Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

I know I've been greedy with this X-Jam, but I just couldn't let fair Selene wither away in the cold from neglect!
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

It's fine! I'll imagine we'll have a few more drop outs before the deadline. I'm going to be pming everyone again to see if they are going to be finished by the deadline. Either way it will be a fairly good sized jam picture.

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    It's fine! I'll imagine we'll have a few more drop outs before the deadline. I'm going to be pming everyone again to see if they are going to be finished by the deadline. Either way it will be a fairly good sized jam picture.
    Unfortunately... I'm going to have to be one of those. I'm sorry. :( I hate to let a jam go without putting in an entry.

Long story short... I'm currently in the middle of a job search. My time really needs to go towards that portfolio and all of the other "must find a job ASAP" chores.

I'll toss Cypher back up for grabs.

There are two pieces floating out there that I promised to color. THOSE I will do. I won't leave you hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Unfortunately... I'm going to have to be one of those. I'm sorry. :( I hate to let a jam go without putting in an entry.

Long story short... I'm currently in the middle of a job search. My time really needs to go towards that portfolio and all of the other "must find a job ASAP" chores.

I'll toss Cypher back up for grabs.

There are two pieces floating out there that I promised to color. THOSE I will do. I won't leave you hanging.
    It's okay! I figured something was up since you hadn't posted it yet, you usually have time for 2 or 3! Thank you for still agreeing to color! I hope to see you in the next jam!

let's finish this! i'll take box! :D

Betsy Braddock's Butler Shafcrawler's Avatar

Feral

Maria Callasantos was born into a very strange, strange world. In the mid-20th Century, around 1954, the earth received distress signals from a space shuttle harbouring alien beings. Humans, out of curiosity, extended a friendly welcome to these beings, very humanoid in appearance, in hopes of learning more from them about the space. What instead happened was a quiet, "friendly" takeover of the Earth, with the Shi'Ar deeming themselves more advanced from the human race and thus, more capable of running matters. From little colonies to cities to states to countries and eventually to continents, the Shi'Ar had taken over the whole world within a year.

Under Shi'Ar rule, humans became third class citizens, with barely any rights. However, when the mutant phenomenon started emerging, it sparked great interest in the Shi'Ar. It intrigued them how these variants in the species were obviously emerging as a step forward towards adaptation and evolution, and they wanted to harness this power and utilise it against threats.
    One mutant by the name of Charles Xavier allied himself with the Shi'Ar, using his telepathic powers and the Shi'Ar construct Cerebro to detect mutants almost at birth.
    Once detected, a mutant baby bearing the X-Gene would be allowed to grow to the age of 2-years-old with their family. They would then be stripped from their families and raised under Shi'Ar protection and observation as elites. It soon became a trend among wealthy Shi'Ars to adopt a mutant, but more as a prized pet than a family member.

This is how Maria grew up, being pampered and taken care of all her life. She looked down on most baseline humans and considered her life perfect. Her physical appearance gained a more feline visage and she gained her superhuman reflexes in her early teens.

However, her secondary mutation of communicating with feline beings emerged around the age of 19, and she chose to keep it a secret from her family. Maria started talking to stray cats around the city and when one of them said it recognises her scent, Maria decided to investigate. This investigation led her to the human boroughs of Los Angeles, filled with poverty and disease. She found her mother and and a younger brother, rotting away from poor healthcare and lack of food. To Maria, it was mercy kill. She did them a favour.

Losing her family like that made her realise how flawed the system was. She started enlightening and gathering more mutants from within the Shi'Ar community and after increasing their numbers enough, started a rebellion. True to her nature, the pet had gone Feral.

*with Feral, I tried to make the story ironic in that she still had to kill her family, albeit under different circumstances. To reflect her fake, hollow existence, I felt very muted tones for her costume worked the best. The little bit of magenta is a nod to her original costume. Tried a different drawing style as well and pretty pleased with the results.*
    "Wolverine, I'm not sure I can trust myself... How can you?" - Psylocke

Betsy Braddock's Butler Shafcrawler's Avatar

Might as well take some more. Sebastian Shaw then? If no one else minds? =)
    "Wolverine, I'm not sure I can trust myself... How can you?" - Psylocke

Fantastic, shaf! I can't wait for Swashbuckler to see!

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Bonus Picture - The X-Puff Kids.

comic to follow shortly...
    Last edited by Green Griffin; 01-03-2013 at 06:22 AM.

lol that's ridiculously amazing. I can't wait for Magne-toto.

And btw, that Feral is beautiful. You are a gifted (wo)man.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    lol that's ridiculously amazing. I can't wait for Magne-toto.

And btw, that Feral is beautiful. You are a gifted (wo)man.
    i'm torn if i should make him a monkey or not.

some of the strips will be titled "The Nightmares of Hank McCoy." "The Bedwetter Saga." "Lets Shop!"

You really have a gift for interesting and creative story telling Shaf, not to mention really beautiful drawing skills. That fur is so well done.
    scmartel.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    i'm torn if i should make him a monkey or not.

some of the strips will be titled "The Nightmares of Hank McCoy." "The Bedwetter Saga." "Lets Shop!"
    lol You should just rip off All New X-Men and make Blue Beast Mojojojo.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

Alternate Selene, coming up!

In this dimension, a girl was born in the Caucasus Mountains 15,000 years ago. She was pale of skin, and sharp of tooth. Her family of nomadic goat herders raised the girl as best they could, but she was a cruel, needy child. When the girl turned 12, and her first moon was upon her, she was taken to the women's hut, as all the girls her age were, and there waited for the mysteries of womanhood to unfurl.

Only the wise woman and the girl emerged from the hut, the rest of the young girls having fallen to the horrible power of the little sharp toothed one. She emerged a full grown woman in her prime, while the other girls were shriveled husks. The wise woman, mature when she entered, emerged ancient and withering too, and barely lived long enough to proclaim the young woman a demon before falling to the ground and disappearing in a cloud of dust.

So too would the rest of her tribe fall, even the goats, until brimming with power and vitality, the young woman took to the open road. Wondering from village to village, over the eons never aging beyond her prime, she eventually found the city of Ur, in the time of Sumeria's prime, 5,000 years ago. It was there that she took the name she would carry with her forever: Sinanna, the moon goddess of love and destruction.

As Sinanna, she was offered all the young lovers she desired, all the homes offering their first borne children as tribute. Draped in the finest silks and gold, she was a priestess in the temple for many centuries, worshiped as a terrible goddess.

Eventually, her wickedness went challenged, when the god-king Gilgamesh refused her advances, and he and his lover Enkidu battled the demon goddess with powers of their own. Humiliated and famished, Sinanna fled Ur, and traversed the lands as a cloaked woman, pinning for revenge. The opportunity would come when she met another strange being, named En Sabath Nur, in the deserts of Egypt.

He was brimming with power of his own, and curiously immune to her psychic vampirism, but found her alluring nonetheless. He agreed to take revenge for her, and the two of them returned to Ur, and killed Enkidu, leaving Gilgamesh alive to wallow in misery for the rest of his days.

The two returned to Egypt and ruled as the Hyksos dynasty before being overwhelmed by starving peasants. They took to the roads again, wandering from local to local, raping and pillaging the peoples for as long as their fear held sway over them, then moving on to the next location when they inevitably rose up against them.

Eventually, they sailed from the old world, and set up New Babylon on the north American continent, where they live to this day. Instead of overtly ruling as they did in the ancient times, they have realized a slightly more subtle game actually garners the best results, and rule from behind the scenes of a well orchestrated puppet government. They still enjoy their baby blood and the rich life essences it garners, but now they do so in the hidden circles of the elite, well removed from the common eyes.

It was in this elite circle that they met Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw, with whom they would form the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club. The telepathic White Queen, casually usurping human business interests with psionic takeovers cloaked in the legalese of finance, and manipulating the minds of billions with her 'educational programs' designed to increase self-doubt and increase the need to compensate through consumerism; the energy absorbing White King, whose military and industrial holdings armed and fueled the world joined Sinanna the Black Queen and En Sabath Nur the Black King, in ruling the world. In truth the two were just using the far younger mutants for their useful talents in managing humans, whom Sinanna and En Sabath Nur look upon as nothing more than food or playthings.
    Last edited by Yogaflame; 01-03-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

this is me channeling my inner skottie young

baby box

deadpool, distraught over the seeming death of cable, broke into dr strange's sanctum sanctorium looking for a spell to bring back cable. but deadpool being deadpool, cast the wrong spell, turning everyone into babies!

box ( madison jeffries) turned into a baby as well, started making big toy robots for the billions of new babies to play with, sending thrm out in big boxes with bows and all.