Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Franklin Richards and his herald Galactus.

Assuming this is in context of comics and not a rumbles fight (or this post would have been there), most X-telepaths would be able to take him out. In the DCU Maxwell Lord was able to control Superman and he couldn't even use his power without having nose bleeds. Most Marvel telepaths appear to be more powerful than Lord ever was. [Fill in the blank telepath] makes Superman hit himself in the face, a la Fight Club, until he passes out.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    As for the Nu52 DCU Superman, I really don't know enough of his power levels to gauge.
    To stop him you'd need magic, knowledge of his flaws, and/or apple pie. As well as the might or a few sacrifices to withstand him long enough to work out a plan. He's currently a super genius capable of hitting Mars in moments and can bench press the Earth for five days straight, so fighting him head on is ill advised.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    To stop him you'd need magic, knowledge of his flaws, and/or apple pie. As well as the might or a few sacrifices to withstand him long enough to work out a plan. He's currently a super genius capable of hitting Mars in moments and can bench press the Earth for five days straight, so fighting him head on is ill advised.
    So, basically, we're back to silver age Superman? Boring! Prefered post COIE, with some established less godlike limits (Can't travel nor breathe indefinitly in space, doesn't travel in time, powers get gradually weaker when away from yellow sun, no "red sun, powers off, yellow sun, powers on" switch, etc...).

Peace

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Seriously... A guy puts "Super" in his name and people think he's unstoppable? He's not all that. Marvel has dozens of characters that could stop him.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Surfer, Thor, Hulk has a snowball's chance in hell, but only a snowball's chance, if we're led to believe it then Sentry, Doctor Strange or any other very powerful magic user because they cheats, pretty much any very strong telepath or telekinetic because they cheat, Gladiator could put up a fight, although I think he could put up a fight with pretty much anyone, Black Bolt, prolly a few of the Eternals, Adam Warlock cause he cheats, Franklin Richards cause he cheats, hell even Scarlet Witch could take out anyone if she wanted apparently.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Geniuses like Richards could do it with prep-time, magic based people like Doom, Strange etc, Heralds of Galactus, Gladiator, Sentry, Hyperion (he's basically Superman), Thor, Vulcan, Black Bolt, Legion, Juggernaut, Magik (in her own realm), Nova (with the entire nova force), Quasar, Hulk (without holding back i.e. Heart of the Monster), Super-Skrull, Thanos etc

All of these and more could feasibly give him a run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    As a Supes fanboy you'll never really convince me that any one could stop him, but yeah: for just heroes tough enough to go toe to toe with him it's Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Gladiator, Hulk, etc. Pretty much the ones you'd expect.
    I just wanted to say that Superman himself would admit there's plenty of people capable of taking himself down, you know. He's not ashamed to admit that Martian Manhunter could gain a solid advantage if he fully used his powers, Wonder Woman could outfight him, or Dr. Fate could restrict or banish him.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Radiation man.
    Who is Radiation man?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    If it's a Hostess Apple Pie, he's just screwed. The power of Hostess pastries is greatly amplified in the Marvel Universe.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Who is Radiation man?
    I think he's talking about the green chinese character from the Thunderbolts or the guy from the Simpsons.

Why do people keep saying Superman is 'too powerful'? He's not even the most powerful hero in the DC-verse. Even Pre-Crisis.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    Why do people keep saying Superman is 'too powerful'? He's not even the most powerful hero in the DC-verse. Even Pre-Crisis.
    He's the most powerful hero most people have actually heard of, so he's the one who gets dumped on for it.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    So, basically, we're back to silver age Superman? Boring! Prefered post COIE, with some established less godlike limits (Can't travel nor breathe indefinitly in space, doesn't travel in time, powers get gradually weaker when away from yellow sun, no "red sun, powers off, yellow sun, powers on" switch, etc...).

Peace
    His durablity isn't all that yet though...Cheetah was able to bite right into his neck transforming into cheetah like hybrid.

Somehow people seem to forget his super speed. Most persons mentioned in this thread have no chance against him, because he can easily blitz them. He could also move constantly with super speed preventing them from even finding him. Sentry, Silver Surfer, Gladiator etc. can stop him, because they have super speed, too (and other powers).
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."