Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Mech piloting.

OP didnt state that it had to be an unarmed fighting style. With 3 years i should manage to work out at least the basics of multiple systems like prawn mech, patlabor, battletech, robotech etc. and then progress by trial of fire. By the time i work my way up to that anime ode to Black & Decker (which i can never remember the name of) the aliens will offer me THEIR planet.

Megalomaniac dictators owe their careers to bullies (credit to Overmaster)

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's habitual, but anyone below cage fighter level is likely to get my scrotum in their face at some point. - Sir Fury

Now thats just awesome.

What the hell is it?

Megalomaniac dictators owe their careers to bullies (credit to Overmaster)

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's habitual, but anyone below cage fighter level is likely to get my scrotum in their face at some point. - Sir Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Wavemaninawe View Post
    Now thats just awesome.

What the hell is it?
    Its called MANLINESS.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hokuto Shinken was my first thought but I honestly don't think I have the skill to master it to a good enough degree. I mean, Jagi was considered an utterly untalented scrub by Raoh, Toki and Kenshiro and he still had trained his arse off for around 8 years and could murderise normal humans by the dozen.

Err... so I need a shortcut to get enough of a boost to get strong enough to fight in three years. Okay, so here's the plan; I hook up with Fuuchuoin School of String Users and get them to use the Black Thread Weave Techniques on me. That instantly amps my physical abilities to grant me a level of superspeed and super strength. I train with them and the Kakkei Family for one year, not learning any specific stylistic stuff just training my body to handle the new strength that it has. Assuming that I don't get caught up in any politics within the family and no one in the Fuuchuoin abuses the latent mind-control functions of the Black Weave, I should do okay and become something along the lines of a mach speedster with around Class 40 odd strength.

From there, I travel to Infinity Fortress and make a spirited go at fighting my way up to Babylon City. Given my knowledge of how the world of Getbackers actually functions and what that means to relative powerlevels, I should be able to become much, much stronger within the walls of Infinity Foress and swiftly become stronger than anyone else in Beltline in short order. My aim is just getting into Babylon City, once there I will be gifted with the Stigmata in my eye which will increase my powers exponentially putting me at the level of multimach speedster and being able to knock down small buildings by hitting them. Given how weird Infinity Fortress is, it's entirely possible that I could pick up some other funky abilities if I can get my head round them but that's a bit of a long shot. At most, I hope this will take six months.

So, with all that. I then seek out Kenshiro, Raoh and Toki and get them to train me in the ways of Hokuto Shinken. With my already supernatural abilities I should be able to handle extreme training and become a lot stronger with in the remaining one and a half years I have left. I'm not going to master anything like all the pressure points but stuff like Raibo Shinkyaku, Hokuto Gosho-ha, Breath of the Dragon and Water Reflection Spirit would be a must.

With all that, I should be able to do alright.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hokuto Shinken was my first thought but I honestly don't think I have the skill to master it to a good enough degree. I mean, Jagi was considered an utterly untalented scrub by Raoh, Toki and Kenshiro and he still had trained his arse off for around 8 years and could murderise normal humans by the dozen.

Err... so I need a shortcut to get enough of a boost to get strong enough to fight in three years. Okay, so here's the plan; I hook up with Fuuchuoin School of String Users and get them to use the Black Thread Weave Techniques on me. That instantly amps my physical abilities to grant me a level of superspeed and super strength. I train with them and the Kakkei Family for one year, not learning any specific stylistic stuff just training my body to handle the new strength that it has. Assuming that I don't get caught up in any politics within the family and no one in the Fuuchuoin abuses the latent mind-control functions of the Black Weave, I should do okay and become something along the lines of a mach speedster with around Class 40 odd strength.

From there, I travel to Infinity Fortress and make a spirited go at fighting my way up to Babylon City. Given my knowledge of how the world of Getbackers actually functions and what that means to relative powerlevels, I should be able to become much, much stronger within the walls of Infinity Foress and swiftly become stronger than anyone else in Beltline in short order. My aim is just getting into Babylon City, once there I will be gifted with the Stigmata in my eye which will increase my powers exponentially putting me at the level of multimach speedster and being able to knock down small buildings by hitting them. Given how weird Infinity Fortress is, it's entirely possible that I could pick up some other funky abilities if I can get my head round them but that's a bit of a long shot. At most, I hope this will take six months.

So, with all that. I then seek out Kenshiro, Raoh and Toki and get them to train me in the ways of Hokuto Shinken. With my already supernatural abilities I should be able to handle extreme training and become a lot stronger with in the remaining one and a half years I have left. I'm not going to master anything like all the pressure points but stuff like Raibo Shinkyaku, Hokuto Gosho-ha, Breath of the Dragon and Water Reflection Spirit would be a must.

