Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K Von Doom View Post
    Is it me or is Superman's extreme speed advantage being heavily discounted. All the above would be a stain on the ground before they even realised there was a fight.
    Thor might be Superman speed, at least in terms of travel speed, as of Seige.

I'm not certain adult Franklin would notice Superman hits. But you are correct one spome of those points. Speed has always been supermans advantage over hulk.

Is it me or is Superman's extreme speed advantage being heavily discounted. All the above would be a stain on the ground before they even realised there was a fight.
    Uh, just to note, if Franklin is Adult Franklin "Black Bolt's voice is an adorable suggestion I'm going to ignore, to me my Galactus-bitch!" Richards there is straight up nothing Superman can do to him but die like a gnat.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 11-18-2012 at 02:24 PM.

I'm not certain adult Franklin would notice Superman hits.
    What gives you cause for doubt that he couldn't ignore them?

The Runner blitzes?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    Thor might be Superman speed, at least in terms of travel speed, as of Seige.
    Thor has always been Superman level when it comes to travel speed, assuming by travel speed you mean flight speed. He certainly can't physically run as quick as Supes or anything(he can't even run as quick as Quicksilver). If you're suggesting this has changed then what feat from Siege shows this?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    The Runner blitzes?
    He could certainly casually blitz post crisis Supes.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-18-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    What gives you cause for doubt that he couldn't ignore them?
    The only sliver of doubt are superman's morrison style top end showings. Things like preventing a black hole from sucking stuff in by holding it really tightly in his hand, or sealing rifts in the universe with his heat vision. Those put him in high-end cosmic territory, maybe w/o the versatility of Franklin, but perhaps with the power to get his attention before the young man wishes supes out of existence.

The only sliver of doubt are superman's morrison style top end showings. Things like preventing a black hole from sucking stuff in by holding it really tightly in his hand, or sealing rifts in the universe with his heat vision. Those put him in high-end cosmic territory, maybe w/o the versatility of Franklin, but perhaps with the power to get his attention before the young man wishes supes out of existence.
    I could of sworn the black hole had a GL or whatever helping..but either way we only go by the high end consistent stuff and Supes isn't consistently that strong.

Though even if they were legit feats if Franklin can ignore Blackbolts scream then even strength enough to hold open a black hole won't do much but tickle him.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Veteran Member

He's jumping into a universe as opposed to them all being jammed into an arena, so people are taking it as "who can conceivably beat him in a scenario in which he came to Marvel Earth"

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I could of sworn the black hole had a GL or whatever helping...
    Assuming he's referring to the one that people keep bringing back, yes it did.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

I could of sworn the black hole had a GL or whatever helping..but either way we only go by the high end consistent stuff and Supes isn't consistently that strong.

Though even if they were legit feats if Franklin can ignore Blackbolts scream then even strength enough to hold open a black hole won't do much but tickle him.
    Lol, yeah, I don't think superman can take any ofFranklin's offense, just saying that his best shot could get franklin's attention/

Things like preventing a black hole from sucking stuff in by holding it really tightly in his hand
    That's not what happened. First of all said black hole was the size of a dust speck, then there was that he was either always holding it along with its still present but failing containment field we could see the glow of, or with Green Lantern's help.

Those put him in high-end cosmic territory
    No, not remotely. Especially not with anything like any sort of credible consistency.

or sealing rifts in the universe with his heat vision.
    Considering the Black hole thing's actual details, issue number?

just saying that his best shot could get franklin's attention/
    His best shot isn't particularly on the scale of multiple Celestial assault. Even beyond that, adult Franklin at one point /flies into/ the energy bleed off of a Celestial, and blows it up from within. This is well after he used his younger self's gathered up power to heal a fallen Galactus (which, actually he kept separate from himself for that purpose), so that was especially all him.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 11-19-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

I have a question I don't really want to make a thread for, so this seems like a good place to ask it: In the animated movie, Superman vs the Elite, Manchester Black, who is demonstrated to be a pretty powerful telepath, is unable to access Superman's mind in any meaningful way (he can get surface thoughts, as I recall). Superman casually mentions that this is due to some brainhacks and autodefenses he has specifically for telepathy. It makes a lot of sense because well, he's got access to that kind of stuff and fights a lot of telepaths. Is this true of comic Superman as well? The movie is based on an arc in the comics, so it kinda seems like it would have shown up. If so, is there a reason it never comes up in threads?
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I have a question I don't really want to make a thread for, so this seems like a good place to ask it: In the animated movie, Superman vs the Elite, Manchester Black, who is demonstrated to be a pretty powerful telepath, is unable to access Superman's mind in any meaningful way (he can get surface thoughts, as I recall). Superman casually mentions that this is due to some brainhacks and autodefenses he has specifically for telepathy. Is this true of comic Superman as well? The movie is based on an arc in the comics, so it kinda seems like it would have shown up. If so, is there a reason it never comes up in threads?
    Not really. Mental effects of sufficient potency have monkeyed with him over the years. He needed the Martian Manhunter and Batman together to bring him out of Mageddon's field of despair making, as it were, off the top of my head.

Lol, yeah, I don't think superman can take any ofFranklin's offense, just saying that his best shot could get franklin's attention/
    Eh, if he can ignore Blackbolts scream then Supes best more then likely couldn't even wake him up from a lite nap.

Eh, if he can ignore Blackbolts scream then Supes best more then likely couldn't even wake him up from a lite nap.
    Dude wasn't screaming so much as they were having a conversation, but yeah. There's also Franklin doing things like flying right into the energies bleeding off from a Celestial from its injuries and blowing it up from within, that three of them zapping him in sequence is what it largely took to hurt or otherwise knock him around, but didn't especially prevent him from, for instance flying right into another of them and similarly blowing up its head.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 11-19-2012 at 12:21 PM.