Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

I really wanted to like this title because Iron Man is my favorite Avenger, and Gillen is my favorite current Marvel writer. But the story just isn't doing it for me (only the first issue and i hope it picks up by the 2nd) and the "art" is just too boring and lifeless. Plus, the last panel where we see Tony from inside the helmet....where was his stache?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    I really wanted to like this title because Iron Man is my favorite Avenger, and Gillen is my favorite current Marvel writer. But the story just isn't doing it for me (only the first issue and i hope it picks up by the 2nd) and the "art" is just too boring and lifeless. Plus, the last panel where we see Tony from inside the helmet....where was his stache?
    Again...proof that people are quite litterally just hopping on a bandwagon without actually having read the issue.

I don't care if people seriously don't like Land. Or don't like the story. What I'm talking about when I say bandwagon is exactly this kind of crap, and this thread is full of this BS.

Read the book, at the very least before expressing an "opinion". Geezuz.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

BANNED

This sucked. Worst Marvel NOW book so far. I can't believe they have the balls to double ship this book and make it 3.99. I'm dropping this book like its hot

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Again...proof that people are quite litterally just hopping on a bandwagon without actually having read the issue.

I don't care if people seriously don't like Land. Or don't like the story. What I'm talking about when I say bandwagon is exactly this kind of crap, and this thread is full of this BS.

Read the book, at the very least before expressing an "opinion". Geezuz.

Why you Mad Bro?

Why you Mad Bro?
    I'm not angry. Just a little annoyed.

I don't think it's right for people to be expressing such vehement opinions when they haven't read the books.

If you've not bothered to read it, and site a distaste for Gillen's writing or Land's art as the reason....fair enough.

Coming on here and claiming to have read the book and then declaring it shite (when your comments make it clear that you have not) is disrespectful of the creators, the work itself, and your fellow posters trying to have a discussion.

If people aren't even being honest about something as simple as having read the book or not....what's the point of any of these discussions? I mean, seriously? It's just all a giant farce.

I'm not angry. Just a little annoyed.

I don't think it's right for people to be expressing such vehement opinions when they haven't read the books.

If you've not bothered to read it, and site a distaste for Gillen's writing or Land's art as the reason....fair enough.

Coming on here and claiming to have read the book and then declaring it shite (when your comments make it clear that you have not) is disrespectful of the creators, the work itself, and your fellow posters trying to have a discussion.

If people aren't even being honest about something as simple as having read the book or not....what's the point of any of these discussions? I mean, seriously? It's just all a giant farce.
    i didn't declare that i didn't enjoy the first issue in which i said i hope it picks up steam by the 2nd (which it should because that's how arcs work.) and how do you get i have distaste for Gillen when i said he was my favorite current Marvel writer (SWORD being his best work IMO) but you did get it right that i'm not a fan of Land.

plus i have read the book considering i mention the last panel where Tony is missing his stache.

plus i have read the book considering i mention the last panel where Tony is missing his stache.
    He's missing it for half the book. It's a plot point.

So, no, you have not read the book.

He's missing it for half the book. It's a plot point.

So, no, you have not read the book.
    oh but i have.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Nah, thats not gonna fly on CBR.

I've seen it happen to creators (sup Snyder, Aaron) and Gillen will be next.

Hickman too eventually and thats a damn shame.
    Yeah, that's comics fans.

A few years ago, Bendis was the best thing around but now "some" fans have completely turned against him. The same will happen with Gillen, it's started with Remender and Fraction and I suspect Hickman will be next on the list. Even very successful and talented artists like Bachalo are being hated on (which is completely new to me because I thought everyone loved Bachalo).

That being said, message boards are like echo chambers and I've seen a whole lot of that in this thread as a good chunk of folks commenting clearly haven't read the book which isn't the best.

Now, i'm not saying the book is very good or anything but I think feed back to Marvel would be more helpful if their product is actually experienced.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Now, i'm not saying the book is very good or anything but I think feed back to Marvel would be more helpful if their product is actually experienced.
    Hahaha! Truth.

I'm not quite sure how I became the book's defender here. I'm no fan of Stark at the very best of times. I'm only reading this because I've convinced my friend to start reading with this issue (she's a HUGE Iron Man fan via the movies). I'm just following along in case she has questions or wants to geek out on it with someone.

I was more or less bored the entire issue. No artist or writer could change that for me though. I don't like Stark. :p

Pepper was awesome though. Loved her scenes and can't wait for her to pop up again. If I'm going to be reading Iron Man for the conceivable future, I'd like lots of Pepper. :D

I picked this up even though I really don't like the character. The writer is simply one that I can't ignore, the "artist" is one that I simply try to ignore.

Kind of a meh issue but I trust KG enough to give it another shot
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I went ahead and picked up this book, though I've never been much of a fan of the Iron Man comics (love the movies though). With this being a good starting point supposedly, I figured why not? I think the story itself was decent and I was intrigued by Maya Hansen and the circumstances leading to her capture and forced rebuilding of Extremis, but the art is making it hard to continue reading. That alone made this book a chore, but I really want to see what comes next. I'll probably hang on for this first arc, and if Land is till the artist I may drop it.

I think this book was quite all right. It wasn’t revolutionary good, but good enough for me wanting to pick up some more issues to see if it will make my pull-list.

As for Land, I actually found the art to be pretty good. Maybe I haven’t seen enough of his art to be annoyed by recognizing the same poses used before, but I kind of like art that almost looks like it’s pictures I’m looking at. At least, for me it’s far better than art where you hardly can see that it’s a human that is being drawn, like the art of Ramos, for instance. That being said, it does somewhat annoy me if all female characters are drawn with huge tits and no hips, and I must say that Tony’s facial expressions also didn’t seem quite right. He kind of looks really smug, and like someone I really wouldn’t trust, if I met someone looking like that irl.
    If my words and grammar are not correct, that's because English is not my native language! My English would have been far worse if I hadn't read original comics for decades though!

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Hahaha! Truth.

I'm not quite sure how I became the book's defender here. I'm no fan of Stark at the very best of times. I'm only reading this because I've convinced my friend to start reading with this issue (she's a HUGE Iron Man fan via the movies). I'm just following along in case she has questions or wants to geek out on it with someone.

I was more or less bored the entire issue. No artist or writer could change that for me though. I don't like Stark. :p

Pepper was awesome though. Loved her scenes and can't wait for her to pop up again. If I'm going to be reading Iron Man for the conceivable future, I'd like lots of Pepper. :D
    I'm not a big Iron Man fan either but I was willing to give this a shot.

My biggest problem with the book was that it wasn't anything new or fresh.

It was a good book that set up what's to come pretty well but it just seemed like something we had seen before.

That being said, I will continue to read it as Gillen is a pretty competent writer (he's not the second coming or anything but he's pretty good).
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    I'd be hard-pressed to think of any art that I found worse than his humans in this issue.
    Larry Stroman