Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tanrage View Post
    Well it's been a while sine I read the books but the period she was sane was pretty short if memory serves, she didn't have time to wrack up much in the way of heinous acts...
    Absolutely.

My only issue with that is that she didn't get a chance to do more horrid things...so she didn't do them. Probably would have. But didn't.

Whereas someone like Cheshire did actually detonate a nuke inside a city because people didn't give in to her blackmailing. :(

I tend to go by 'what did they actually do?' rather than 'what might they have done?', but I understand if people go the other way. :)

On another note, it's a shame Julian May doesn't feel she has another mental wattage to write another series, there's a couple of heavily hinted at things that we never got to see, including my personal favorite theory: The Felice/Culluket entity possessing Maddy's mindless body (check the family trees in the back, unlike other characters who were died or implied to have died she isn't given a year of death)
    Interesting idea. We do know it's still out there.

Cassandra Nova was pretty evil. Slaughtered millions of mutants just to get back at Charles, not to mention countless billions in the Shiiar empire while mind controlling Lilandra... In fact just about everything she did was a stab at Charles. Including stealing his body, sleeping with Lilandra, and then telling her she was terrible in bed and making her attempt suicide LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Absolutely.

My only issue with that is that she didn't get a chance to do more horrid things...so she didn't do them. Probably would have. But didn't.

Whereas someone like Cheshire did actually detonate a nuke inside a city because people didn't give in to her blackmailing. :(

I tend to go by 'what did they actually do?' rather than 'what might they have done?', but I understand if people go the other way. :)
    Android 18, posted earlier, was slaughtering millions and killed just about all of the Z-Fighters alongside her bro in Trunks's timeline. Just because they could.
    The primary timeline one was pretty chill though.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Nobody's put Dolores Umbridge yet???
    Eh, Bellatrix was far worse. Heck, Alecto Carrow was worse, according to Neville. Umbridge wasn't even a Death Eater, she just kinda thought they had the right idea.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Eh, Bellatrix was far worse. Heck, Alecto Carrow was worse, according to Neville. Umbridge wasn't even a Death Eater, she just kinda thought they had the right idea.
    Yeah, Umbridge and even the chief Death Eaters and Voldemort himself kinda top off at Nazi General/Hitler levels of evil wheras several of the ladies mentioned are cheerful walking global Holocausts.

In Dakki's case its kind of a grey area since, even though she was a man-eating monster who did so many horrifyingly excessive acts of torture and nation crushing while clearly enjoying herself, spoilers:
    she was working for the significantly worse and more powerful Jyoka and was completely enamored with the idea of manipulating events to become a benevolent Earth Goddess in order to foil her boss' OCD plans.
    end of spoilers
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    What sets Medusa apart is really her treatment of Chrona her own child. Everything else is pretty standard sadistic mad scientist of the extreme variety. But what she's put Chrona through really pushes Medusa to the next level.

She made her own child sit in a dark room for days on end with no food forcing the kid to think up ways on how to kill things and then demonstrating it. Then she made the same kid's body the home of a bullying douchebag of a spirit weapon. Next she allowed Chrona to get friends just so that she could be forced to betray and abandon them all so that they're were just distant and painful memories. In the end Chrona was so broken that the only thing needed to make him/her snap was a loving embrace from Medusa. The whole thing was so foreign to Chrona that (s)he straight up slaughtered Medusa, who just laughed and laughed. And that's just the stuff we're shown.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    The evil women in fiction tend to be crazy, and I consider mental illness to undermine any measurement of pure evil. You want to hear about really evil women, look to history:

http://www.yoshke.com/2009/03/top-9-...en-in-history/

I knew about a few of these women, like Queen Mary, Jiang Qing, and especially Elizabeth Bathory. But they are all horrible, evil women that put Cersi Lannister or Mystique to shame.
    I just saw this thread today, but yeah, Bathory for the win. She was one scary bitch. Cersi Lannister's worst day of "evil" is Bathory on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    It ends in...

...wait, nevermind.
    Say it.....
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I just saw this thread today, but yeah, Bathory for the win. She was one scary bitch. Cersi Lannister's worst day of "evil" is Bathory on vacation.
    For Bathory, evil is an understatement.

