View Poll Results: Which was the best DC comic released on 11/07/2012?

Voters
53. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Action Comics #14

12 22.64%
  • Animal Man #14

3 5.66%
  • Batwing #14

0 0%
  • Before Watchmen: Moloch #1

0 0%
  • Detective Comics #14

4 7.55%
  • Dial H #6

8 15.09%
  • Earth 2 #6

12 22.64%
  • GI Combat #6

1 1.89%
  • Green Arrow #14

1 1.89%
  • Green Lantern #14

4 7.55%
  • Smallville Season 11 #7

2 3.77%
  • Stormwatch #14

0 0%
  • Swamp Thing #14

5 9.43%
  • Worlds' Finest #6

1 1.89%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I went with Dial H if only just barely. I laughed my butt off in a "That's wrong, but oh so funny" way. Between it all, I actually enjoyed seeing how our two dialers bounced off each other. You can feel for the 'rookie's' desire to get out and DO something, and yet totally see how the more responsible senior member is going to have to hold him in check. This could end up being a truly great friendship in comics.

Earth 2 had, obviously, a lot more action. And it was so close a second place that any other day it could be #1. the art continues to dazzle, and I'll say it again, in a lot of ways THIS is what Justice League should have been. I can totally understand Hawkgirl and Jay's annoyance at Alan at the end of it but that's a sort of tension that seems a lot more realistic than juvenile barbs or heroes deciding to fight each other over ego problems.

They may have just killed Earth 2's space program though :)

Despite my trashing of how JL started, they come across pretty well in the Green Lantern issue this week.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Went with Dial H, with both Animal Man and Swamp Thing running a close second. AM and ST are the best issues in a while for those books.
    If you're not reading Unwritten you should be.

This was a really hard week to decide on a book of the week, mostly because almost everything I read was really good this week. However, I decided on Detective Comics this week, since I found it to be both a well written story and absolutely fun issue, with great art. Here's my break down:

Detective Comics: 5/5
    Animal Man:5/5
    Swamp Thing:5/5
    Dial H: 4.5/5 (A cooldown issue, but still really good)

Yeah, I know, I rated everything high. But they were all really good!

Still waiting to get my Action Comics and Green Lantern in the mail, but the reviews are strong for both of these. Just a great week by DC overall.
    - Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Red_10 View Post
    Went with Dial H, with both Animal Man and Swamp Thing running a close second. AM and ST are the best issues in a while for those books.
    I agree. I think the whole Rotworld storyline has piqued my interest in these titles after they were waning over the previous arcs.
    - Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
    Winston Churchill

Earth 2 #6 with Green Lantern #14 a close second.

Animal Man just beat out Swampy for me. Dial H came in 3rd, with Action & Earth 2 as #4's.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

not very many people voted this week.

Action Comics #14 with Earth-2 close second.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder