Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Deadpool, #1

Guys, I have a question, when did he regain his healing factor?

I loved the art.

There is definitely a disconnect... at the end of 63, he had his brains blown out. Now he's back with his healing Factor
    ? I was hoping this new series would be less silly (circle chase/Cable and Deadpool). That doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    I was hoping this new series would be less silly (circle chase/Cable and Deadpool). That doesn't seem to be the case.
    Me too. Maybe in the future? I'll be checking the threads. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Sigh View Post
    He lost it temporary. And btw, Evil Deadpool is still alive
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Sigh View Post
    Technically speaking, the healing factor never really went away: spoilers:
    The serum that depowered him temporarily supressed the healing factor. By the end of #63, it was clear that Deadpool's HF had started working again. Even if he had successfully committed suicide or gotten himself killed, as DP originally intended before he changed his mind, his healing factor would have eventually revived his corpse. This explains why Evil Deadpool returned, eventhough it appeared he was depowered and killed back in issue 50 something.
    end of spoilers

I really liked this. Deadpools been kinda flat for me for awhile now. I always pick it up every month for a friend who likes the character. So I guess I have the unique perspective of a person who buys it and reads it every month but dosent have a deep attachment to the character.

Maybe I just liked it cuz it was something different than the last 5 years?

I thought this was an alright comic. Tony Moore's art fits the character and the situation that the writers put him in. The biggest issue I had was with the writing. The plot was fine, but the book was sorely lacking in the character department. All we know after the first issue is that Wade is zany and Agent Preston isn't. Compare that with the first issue of the Kelly series. By the end of that first issue we knew exactly who Wade was and how he related to the characters around him. We didn't get anything close to that in this issue. I'm willing to give this first storyline a shot, but if the series isn't going to be anything more than dropping Deadpool into a new wacky situation every few months without the characters to back it up, I'm out.
    I'm doing a drawing for every DMAX thread!

Most recent drawing: Longshot

Is anyone else glad they took out the inner voices? That crap was so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    Is anyone else glad they took out the inner voices? That crap was so annoying.
    Yes. Simply yes.

Is there a chart of the presidents? Out of 25 I only recognized Harry S. Truman; Franklin D. Roosevelt; George Washington; Abraham Lincoln; Jimmy Carter; Andrew Jackson; Ulysses S. Grant; John Fitzgerald Kennedy; Richard Nixon; William Howard Taft

so im new to comic reading...well fairly new and i would really enjoy starting with Deadpool, should i buy this issue? reccomendations on where to start?

I'd say this book is a good place to start.

Start reading this run, as DoctorDP recommended. If you decide that you really like the Deadpool and would like to learn more, pick up TPB from what's called the "Classic Deadpool" run. There are currently 7 volumes, and the 8th comes out in March. . . at the very least, check out the first 5 books.

alright ill look into it, going to the comic shop tomorrow or thursday to get first issue of the Hulk ill get the Deadpool too

While you're at it, Deadpool #2 comes out tomorrow. I know what your thinking, but I don't think the twice a month thing will be a regular occurrence.