From Wikipedia -
    Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed (Báthory Erzsébet in Hungarian, Alžbeta Bátoriová in Slovak; 7 August 1560 – 21 August 1614) was acountess from the renowned Báthory family of nobility in the Kingdom of Hungary. Although the number of murders is debated, she has been labeled the most prolific female serial killer in history and is remembered as the “Blood Countess.”

After her husband Ferenc Nádasdy’s death, she and four collaborators were accused of torturing and killing hundreds of girls, with one witness attributing to them over 650 victims, though the number for which they were convicted was 80. Elizabeth herself was neither tried nor convicted. In 1610, she was imprisoned in the Csejte Castle, now in Slovakia and known as Čachtice, where she remained bricked in a set of rooms until her death four years later.

Later writings about the case have led to legendary accounts of the Countess bathing in the blood of virgins to retain her youth and subsequently also to comparisons with Vlad III the Impaler of Wallachia, on whom the fictional Count Dracula is partly based, and to modern nicknames of the Blood Countess and Countess Dracula.

Her initial victims were the adolescent daughters of local peasants, many of whom were lured to Csejte by offers of well-paid work as maidservants in the castle. Later, she is said to have begun to kill daughters of the lesser gentry, who were sent to her by their parents to learn courtly etiquette. Abductions were said to have occurred as well. The atrocities described most consistently included severe beatings, burning or mutilation of hands, biting the flesh off the faces, arms and other body parts, freezing or starving to death and sexual abuse. The use of needles was also mentioned by the collaborators in court.

Erzsebet continued to use torture after her husbands death, and even refined her methods. The unhappy girls who were lured to the castle, under the plea that they were to be taken into service there, were locked up in a cellar. Here they were beaten till their bodies were swollen. Elizabeth sometimes tortured the victims herself; often she changed their clothes which dripped with blood, and then renewed her cruelties. The swollen bodies were then cut up with razors. Occasionally she had the girls burned, and then cut up, but the great majority of them were beaten to death. Many accounts say that she was psychotic, and that her mental illness grew worse with age.
    The dreams and ideas of free men are as an army of shadows, and as impossible to strike down...
    "Yes, you're better than you ever were, but I'm still me."

Then at one point, she decides to blackmail the world with a nuclear device. When the world doesn't kow-tow to her demands, she detonates it over the capital city of Qurac, obliterating the city and killing most of the inhabitants. The few survivors mutate into horrifying, superpowered beings (it was a comic bomb).

Soooo...failed blackmail? Fine. She kills millions.
    Does make sense, though. I mean, if you don't follow through with your threat, nobody will give in next time you try to blackmail them.

And this makes me wonder: What is more evil? Killing a lot of people out of ideological reasons, or killing a lot of people out of simple greed?
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Does make sense, though. I mean, if you don't follow through with your threat, nobody will give in next time you try to blackmail them.
    Absolutely.

It's just that it takes a special kind of evil to decide to hold the entire world hostage, then when their 'bluff' is called, detonate a nuclear device, kill millions, and poison an area of the planet, just to say 'See? I wasn't kidding. Next time consider more carefully.'

Most blackmaillers go with 'I'll release these pictures of you with another woman'.

And this makes me wonder: What is more evil? Killing a lot of people out of ideological reasons, or killing a lot of people out of simple greed?
    I find it difficult to differentiate - there's no real excuse for murder in my books, so they both boil down to 'I'm killing a lot of people because I think I'm right, and I feel that killing is the way to go about getting what I want.'

I suppose I could go with 'Case by Case', but I doubt I'd get beyond 'It's someone ending lots of innocent lives for their own purposes, I don't give a crap about the exact nature of the reasons.'

I'm assuming here we're talking about murder, by the way.

I find it difficult to differentiate - there's no real excuse for murder in my books, so they both boil down to 'I'm killing a lot of people because I think I'm right, and I feel that killing is the way to go about getting what I want.'

I suppose I could go with 'Case by Case', but I doubt I'd get beyond 'It's someone ending lots of innocent lives for their own purposes, I don't give a crap about the exact nature of the reasons.'

