Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You try telling a person with a loaded gun that you used them. Just sayin.
    You wouldn't? Pussy. I wouldn't stop at telling them I used them, I'd go into excruciating detail into how and why it was the best thing to do. Then, when they are surprised, I'd casual walk away and hope like hell they're too startled to gun me down.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Shame this book went on this long. Had it ended at Fear Itself it would have been more fondly remembered by me at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'd rather the 18 some odd months of good comics to 40 months of mediocre comics.
    I actually agree completely.

Final Exam was a good arc but other than that....meh

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    No, She ran off on them in X-23. Hellion even came after her, until he got stabbed by Hellverine.
    Right, and they were all chummy towards X-23 and completely supportive of her before she ran off.

It was made clear that everyone pretty much ignored X-23 after "Second Coming" and none of her friends ever bothered trying to hear her side of the story and learn why she joined X-Force and why she lied to them about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    You wouldn't? Pussy. I wouldn't stop at telling them I used them, I'd go into excruciating detail into how and why it was the best thing to do. Then, when they are surprised, I'd casual walk away and hope like hell they're too startled to gun me down.
    Look at Mr. Internet Tough Guy.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Look at Mr. Internet Tough Guy.
    I read it more as taking refuge in audacity. Good for him if he can do it.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    ROTFLMAO,

That is one of the cleverest ways to to commit suicide of terminal stupidity I have ever read. But in might work since y the person could decide to gut shoot you so you die slow
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by KingofMadCows View Post
    Right, and they were all chummy towards X-23 and completely supportive of her before she ran off.

It was made clear that everyone pretty much ignored X-23 after "Second Coming" and none of her friends ever bothered trying to hear her side of the story and learn why she joined X-Force and why she lied to them about it.
    Yes, the community where Elixir, Warpath, Domino, Archangel and Wolverine of the same X-Force, where Gambit, Frenzy and Random of the organisation that made X-Force neccesary, Magneto and Toad, Danger who killed a student at Xaviers were ALL welcomed with open arms shunned X-23 for her awful X-Force involvement. Get real.

But let's actually look at X-23 #1`and the awful unanimous demonising X received at the hands of her friends.

Laura spies on Hellion, sees him be a jerk to someone else cause he lost his hands, doesn't make her presence known.

Laura makes friends with Storm.
    Page 16 onwards:
    Rockslide: You would. Hey Hellion, Guess what I heard about your crazy girlfriend.
    Hellion: My Crazy-- Oh. Don't call her that.
    Surge: Your girlfriend or crazy?
    Hellion: What did you hea?
    Rockslide: That she doesn't sleep in her room anymore. She's always outside instead.
    Surge: Speak of the devil.
    Hellion: Stop it.
    Surge: So NOW you come to say hello?
    Hellion: Shut it, Surge.
    Surge: No. She's the one that blablakillsquad, didn't tell us, her so-called "friends".
    Anole: Nori, stop.
    Hellion: Hey.
    X-23: Hey.
    *Hellion makes awkward onesided conversation with Laura.*
    Laura: I have missed you.
    Hellion: You'ver never said that to me before.
    Laura: You know I'm not good with word. Or anything else.
    Surge: Precious.
    Rockslide: I'm gonna barf.
    Dust: I think they're beautiful. You should both be ashamed of yourselves for being so cruel to Laura, especially after all she's done for us.
    Rockslide: If she can't take a little ribbing, then maybe she should have let us in on what was going on.
    Dust: What's in the past doesn't matter.
    Anole: Come on guys.
    Surge: I'm sorry, but she was suppose to be here to learn how NOT to kill people.
    Rockslide: Yeah. No offense, Laura, But I feel like you're more freaky now than when you got here.
    Anole: Oh right, that's not offensive.
    (this goes on for a while, Dust says Surge is being a b-word. Laura actually sticks up for self, Cyclops comes to collect Laura and tells Surge her attidute sucks.)
    Then she skips town during the assignment she is sent on.

So basically with "everyone" you mean, Surge and sometimes some ribbing from Rockslide. Anole, Dust, and Hellion had no grudge and were totally sticking up for her. Of the rest of her friends we only know that Pixie was totally willing to cheerfully hang out with Warpath and Domino of the same X-Force.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 11-11-2012 at 04:10 AM.

