Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Avengers Academy #39 *Spoilers*

Absolutely adored this issue.
    -Starts with Hazmat confronting the teachers in a flash forward about knowing they are at risk teens.
    -Cuts to Finesse in training. X-23 confronts her, and tells her that "We are no longer friends"
    -Striker gets encouragement from Veil to go to a kid's prom. The kid saw his "It gets better" video and wanted to be with Striker. Striker, though reluctant, goes.
    -Mettle and Hazmat are told that they can't be cured the same way again because their bodies are immune to the cure now.
    -Mettle follows Hazmat to her room, and they say how they don't feel as bad about themselves anymore. Cue Mettle picking up Hazmat in his arms, and then a outside shot of a window growing green.
    -Finesse is walking around saddened. Karolina Dean and Julie Power appear overhead and kiss. Finesse sees White Tiger and Reptil about to make out on the beach.
    -Finesse then sits down next to Quicksilver who is watching Downton Abbey. She starts to cry, and Pietro tells her "For some, these will be the best years of their lives. Yours will only get better."
    -Brandon and the boy are on the balcony about to kiss, but then Striker's mom calls asking them to pose for the camera the kiss. Striker shocks the phone and says that he and the kid should go dance inside.
    -Cue Hank Pym giving the kids 3rd level passes to the Avengers, where they have 2 more years before becoming full Avengers. Hazmat then confronts them with what she says at the beginning of the issue.
    -The teachers explain that they did think them dangerous at first, but not anymore, and even Hawkeye says that he was at risk and the kids are alright.
    -Jocasta informs them that they are merging Jeremy Brigg's program with the Avengers so that all kids can participate.
    -X-23 feels down cause Finesse is getting away with murder, and she won't tell on her to expel her.
    -Finesse then starts accessing secure files on the Avenger's computers.
    -Veil then has to go back to High School because she has no powers. She gets picked on, but then beats up the girl and guy who were demean her, lifting her spirits that she's not just normal.

The End.

I really liked this. It was a sweet ending and it just is a good way to leave off the series.

Also, the farewell letter from Christos Gage is also great. Thanking the girl from Fuckyeahavengersacademy tumblr site.

I'm going to miss this book. Thank you Christos Gage for making it so great. (Don't be so hard on yourself! We all wanted it to succeed and told people to try it!)
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 11-07-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    -Finesse then sits down next to Quicksilver who is watching Downton Abbey. She starts to cry, and Pietro tells her "These are the best years of your life, they'll get better."
    Just a correction. He says "For some, these will be the best years of their lives. Yours will only get better." The way you worded it made Pietro seem like a jerk, haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Just a correction. He says "For some, these will be the best years of their lives. Yours will only get better." The way you worded it made Pietro seem like a jerk, haha.
    I'll correct it.

Cool, S/D. That was fast.

I like how Gage ended the series the way it began: a scene of Veil getting picked on in high school. Only this time she's in control. It's nice at least one character is getting a relatively happy ending.

Power, Unlimited Power MythicBrawn's Avatar

Great issue. I especially liked the ending with Veil. It reminded me of Hit-Girl, where she had to handle her bully. Veil's time in high school should be uneventful because absolutely no one is going to mess with her. And, the burly jock dude has to live down getting beat up by a girl.

I'm buying this and several back issues.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Glad it was good! Sorry to see the series go.

And one last time...

Was Penance/Hollow in it? ;D

Well it's over.Avengers Academy is finally over.It was such a great ride and many thanks to Mr. Gage and all the artist involved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Glad it was good! Sorry to see the series go.

And one last time...

Was Penance/Hollow in it? ;D
    Sorry. Just the main kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Sorry. Just the main kids.
    Hehe, aww, I thought there might be a wide shot of the student body at some point, lol. Okay, thanks. ^^

if anyone wants to read most of this series marvel comics digital unlimited has most of the series up. its only 9.99 a month great deal.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Wonder what Finesse is looking for.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Poor Finesse. She really drove everyone away and will probably become a villain. I hope not.

So I guess Finesse never took the blank slate antidote.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofMadCows View Post
    So I guess Finesse never took the blank slate antidote.
    I think we saw her taking it, actually.

Great end to a great series. Finesse crying was a nice touch. I also liked how Gage bookended the series with Maddie in high school.

Also, two same-sex kisses, one from each gender. That's neat. Doesn't happen often.