Default Mike Mignola signs Hellboy In Hell at Portland's TFAW 12/15

This will take place Saturday December 15th from 7-10pm .
    There is also be a gallery of Mike's original art.
    Here's a link to the address.
    http://m.yelp.com/biz/things-from-an...world-portland

Super tempted to make the drive down... Can't decide if I want to spend @ $50 on gas for it or not. Maybe if enough boardies were interested I could go as the Hellboard ambassador? Would Mike be okay with me getting a bunch of copies/autographs?

I called TFAW about their plans for Mike's appearance and they are going to have a limited 11x14 for the first few to get there. Also, there is a limit of 3 items to be signed for each purchase. They said after that you are most welcome to go back and line up for more items you want autographed.

Is this standard practice? I think its fair. Just wondering if this is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
    I called TFAW about their plans for Mike's appearance and they are going to have a limited 11x14 for the first few to get there. Also, there is a limit of 3 items to be signed for each purchase. They said after that you are most welcome to go back and line up for more items you want autographed.

Is this standard practice? I think its fair. Just wondering if this is the norm.
    I'd think it is, yes. Fair and pretty much the norm.

Eventhough

A) stuff like special prints as selling out in mere hours likely just cannot be helped. Because special prints cost so they'll be on a budget to produce, so they might sell out insanely fast. They wouldn't be kept superlimited just to tease or for seeming worth more - but for event-organizers they're an incentive or aid onto generating a turnout (among folks to be actually visiting the event), eventhough most event-organizers wouldn't have enormous budgets for them, I'd be to think.

B) venues or sizes or crowd turnouts could be to vary a little bit, but I would think that the main idea is to give anybody an equal and likely shot at a good time before the day would be through. With getting back in line for another go as not being out of the question, because if there would be enough time to spare then it wouldn't hurt?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-04-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

It was a great turn out a couple nights ago. The staff from TFAW was great! Very organized and light atmosphere even if the place was packed to the brim.

Oh and I thought I would share this. Not the best of pics but it was such an amazing piece.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
    It was a great turn out a couple nights ago. The staff from TFAW was great! Very organized and light atmosphere even if the place was packed to the brim.

Oh and I thought I would share this. Not the best of pics but it was such an amazing piece.
    Wow, cool pic!

I love how there is no *passe-partout* or mat / framing board used but simply transparency instead. Super classy I find, so I hereby call dibs on it .

Decent artpiece too I must say.

Thanks for the report, lefthook. It's always so cool to hear how stuff like this went.

EDIT: a question BTW, how is TFAW to get pronounced as, like officially?
    "Teefaw"? Or "tf-awwh", like all at once?
    I tend to be spitting folks in the face when I try to say it. Or it's just their reaction as if it would be an ugly word, as it would mainly be shopkeepers I'd be telling it to...
    Like I go: "At TFAW they have it, for only 2.99!" I can play hardball like that! But pronunciation would be key obviously...
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-18-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: as specified.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    EDIT: a question BTW, how is TFAW to get pronounced as, like officially?
    I always pronounce it ThingsFromAnotherWorld. ;)

I've never heard TFAW said out loud, just written as an abbreviation of the whole name..
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by noble_enough View Post
    I always pronounce it ThingsFromAnotherWorld. ;)
    Ah. I might go with that then. Although, youknow, I reckon' I'd be somewhat smoother than like senator Schwarzen-egger, but.

Between the harsh consonanty lingo of ours I will need to be saying it like my gums would feel to bleed, or like my teeth could come undone.

Or either it might be coming out as *tinqs-vromma-nozzar-whirlt*. Which just wouldn't do, or at least I'd best be kissing my haggly-hustlin' sensibilities goodbye...
    . ~

haha! a couple of the residents there pronounced it as tee-fah. i was surprised too cause i have always said it thingsfromanotherworld.