Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    i laughed when Flash said "i hope it was Guy Gardner...im going to hell for saying that arnt i?" we've all had those moments when you immediately regret what just came out of your mouth. "damn, even i thought that was over the line."
    Guy never made friends easy and was never part of any League or sub-League that Barry was a part of, so certainly Barry might be thinking "Man, I really like Hal and John and Kyle", no surprise there. But all I could think about was that Guy was a washed out cop, and Barry is not a washed out cop.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmehshow View Post
    The guardians will be replaced by the other guardians who were locked away.
    I hope we get Ganthet back first.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I hope we get Ganthet back first.
    I think Kyle is gonna use his (short lived, I bet) mastery over the emotional spectrum to give Ganthet his "soul" back, then Ganthet can lead the hobbit Guardians.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    I think Kyle is gonna use his (short lived, I bet) mastery over the emotional spectrum to give Ganthet his "soul" back, then Ganthet can lead the hobbit Guardians.
    I sure hope so. I miss "The good Guardian"
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

I quite liked the issue. Was nice seeing that the First Lantern isn't some victim and that there was a very valid reason the Oans imprisoned him long ago. Now they are playing with fire and I won't be surprised if the First Lantern escapes but not before he kills the Guardians with the Hidden Ones along with Ganthet replacing their fallen mad kin. One thing I really do hope though is that they don't drag this for ages but don't rush it either. War of the Green Lanterns had lots of holes in the plotline and even Blackest Night had some questions that were never answered. So, really hoping Rise of the Third Army doesn't disappoint.

Also, I really hope that this 'Dead Zone' Hal and Sinestro are in is where Nekron resides as I would love another origin story being presented to them from the king of the dead of the GL verse.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    i laughed when Flash said "i hope it was Guy Gardner...im going to hell for saying that arnt i?" we've all had those moments when you immediately regret what just came out of your mouth. "damn, even i thought that was over the line."
    What I liked the most from that scene is if Wally would have said that line he would'nt have feel bad at all (He would have joked his way out of it though) while Barry inmediately felt remorseful.

And that my friends, is the fundamental difference between the two of them.

This issue is why I love Johns GL. Humour, Excitement and touching moments(the scene with the sister) Baz is growing into an enjoyable character

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    I quite liked the issue. Was nice seeing that the First Lantern isn't some victim and that there was a very valid reason the Oans imprisoned him long ago. Now they are playing with fire and I won't be surprised if the First Lantern escapes but not before he kills the Guardians with the Hidden Ones along with Ganthet replacing their fallen mad kin. One thing I really do hope though is that they don't drag this for ages but don't rush it either. War of the Green Lanterns had lots of holes in the plotline and even Blackest Night had some questions that were never answered. So, really hoping Rise of the Third Army doesn't disappoint.
    The more I see the First Lantern, the more I'm convinced that it's Superboy Prime who survived the reboot, but for some reason found himself at the beginning of time in nDCU, maybe without his memory and met the Guardians there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    The more I see the First Lantern, the more I'm convinced that it's Superboy Prime who survived the reboot, but for some reason found himself at the beginning of time in nDCU, maybe without his memory and met the Guardians there.
    No, nothing about the character seems to relate to Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    Personally, I think its more likely the First Lantern will be a brand new character for the Lantern mythos. Geoff Johns tends to try to create new characters and reinvent a handful of older ones if it serves as a big purpose in the story. He did that with Krona and Nekron because they had a huge point in the story. Not so sure if Superboy Prime can accomplish the same but its possible.

I jumped on at issue #0, so this issue confused me a bit? So basically, the Guardians went to the prison with the First Lantern, who was guarded by different Guardians. They used the First Lantern to create the Third Army and they locked Black Hand and the good Guardians in the prison that the First Lantern was in, deep in space near a black hole.

I thought this good issue liked that Baz didn't want fight the League and knew didn't stand a chance especially against Superman also liked when Baz said he could take Batman and that Bruce said he a Green Lantern alright I thought that was funny also liked to know who was with Hal and Sinestro in dead zone lot of stuff happend in this issue overall was great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
    No, nothing about the character seems to relate to Prime.
    Well, the Guardians said he is "an emotional sadist and a reality-bending monster". It may be someone else or entirely new character for sure, but Prime definitely fits this description. Also, his dialogues sound a lot like him.

I liked the issue. Still dont like Baz. I'm just not a fan of the whole Fast and Furious vibe he gives off. It looked like Atrositus got changed into a Third Army thing in one of the panels. Did that happen? I dont read Red Lanterns. I would love to see Superboy Prime come back, but I thought the whole point of the New 52 was to reboot stuff like the whole Crisis story to make it more new reader friendly. Then again, GL has kept its mythos intact in the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudepool View Post
    I liked the issue. Still dont like Baz. I'm just not a fan of the whole Fast and Furious vibe he gives off. It looked like Atrositus got changed into a Third Army thing in one of the panels. Did that happen? I dont read Red Lanterns. I would love to see Superboy Prime come back, but I thought the whole point of the New 52 was to reboot stuff like the whole Crisis story to make it more new reader friendly. Then again, GL has kept its mythos intact in the New 52.
    I think thats the scene where you see the Third Army attacking Atrocitus and his comrades in Red Lanterns but no he hasn't been assimilated yet. If anything, based on the covers for future issues, I think its safe to say that Atrocitus does survive and comes back with a vengeance.