Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Deadpool, #1

The cool thing is that I re-read the issue many times today, which is not something that happens often to me. But overall, today there were some pretty good comic books to read.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDP View Post
    Expect more NOT team-ups, I hear.
    Oh goodie,goodie this promises to be constantly fun after all.

See? Awesome.
    I disagree. There's an idea with a lot of potential for fun, and some solid art even if it's not my thing but the execution left everything to be desired.

But hey, Can we just accept the fact that I read the thing?

Yeah, days like today you can feel somewhat safe trying something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I disagree. There's an idea with a lot of potential for fun, and some solid art even if it's not my thing but the execution left everything to be desired.

But hey, Can we just accept the fact that I read the thing?
    Fine, but only if you accept that most everyone else who's read the comic seems to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Oh goodie,goodie this promises to be constantly fun after all.
    It's actually something I want to see more of- other Marvel heroes hating Deadpool's guts. But hey, when it hits the fan, who you gonna call?

Fine, but only if you accept that most everyone else who's read the comic seems to disagree with you.
    I've more than accepted that.

I just disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    So true. Deadpool is very different from x-books. Despite being cursed with burnt body, and incapable of dying, Deadpool is not emo/angsty/brooding character. That's what I like about him.
    Actually he kinda is he just hides it. He's not to nearly the levels you usually see but in other books but he's acutely aware of how everyone sees him and how he looks. He learned that just because his life sucks doesn't mean he should brood over it forever a long time ago. I actually didn't like the book since while I dont have a visceral hatred for waypool I consider it inferior to earlier works like Cable & Deadpool and this was closer to waypool. I supposed they have to bridge the gap between the two now anyway since it's gone on long enough to be part of his characterization.
    Anyway. He's an X-Force villain with powers acquired from Wolverine's healing factor at weapon X aka another organization tied into the X-men mythos. Like it or not he is basically an X-universe character.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

4.5 stars for this? Heh.

Except for the Thor part, I didn't laughed once at this. Not reading the next issues.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

It was ok, Room to get better, but not nearly as good as the first issue of C&D or Way's Run
    Last edited by Zen-aku; 11-07-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Anyway. He's an X-Force villain with powers acquired from Wolverine's healing factor at weapon X aka another organization tied into the X-men mythos. Like it or not he is basically an X-universe character.
    I agree that sometimes DP laughs through tears. I remember at first that I didn't consider DP as an X-book myself. Then Cable & DP happened, and I felt in love with DP. That's when I started to dig the character.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

I'm surprised no one mentions that he is/was a member of X-Force. The only human/meta-human one, in fact.

Having never read a Deadpool book before, I found this pretty enjoyable. The jokes did occasionally fall flat, but they worked more than not. The art was great, and the concept is actually pretty fresh (sadly a rarity in most DC/Marvel books.) I'm definitely onboard for the foreseeable future.

I'm normally on the DC side of the forum, but I thought I'd pop in and say... Nice review and I agree. This was a kick, I laughed often and had a heck of a good time reading it. It just put me in a good, giddy mood and that doesn't happen much with comics these days (i like dark and I like serious and dramatic, but it's a nice change of pace to have something that's simply a wild, whale of a good time read).
    Last edited by Martha My Dear; 11-08-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    PrettyDeadly/WonderWoman/FBP/Velvet/Revival/Lazarus/EastofWest/ManhattanProjects/Fatale/Alex+Ada/Rat Queens/Saga/Bandette/HighCrimes/Red Sonja/RachelRising/Ghost/Zero/Veil/Cap. Marvel/She Hulk/Magneto

This was decent. The humour was good, art great, although Deadpool himself is far weaker than his supporting cast and the premise of the story. He's the part of the comic which least works, while everything else was on-point.

Also, first time wandering into a Deadpool review thread and wow, who would've thought Deadpool fans would be such snobs?