I'm assuming here we're talking about murder, by the way.
    Well, sure, the outcome is ultimately the same, so from a strictly consequentialist standpoint there is no differance. But I think one still has to judge people at least somewhat based on their motivations, otherwise a person who does good deliberatelly for selfless reasons is no more a better person than someone who does good accidentally for selfish reasons.

On the other hand, I suppose one could argue that because both acts were made with evil intent and the outcome was the same, the two intents are necessarily equal. So, killing for hate is not worse than killing greed or vice versa, and one has to instead compare the degrees of hate and greed.

Still, philosophy aside, most people do tend to find some motivations to be intuitively worse than others, so I still think it's a valid question.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Well, sure, the outcome is ultimately the same, so from a strictly consequentialist standpoint there is no differance. But I think one still has to judge people at least somewhat based on their motivations, otherwise a person who does good deliberatelly for selfless reasons is no more a better person than someone who does good accidentally for selfish reasons.
    See your own comment below.

On the other hand, I suppose one could argue that because both acts were made with evil intent and the outcome was the same, the two intents are necessarily equal. So, killing for hate is not worse than killing greed or vice versa, and one has to instead compare the degrees of hate and greed.
    And the degrees of killing, if one gets down to that. Killing one person is a terrible thing. Murdering millions, for me, doesn't make it a statistic. It just makes it worse. Maybe not millions of times worse, because after we hit 'murdered' it's gone across a pretty important line already, but certainly lots worse.

Still, philosophy aside, most people do tend to find some motivations to be intuitively worse than others, so I still think it's a valid question.
    Absolutely it's a valid question. I was answering for myself alone (hopefully obvious, given the amount of 'I' statements...).

:)

Again, case-by-case there might be some bizarre reason for me to say 'no, that's worse', but I'm having problems thinking of one off-hand, and I seriously doubt that would be the situation any appreciable fraction of the time for me.

Milage, of course, may vary. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What sets Medusa apart is really her treatment of Chrona her own child. Everything else is pretty standard sadistic mad scientist of the extreme variety. But what she's put Chrona through really pushes Medusa to the next level.

She made her own child sit in a dark room for days on end with no food forcing the kid to think up ways on how to kill things and then demonstrating it. Then she made the same kid's body the home of a bullying douchebag of a spirit weapon. Next she allowed Chrona to get friends just so that she could be forced to betray and abandon them all so that they're were just distant and painful memories. In the end Chrona was so broken that the only thing needed to make him/her snap was a loving embrace from Medusa. The whole thing was so foreign to Chrona that (s)he straight up slaughtered Medusa, who just laughed and laughed. And that's just the stuff we're shown.
    All true. So, so true....

Speaking of terrible mothers...
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

It's a little hard to say when it comes to things like this, considering scale can very widely. Nonetheless, some of the more obvious ones have been picked, so I'll try for some of the more obscure just going from my experience:

Shiori Takatsuki - Small potatoes compared to most on the list, mainly due to being laser-focused on a single person and admittedly could redeem herself fairly easily if she wasn't so obsessed. Shiori has a vendetta against her "friend" Juri whom she always envied. Juri, however, is secretly in love with her, which Shiori eventually finds out. Shiori wants to hurt Juri and thus subjects her to emotional abuse, but always does it in an indirect fashion, so Juri never really catches on that Shiori is intentionally cruel. Given that Juri is otherwise usually an ice queen, Shiori is in a special position to inflict pain.

That Rapist Chick From That One Story I Read - Psychopath who mutilates men's bodies in order to more effectively use them for sex, and when the man attempts to escape, she punishes them with further mutilation. And "suicide attempt" is considered an escape attempt, and she catches him before he succeeds. There's no reason given for why she does this, however, so she comes off almost as a slasher sort of villain.

Lady Silvanas Windrunner - Leader of the Forsaken, the undead "race" of the Horde in Azeroth. I'm not all that familiar with Warcraft's history, but just from what I've seen, Silvanas is a conniving, cunning monster willing to slaughter thousands, and go behind her War Chief's back to enact her agendas. This includes plans to unleash a biological WMD that even the orcs and trolls frown upon using.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy