Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Ok, so in this world mutants started to emerge around the 1800, and the characters we all know and love were born back then. What was happening back then? All the imperialism you can get, all around the world. The movements in places like China, India or South America reclaiming an end to colonialism were emerging (Gandhi was born towards 1860, if I recall correctly). The british empire and the rest of the european nations retained their power by virtue of their superior firepower. Is in this environment that the various mutants start to appear, and drastically change the balance of power. Can you imagine how would have gone the trial of tears in a world were Forge, Danielle Moonstar and the Proudstar brothers were around already? The impact a grown up Storm would have had for the colonialism in Africa? Monet Saint Croix as the mixed elite of the french colonies in North Africa? A Japan with Shiro Yashida? The situation was further complicated by the fact that western dirigent classes mistrusted and oppresed their own mutant population, out of fear of being replaced by them. The sentinel program was thus started by the british empire, using human subjects and enhancing them to pose a treat to the mutants. They are somewhat roughish looking than 616 sentinels, but are made possible by the leap technology gave when mutants like Doctor Nemesis started to appear. Human looking enough to "pass", they ushered the planet in a sort of steam punk era.

Karima Shapandar was a Sepay guardswoman selected to undergo the Sentinel program (I know that Sepays were just men, but shut up, artistic license there, maybe women were more likely to survive the Sentinel process). Her memory was theoretically wiped out, and now just the hunting machine remains... or maybe not?

I may come back to this design later on in a more realistic style, as I will not be able to draw another character until god only knows when.
    Last edited by Leirus; 11-08-2012 at 01:39 PM.

I love it!

Leirus, I love her.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

I like her a lot too. And I think I like her better with the more cartoonish style. It is a pity, to create all these characters which will never be used, :C

I like this one more, but anyway, cool!

I tried to Land some Magik after GIMPing the hell out of a Gollum pic but it still looks ridic. Let's see what happens when I get home and print.

awesome job Murder and Leirus. Really, those are pretty great.
    scmartel.deviantart.com

so, I got the first mutant, the submariner, and I must confess I don't like him all that much, mostly because he's a good guy now. So I wanted to take him back to the Namor I used to like. So while he's not really evil he has no regards or interest in being a hero. To him in this universe the Avengers and the X-Men are nothing more than children playing with their problems rather than solving them. This Namor is much younger, somewhere in his late 20's. As for his personality again this Namro is much more aggressive, anger or rage seem to be his only to emotions. Think of him as a mix between Kratos from God of War and Assura from Assura's Wrath

Number: 52
    Name: Namor
    Universe: Earth 357
    Powers: possesses the super-strength and aquatic abilities of the "Homo mermanus" race as well as the ability to project images of himself in near proximity.
    Bio: born in Miami Florida, Namor was born and raised as an ordinary for the first seven years of his life, his mother had a mysterious past that nobody knew about and a beauty that many would call other worldly. His father was a fisherman and a mutant. From birth Namor's father taught him how to fish, sail, and live from the sea, his mother taught him to love the sea and all of its creatures. While he was made fun of for being a simple fisher boy Namor held no anger or evil in his heart, he was happy.
    That all came to a crashing end when an evil king by the name of Attuma came and killed his mother and father in front of him. With her dying breath Namor's mother revealed the truth to him, his mermaid like abilities were not a mutant ability but a heritage trait. Namor jumped to the sea and chased after Attuma but Attuma sent his son Byrrah to stop Namor.
    eaten and defeated Namor fled to the deepest depths of the ocean, where the sun or living couldn't reach there he met Haumea who gave him the weapon he carries with him and for the last 17 years he trained his body, mind, and heart to feel nothing but rage and hatred. Namor grew stronger but sank deeper into darkness. He now feels the time for revenge has come, no longer a pure hearted boy, Namor is on a path where the only trail is blood, for the last year he has made Atlantis and Lemuria bleed and will stop at nothing until he takes Attuma's head and throne.
    Although his bloodthirst knows no end Namor is a very smart person, and knows to kill only those that would oppose him, through his charisma he has built an army that would rival any from the world of men. Namor is on his way to becoming king, discovering the truth of his family, and writing the next chapter of his lineage in the blood of his enemies.

Leirus and ceroxide, those are amazing!

I never thought I'd say this, but I made Anole something I like. I'll have him in before the weekend is over.

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    You've selected Lifeguard!
    AGAIN?!

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    It is a pity, to create all these characters which will never be used, :C
    Hmmm....

Ninja Sports Emporium Your Imaginary Pal's Avatar

94. that would be grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Ok, so in this world mutants started to emerge around the 1800, and the characters we all know and love were born back then. What was happening back then? All the imperialism you can get, all around the world. The movements in places like China, India or South America reclaiming an end to colonialism were emerging (Gandhi was born towards 1860, if I recall correctly). The british empire and the rest of the european nations retained their power by virtue of their superior firepower. Is in this environment that the various mutants start to appear, and drastically change the balance of power. Can you imagine how would have gone the trial of tears in a world were Forge, Danielle Moonstar and the Proudstar brothers were around already? The impact a grown up Storm would have had for the colonialism in Africa? Monet Saint Croix as the mixed elite of the french colonies in North Africa? A Japan with Shiro Yashida? The situation was further complicated by the fact that western dirigent classes mistrusted and oppresed their own mutant population, out of fear of being replaced by them. The sentinel program was thus started by the british empire, using human subjects and enhancing them to pose a treat to the mutants. They are somewhat roughish looking than 616 sentinels, but are made possible by the leap technology gave when mutants like Doctor Nemesis started to appear. Human looking enough to "pass", they ushered the planet in a sort of steam punk era.

Karima Shapandar was a Sepay guardswoman selected to undergo the Sentinel program (I know that Sepays were just men, but shut up, artistic license there, maybe women were more likely to survive the Sentinel process). Her memory was theoretically wiped out, and now just the hunting machine remains... or maybe not?

I may come back to this design later on in a more realistic style, as I will not be able to draw another character until god only knows when.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post

so, I got the first mutant, the submariner, and I must confess I don't like him all that much, mostly because he's a good guy now. So I wanted to take him back to the Namor I used to like. So while he's not really evil he has no regards or interest in being a hero. To him in this universe the Avengers and the X-Men are nothing more than children playing with their problems rather than solving them. This Namor is much younger, somewhere in his late 20's. As for his personality again this Namro is much more aggressive, anger or rage seem to be his only to emotions. Think of him as a mix between Kratos from God of War and Assura from Assura's Wrath

Number: 52
    Name: Namor
    Universe: Earth 357
    Powers: possesses the super-strength and aquatic abilities of the "Homo mermanus" race as well as the ability to project images of himself in near proximity.
    Bio: born in Miami Florida, Namor was born and raised as an ordinary for the first seven years of his life, his mother had a mysterious past that nobody knew about and a beauty that many would call other worldly. His father was a fisherman and a mutant. From birth Namor's father taught him how to fish, sail, and live from the sea, his mother taught him to love the sea and all of its creatures. While he was made fun of for being a simple fisher boy Namor held no anger or evil in his heart, he was happy.
    That all came to a crashing end when an evil king by the name of Attuma came and killed his mother and father in front of him. With her dying breath Namor's mother revealed the truth to him, his mermaid like abilities were not a mutant ability but a heritage trait. Namor jumped to the sea and chased after Attuma but Attuma sent his son Byrrah to stop Namor.
    eaten and defeated Namor fled to the deepest depths of the ocean, where the sun or living couldn't reach there he met Haumea who gave him the weapon he carries with him and for the last 17 years he trained his body, mind, and heart to feel nothing but rage and hatred. Namor grew stronger but sank deeper into darkness. He now feels the time for revenge has come, no longer a pure hearted boy, Namor is on a path where the only trail is blood, for the last year he has made Atlantis and Lemuria bleed and will stop at nothing until he takes Attuma's head and throne.
    Although his bloodthirst knows no end Namor is a very smart person, and knows to kill only those that would oppose him, through his charisma he has built an army that would rival any from the world of men. Namor is on his way to becoming king, discovering the truth of his family, and writing the next chapter of his lineage in the blood of his enemies.
    These are both awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imaginary Pal View Post
    94. that would be grand.
    You've selected Quentin Quire!

Time to break the pretty.

Number: 97
    Name: Darkchylde
    Universe: Earth 8956

After getting her soul torn apart a second time during the events of X-Infernus, a Pixie full of hate finally gives in to her dark side and plots the downfall of the girl who destroyed her life and those of her friends. Secretly trained in the dark arts by Layla Miller (who conveniently shows up on Utopia the next day offering to help, for reasons she wouldn't disclose), she waits for a chance to exact her revenge.
    When the government kidnaps her to Limbo, Illyana comes to the rescue. Pixie strikes back.
    A days-long battle of epic proportions ensues between the two, reducing Limbo to a hot, lifeless desert where the suns never set. The two are evenly matched in technique, but Pixie's desire for revenge is so strong it surpasses even Illyana's. Upon realizing her inevitable defeat, in an ultimate act of defiance Illyana teleports Pixie's amulet into a black hole and rips her soul completely, sending the remaining Bloodstones to random dimensions. With open arms and a big smile on her face, she's ready for the final blow, knowing no matter what happens next, her enemy is as doomed as she is.
    More powerful than ever, Pixie conquers what remains of Limbo and seals it off from the rest of the multiverse. Magik is enslaved, her arm chopped off and her amulet magically destroyed: the battle is won, but they both know that the time to fight again will eventually come.
    With no chance for both of them to ever get their humanity back, the two girls now spend their days restlessly plotting against the other, living only to see their nemesis suffer in an endless cycle of revenge, master and slave that even death might not be able to break.

^ Fantastic work, Sanji.
    chilling.
    might give me a few bad dreams..
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

If I have time this weekend I'll whip up Shrimp universe Hepzibah. Just have to finish some life drawings.