With all that, I should be able to do alright.
    The first thing you learn should be Water Reflection Spirit; with just that you'd speed up your learning curve by months, if not years. The problem is that you'll need to constantly spar against Ken, Raoh and Toki to do it...and there might not be enough time for you to put yourself back together before the aliens arrive.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    The first thing you learn should be Water Reflection Spirit; with just that you'd speed up your learning curve by months, if not years. The problem is that you'll need to constantly spar against Ken, Raoh and Toki to do it...and there might not be enough time for you to put yourself back together before the aliens arrive.
    This is why I get the Black Weave and the Stigmata first, so I am capable of fighting them to a semi-reasonable even without training.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Awesome.

What anime is that?
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This is why I get the Black Weave and the Stigmata first, so I am capable of fighting them to a semi-reasonable even without training.
    Yer, but note that HSK is an ever-evolving affair; halfway through the first session they'd probably have already adapted and pulled a new Lethal Technique out of their arses, so you need to keep spamming techniques of your own. Thus, the first thing on your agenda should be Water Reflection Spirit, preferably before your first sparring match.

So instead of maybe a few minutes, you'll keep going for hours picking everything up as its used on you.

Unfortunately, how much you train will only be limited by your pain threshold; it can't be much fun to block, parry and absorb thousands of strikes while at the same time being a bundle of exposed nerves.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Awesome.

What anime is that?
    Googling the names in the filenames and the word 'Relic' from one of the screencaps, I think I've narrowed it down to a series called 'Senki Zesshou Symphogear'.

Yer, but note that HSK is an ever-evolving affair; halfway through the first session they'd probably have already adapted and pulled a new Lethal Technique out of their arses, so you need to keep spamming techniques of your own. Thus, the first thing on your agenda should be Water Reflection Spirit, preferably before your first sparring match.

So instead of maybe a few minutes, you'll keep going for hours picking everything up as its used on you.

Unfortunately, how much you train will only be limited by your pain threshold; it can't be much fun to block, parry and absorb thousands of strikes while at the same time being a bundle of exposed nerves.
    The conversation of getting Kenshiro to teach me might be a little tough since Hokuto Shinken has that whole "one Master, all others have their fists destroyed thing,"

"Hey Kenshiro, I'm an obviously superhuman martial artist who would like to learn your style because I have to protect my alternate universe planet from multiple alien invasions in a year and a half. I don't want to know the secrets of your style, nor do I want to supplant you as the Hokuto Messiah. But... if you can teach me Water Reflection Spirit, Breath of the Dragon, Hokuto Gosho-ha and Raibo Shinkyaku, that would be excellent,"

"... How do you know of those techniques? Have you fought a Hokuto Master before?"

"Err... sort of... no. Well... I was witness to a lot... if not all... if your fights and I... look it's complicated... are you going to teach me? I'm sure you can tell by your instincts that I'm not an evil person and I'm..."

*Does a quick afterimage trick*

"...already pretty powerful so I think I can just about keep up. What do you say?"

Follow me on Tumblr!

Howzabout picking up Shadow Skill? If anything it'll let you spam AOE's all over the place, much better than HSK does.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Sidereal martial arts would require you to actually be a celestial Exalted, but if that's allowed, they're probably one of the better choices simply because whoever trains you will have access to sidereal training methods to get you amped up really fast.

Alternately, I'll go with whatever Seiya uses, since he seemed to go from never being able to beat Cassios to being on the level of completely owning him over the course of one night.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-08-2012 at 05:15 AM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by Wavemaninawe View Post
    Now thats just awesome.

What the hell is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Awesome.

What anime is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Googling the names in the filenames and the word 'Relic' from one of the screencaps, I think I've narrowed it down to a series called 'Senki Zesshou Symphogear'.
    Correct.

It's a magical girl anime about j-pop singers fighting monsters with the power of music, and somehow it managed to be one of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

The character in question, Genjuro, became badass enough to fight on par with said magical girls despite ostensibly being a normal human. Part of his training regimen involves watching a lot of action movies.
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-08-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Unless you engage in a montage.

A three-year long training montage would clearly make you greater than Mantis. :P
    Having been training for 26 years, I can say with relative surety that I, personally, don't train via montage.

Would be nice if I could, mind, but that's not the case. :)

Howzabout picking up Shadow Skill? If anything it'll let you spam AOE's all over the place, much better than HSK does.
    It'd be the pretty much the same situation as HSK.

I would not be able to survive, let alone benefit from, three years of training with Elle Ragu without severe preparations first so I'd still go for the Black Weave/Stigmata combo from Getbackers as a proviso.

Follow me on Tumblr!