X-23 was an utter bitch to the NXM (especially Hellion). I thought it was obvious..?

Yes, the community where Elixir, Warpath, Domino, Archangel and Wolverine of the same X-Force, where Gambit, Frenzy and Random of the organisation that made X-Force neccesary, Magneto and Toad, Danger who killed a student at Xaviers were ALL welcomed with open arms shunned X-23 for her awful X-Force involvement. Get real.

But let's actually look at X-23 #1`and the awful unanimous demonising X received at the hands of her friends.

Laura spies on Hellion, sees him be a jerk to someone else cause he lost his hands, doesn't make her presence known.

Laura makes friends with Storm.
    Page 16 onwards:
    Rockslide: You would. Hey Hellion, Guess what I heard about your crazy girlfriend.
    Hellion: My Crazy-- Oh. Don't call her that.
    Surge: Your girlfriend or crazy?
    Hellion: What did you hea?
    Rockslide: That she doesn't sleep in her room anymore. She's always outside instead.
    Surge: Speak of the devil.
    Hellion: Stop it.
    Surge: So NOW you come to say hello?
    Hellion: Shut it, Surge.
    Surge: No. She's the one that blablakillsquad, didn't tell us, her so-called "friends".
    Anole: Nori, stop.
    Hellion: Hey.
    X-23: Hey.
    *Hellion makes awkward onesided conversation with Laura.*
    Laura: I have missed you.
    Hellion: You'ver never said that to me before.
    Laura: You know I'm not good with word. Or anything else.
    Surge: Precious.
    Rockslide: I'm gonna barf.
    Dust: I think they're beautiful. You should both be ashamed of yourselves for being so cruel to Laura, especially after all she's done for us.
    Rockslide: If she can't take a little ribbing, then maybe she should have let us in on what was going on.
    Dust: What's in the past doesn't matter.
    Anole: Come on guys.
    Surge: I'm sorry, but she was suppose to be here to learn how NOT to kill people.
    Rockslide: Yeah. No offense, Laura, But I feel like you're more freaky now than when you got here.
    Anole: Oh right, that's not offensive.
    (this goes on for a while, Dust says Surge is being a b-word. Laura actually sticks up for self, Cyclops comes to collect Laura and tells Surge her attidute sucks.)
    Then she skips town during the assignment she is sent on.

So basically with "everyone" you mean, Surge and sometimes some ribbing from Rockslide. Anole, Dust, and Hellion had no grudge and were totally sticking up for her. Of the rest of her friends we only know that Pixie was totally willing to cheerfully hang out with Warpath and Domino of the same X-Force.
    Where exactly did I say that X-23 was unanimously demonized? I said that she was shunned and feared, I didn't say that her friends verbally abused her and attacked her at every opportunity. You're creating a strawman to support your own position.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Because she knew it would make X-23 mad.
    It's ludicrous for it to have made X-23 mad. Her reaction should have been, "Damn girl, I didn't give you enough credit to do that. Good on you." Finesse didn't force her to kill like her Facility handlers. Jeremy Briggs was more like the people from The Facility in this situation.

Well, they did all pretty much just abandon X-23 after they found out that she was in X-Force. In fact, throughout her whole life, X-23 has been feared and shunned by people who didn't understand her and didn't bother to try to learn about her. It is rather hypocritical for her to do the same thing to Finesse without at least trying to understand her motivations.
    They didn't abandon her. They tried to interact with her, but she wasn't having it. Her boyfriend even followed her across the country to bond with her, and she basically told him to eff off. I mean, I can't blame her because it's Hellion, but still...
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 11-12-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

But it's not a matter of perspectives. It just doesn't make much sense for Finesse to think that it would be a good idea to lie to X-23. How could they be friends if Finesse doesn't understand X-23's aversion to being controlled and used as a weapon? Also, as I mentioned before, X-23 has always been shunned and feared by people who didn't understand her. It doesn't make much sense for her to subject Finesse to similar treatment by not to giving her a chance to explain why she lied.

Except one of Finesse's defining traits is that she's a very logical person. She's basically the Spock of the team.
    Finesse wasn't going to tell Laura what she did as soon as she got up because the other students would likely have overheard. She shouldh have told Laura later that day but Finesse isn't exactly great at these sort of things.

I think she was right to do what she did but that she should have told Laura what she had done after they were alone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    They didn't abandon her. They tried to interact with her, but she wasn't having it. Her boyfriend even followed her across the country to bond with her, and she basically told him to eff off. I mean, I can't blame her because it's Hellion, but still...
    They didn't talk to her until she happened to run into them and it was several days, if not weeks, after "Second Coming." Plus the demon possessing Logan was playing with her mind and Scott and Emma really dropped the ball there and didn't do anything about her strange behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pipes View Post
    Finesse wasn't going to tell Laura what she did as soon as she got up because the other students would likely have overheard. She shouldh have told Laura later that day but Finesse isn't exactly great at these sort of things.

I think she was right to do what she did but that she should have told Laura what she had done after they were alone.
    I wasn't suggesting that Finesse tell X-23 right after the battle. She should have done it as soon as they had a chance to be alone.

They didn't talk to her until she happened to run into them and it was several days, if not weeks, after "Second Coming."
    And this is because THEY were avoiding her, is it? It's not like she was the one avoiding her own room and the one we see hiding in the bushes from them. And you tell me exactly what makes you think it's been several days, nay, WEEKS since Second Coming. And even if it was, I hardly know that the X-kids have been given a memo from the senior X-Men that states "X-Force included Laura, but has now been disbanded, if she's not around to hang out like she's hasn't been since we left the school, it's not because she's on a mission anymore, it's wholly on YOU guys, jerks."

There's nothing in the dialogue that suggests that the X-kids all of the sudden fear and actively shun her now.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 11-12-2012 at 01:01 PM.

And this is because THEY were avoiding her, is it? It's not like she was the one avoiding her own room and the one we see hiding in the bushes from them. And you tell me exactly what makes you think it's been several days, nay, WEEKS since Second Coming. And even if it was, I hardly know that the X-kids have been given a memo from the senior X-Men that states "X-Force included Laura, but has now been disbanded, if she's not around to hang out like she's hasn't been since we left the school, it's not because she's on a mission anymore, it's wholly on YOU guys, jerks."

There's nothing in the dialogue that suggests that the X-kids all of the sudden fear and actively shun her now.
    X-23 started during "Wolverine Goes to Hell," which could not have taken place immediately after "Second Coming."

And maybe you didn't notice but the reason why X-23 was hiding in the bushes and sleeping in the woods was because the demon possessing Wolverine was messing with her mind, causing her to have nightmares, and making her think that she might kill everyone. There was nothing to indicate that she was avoiding people prior to Wolverine getting possessed. Everyone treated her normally in all her appearances outside of X-Force while she was on X-Force. X-23 was even in "Pixie Strikes Back" while she was on X-Force, she acted fine around everyone, she participated in social activities with her friends, and everyone treated her normally.

X-23 started during "Wolverine Goes to Hell," which could not have taken place immediately after "Second Coming."

And maybe you didn't notice but the reason why X-23 was hiding in the bushes and sleeping in the woods was because the demon possessing Wolverine was messing with her mind, causing her to have nightmares, and making her think that she might kill everyone. There was nothing to indicate that she was avoiding people prior to Wolverine getting possessed. Everyone treated her normally in all her appearances outside of X-Force while she was on X-Force. X-23 was even in "Pixie Strikes Back" while she was on X-Force, she acted fine around everyone, she participated in social activities with her friends, and everyone treated her normally.
    I'm not saying X-23 didn't have a problem she needed to leave the island for. I'm saying her friends abandoning, fearing, ignoring, actively refusing to hear out about her side of the story, and shunning her over X-Force of all things wasn't one of them. And I have no idea why you believe this. Half these people are comfortable with the captain of this fearsome X-Force as their headmaster, Wolverine being someone they already knew had a killrecord that dwarfs anything X-Force ever got up too, and has already gone evil and attacked the school not too long ago. The other half wanted to stay with the guy that created X-Force even after 14-year old Idie turned into a killer under his watch Even back when Laura first showed up and Wolverine just told them she's been trained to kill all her life and that she's his clone, none of them had a problem with her (well, Hellion didn't like Laura following him around like a long lost puppy at first but that's about it). And again, Pixie has no problem hanging out with Domino. There is absolutely no indication in the text they had such a gigantic problem with X-Force.