Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Deadpool, #1

I really enjoyed thjs
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I've never read Deadpool but gave #1 and #2 a shot because I found the character interesting enough to catch my attention in the past and obviously #1 is a good starting point.

I won't be continuing with Deadpool though. The art is great, I really love it but the characterisation and the general story are shocking. It feels almost like Deadpool is a 10-year-old school boy who has just figured out what a one-liner is. It's all a bit much and I just don't care for the character one bit. He's not funny, he's not intriguing, he has no depths.

The story of a bunch of presidents being reanimated is just straight up ridiculous, it seems like something that that same 10-year-old school boy could come up with in his sleep.

I just wish Moore's art was on a book I enjoy. That's the only thing I'm disappointed that I'm going to be missing out on.

I love Deadpool when he is written right and i feel like this is the best Deadpool issue since Cable and Deadpool ended? Ways run was mostly hit or miss for me.

I didn't even read the last few issues cause the humor became more potty obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamer View Post
    I've never read Deadpool but gave #1 and #2 a shot because I found the character interesting enough to catch my attention in the past and obviously #1 is a good starting point.

I won't be continuing with Deadpool though. The art is great, I really love it but the characterisation and the general story are shocking. It feels almost like Deadpool is a 10-year-old school boy who has just figured out what a one-liner is. It's all a bit much and I just don't care for the character one bit. He's not funny, he's not intriguing, he has no depths.

The story of a bunch of presidents being reanimated is just straight up ridiculous, it seems like something that that same 10-year-old school boy could come up with in his sleep.

I just wish Moore's art was on a book I enjoy. That's the only thing I'm disappointed that I'm going to be missing out on.
    i had seen you in a few other forums with the new Marvel NOW! heroes including the hulk one, have you liked any of them? wondering not intended to sound dick

Quote Originally Posted by shazam_man View Post
    i had seen you in a few other forums with the new Marvel NOW! heroes including the hulk one, have you liked any of them? wondering not intended to sound dick
    Really liked All New X-Men.

dont know how this did so well in the november sales rankings.....maybe will gail simone being fired form her dc book she can come over to write for marvel....i cant stand these two clowns writing deadpool the first issue was fun but now weve had 3 straight issues of this dead president nonsense...say what you want about daniel way but his writing was not nearly this awful

Quote Originally Posted by marco19 View Post
    dont know how this did so well in the november sales rankings.....maybe will gail simone being fired form her dc book she can come over to write for marvel....i cant stand these two clowns writing deadpool the first issue was fun but now weve had 3 straight issues of this dead president nonsense...say what you want about daniel way but his writing was not nearly this awful
    From what I understand, it did well. 4th ranking, I think.
    The new team is awful? What don't you like?
    I don't know how much Classic Deadpool/Cable and Deadpool you've read, but most think this is an improvement over Way. It may not be as polished as Kelly's run, but it certainly is reminiscent of Priest, Tieri, and Nicieza. And you can probably throw Simone into the mix. Is there room for improvement? Yes, definitely. Is the President arc going to go on too long, maybe. But it's nice to see Deadpool wisecracking again.

Yeah it did come in 4th in the November sales I think. Only beaten by All New X-men, Batman, and Captain America in that order. So it beat Thor, Hulk, FF, UA #2, and Ironman. If its sales continue to be good I can't see them really changing much. It would be a little strange if they do.

I had a backlog of stuff to read and Deadpool #2 was in that pile. I'm not a fan of the character but with this new series I decided to give it a try. i felt in both issues the comedy fell flat and the S.H.E.I.L.D agent who has to recruit Deadpool seems like a swipe of Amanda Waller. The art is very well done but when I read a book that is supposed to be funny I expect to laugh and that really didn't happen for me. I probably won't be picking it up again.

Honestly, I just didn't find this issue funny, few giggles aside.

Quote Originally Posted by XSpectreGreyX View Post
    Honestly, I just didn't find this issue funny, few giggles aside.
    Read issue #7. If you don't giggle, then nothing in the world will make you giggle.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

The writers are new to writing comics, but to me every issue is better than the last.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDP View Post
    The writers are new to writing comics, but to me every issue is better than the last.
    Because it is? It's seriously getting better.

I am anti-EU

Well, they're certainly making good on their promise to go to darker places.

I agree. Deadpool is both funny and disturbing. And the disturbing part is actually very scary to read.

I am anti-EU