well.
    Go for it

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Yeah, I think a lot of us remember this Out of Character moment by Batman.
    Batman wouldn't fatally shoot someone if it meant saving the world? Because Bruce could have just given Darkseid a right-hook, right? Yeah, I don't know what Batman you're thinking of but Bruce Wayne has never put himself before saving the world, expecting him to hold his "no guns rule" in the face of armageddon is pretty stupid. Batman doesn't give up and Batman isn't stupid.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I loved the Batman/Planetary crossover is this in the same continuity
    Yes, and no. It's not in the same "reality," but just as the DCU has a multiverse and the Planetary/WildStorm reality is part of that, the alternate reality of Terra Occulta is later implicated as simply another in-story reality/universe.

The connections, though, are purely thematic or the novelty of seeing a new spin on a character. As someone said above, the Planetary team evil and has been for some time.

Also, Ordway killed on the art. Some of his best work, I think (and he got Popeye in a crowdshot, so).