Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Well its not just comics. I don't like my bills to be creased either.

You should see our plastic money here in Canada.

Even when it comes to giving comics away I care about condition. I purchased a big stack of comic books earlier today and I spent the next several hours going through all of them, page by page, noting any serious defects (like if any missed pages, which none did, or had major rips or writing on them). It's not so bad though getting up and close and personal with comic books. If anything it makes you appreciate when something is old and in really great condition. It's like finding a diamond among a mountain of coal.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Well its not just comics. I don't like my bills to be creased either.
    I'll be happy to take them off your hands. In return, I'll send you pristine sheets of shiny white paper.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

I just think it's neat to get an old comic that's mint or near mint. I'm used to them being beat up from when I had them as a kid, so when I find a fresh one it makes me feel like I just bought it off the stand, kind of transports me back in time in a way.

You make an excellent point Bad Wolf. Yesterday when I was at the bookstore, I was sitting there, surrounded by all these comic books and books. And I came across some old comic books that I remembered either having or seeing on the newsstand as a child, and it was like a pure joy moment. Just to see them and touch them again. And they were in really good condition. I didn't end up keeping them (they're going to charity too) but wow, it was a nice moment. And I think in the end that's what life is, a series of moments. Some good, some bad, but moments. And its nice when you see something, sort of like welcoming back an old friend, and seeing that its weathered the passage of time nicely.