Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What's the best (Batman) Justice League story?

I was wondering, what's the best Batman centric Justice League story? For example like, Tower of Babel. Not sure if there's many of them, just thought I'd ask.

and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
    Last edited by batman23; 11-07-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

My vote goes to:

The the opening story of Morrison/Porter's JLA, which was fairly Bat-centric, since Batman's the one to figure it out and then save the team (so they can save the world). His contribution was paying attention, being a detective, and getting misjudged by the villains, because he's just a man in a funny costume. It's sometimes cited as the birth of Batgod, but he wasn't a god there, he was simply a fine detective and a man who knows how to intimidate. (Morrison/Porter JLA is the concretizing of Batman's superpowered coping, though, as seen in Rock of Ages and strongly in the last moments of World War3.)

Terra Occulta, where alternate-reality Bruce puts together the Justice League to defeat the owners of the world and get a little personal revenge against the man who killed his parents and so many others. He's a serious-minded, dedicated engine of justice there, but he's also a caffeine-addict, futurist, sponsor of great research, caring bat-themed billionaire warrior dude in funny clothes.

Or, to JLI one-punch era Batman, who kept putting on the exhausted, loner facade (and felt it, to a degree), but really shepherded the team as well, and you know, laid out Guy asking for it Gardner. I don't know that that's a story so much as a narrative, and neither of my choices are Bat-centric, necessarily, but they depend on Batman's presence and behavior to shape them.

Tower of Babel was a decent story, and the traps are interesting, but the reaction of the team, the whole voting him out thing seems unreasonable too me, and I would've preferred to have Orion, Barda, Oracle, and Huntress still on the team for that arc, to see their votes/responses, too. I have a hard time buying that any of the JLA were surprised Batman (or anyone) had plans to stop them if they ever went off the deep end, and kicking him off the team is akin to imprisoning the designer of a gun because someone else built that gun and shot you in the knee with it.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Anyone remember this?
    [hide]

[/hide]

and this?
    [hide][/hide]
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Terra Occulta, where alternate-reality Bruce puts together the Justice League to defeat the owners of the world and get a little personal revenge against the man who killed his parents and so many others. He's a serious-minded, dedicated engine of justice there, but he's also a caffeine-addict, futurist, sponsor of great research, caring bat-themed billionaire warrior dude in funny clothes.
    I\ve never heard of this. Is it an Elseworlds?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I\ve never heard of this. Is it an Elseworlds?
    I'm pretty sure it carried the Elseworlds label, but in any case, it was the JLA/Planetary crossover.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I am pretty sure my favorite is the one with Scooby Doo before he met up with the Wonder Twins. That was great.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Tower of Babel is excellent. If you can find it, give it a go. Crisis of Conscience is another great book.
    I wouldn't say that Final Crisis is a Batman story by any means. It has some great Bat-moments in it however. Identity Crisis has one of the most emotional Batman moments I can think of, so you might want to give that a go.

I can't really think of good Batman & Justice League story. Looking at the selection from everyone, I can't really say I liked any of them. Tower of Babel was rather forgettable and moved Batman into a paranoid stage in comics that I don't care for. Didn't help that I thought the art was bad, the dialogue was dull, and the pacing was off for me. Final Crisis barely has him in it and only really does one thing in it, which I felt meh about. The first arc to Morrison's JLA has great moments for Batman, but the story is pretty weak for me (the pacing is awful for this comic). And then Identity Crisis is Identity Crisis.

Frankly, the best Batman Justice League story I've seen isn't even from the comics. It's the episode Injustice for All from the damn animated show.

I think he has a good showing in Obsidian Age...

Rock Of Ages when he's the prime mover behind the defeat of both Lex Luthor and his Injustice Gang and Darkseid's invasion.

How he took out Metron was beyond cool.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveDupin View Post

and this?
    [hide][/hide]
    Yeah, I think a lot of us remember this Out of Character moment by Batman.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 11-08-2012 at 12:16 PM.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Loved Batman in Tower of Babel and the Morrison JLA run.

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    I'm pretty sure it carried the Elseworlds label, but in any case, it was the JLA/Planetary crossover.
    I loved the Batman/Planetary crossover is this in the same continuity

As for a good Batman Justice League story outside of Tower of Babel I don't think too many showcase him that much.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I loved the Batman/Planetary crossover is this in the same continuity
    Nah, different continuity - here, the Planetary is evil, basically.