Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    False, those words prove that you are not "indifferent" and you do give a "crap."
    Yeah, because it's something I don't care for, but at least the old T-Bolts aren't dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Whatever you say, pal. I sincerely hope that Songbird ends up on the roster just because of how begrudgingly you'll read it.
    Not if everyone is wearing Frank Castle's face. Seriously, Dillion makes faces ugly!

Sentinal of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Yeah, because it's something I don't care for, but at least the old T-Bolts aren't dead.
    Songbird and Troll should get their own book, but have it be like the new Hawkeye ongoing where Melissa has to take Troll in and show her how to live amongst humans. It would be like The Golden Child meets Encino Man meets Clueless...

...or it could just be a badass buddy book. I'm cool with it either way.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Won't delays effect the popularity of UnCanny Avengers???
    Two week delays?

Not likely.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by cgill22 View Post
    Marvel NOW is just the pre-launch to the Real Relauch of marvel. Marvel NOW will Fail, I hate to say it for these reasons: 1. price point $3.99 per book and some double shipping. 2. Diluting of titles (Uncanny X-force to NOW 2 X-force books is one example). 3. Taking a mini series concept and trying to make in an ongoing title (Avengers Arena, X-men Legacy, New Illuminati I mean Avengers). 4. Continuity every book can not exist in its own universe (which is marvel the way it is now until a cross over). 5. Characters spread out in to many titles (IM, Wolverine, SM, Beast).
    None of what you're saying is new though, and Marvel's managed to maintain competitive and in some cases lead the market even with the 52 strengthening DC's place.

In the long run, no. I don't expect Marvel NOW to double Marvel's sales or dollar earnings, but I do hope that it produces some quality books. Complain about the dilution of the X-Force brand, but in-Universe it arguable makes sense. As long as the purposes of the two teams and books remain separate it's not that big a deal. I also don't see why X-Men Legacy is more a mini-series concept than say Hulk joining SHIELD. It's exploring the role of one of Xavier's heirs in a post-Xavier MU. What makes that concept less deserving of an ongoing than say Morbius or say Dial H over at DC?

I'll also ask, which you'd prefer - being able to follow just one book without needing to reference others or having the most interconnected universe out there? Even if every Marvel story doesn't reflect the MU at large, there are enough bits here and there that let us know that yes these characters do exist in the same universe.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Songbird and Troll should get their own book, but have it be like the new Hawkeye ongoing where Melissa has to take Troll in and show her how to live amongst humans. It would be like The Golden Child meets Encino Man meets Clueless...

...or it could just be a badass buddy book. I'm cool with it either way.
    Not a bad idea. I get the feeling Marvel may have an opening or two for new books by next summer.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    None of what you're saying is new though, and Marvel's managed to maintain competitive and in some cases lead the market even with the 52 strengthening DC's place.

In the long run, no. I don't expect Marvel NOW to double Marvel's sales or dollar earnings, but I do hope that it produces some quality books. Complain about the dilution of the X-Force brand, but in-Universe it arguable makes sense. As long as the purposes of the two teams and books remain separate it's not that big a deal. I also don't see why X-Men Legacy is more a mini-series concept than say Hulk joining SHIELD. It's exploring the role of one of Xavier's heirs in a post-Xavier MU. What makes that concept less deserving of an ongoing than say Morbius or say Dial H over at DC?

I'll also ask, which you'd prefer - being able to follow just one book without needing to reference others or having the most interconnected universe out there? Even if every Marvel story doesn't reflect the MU at large, there are enough bits here and there that let us know that yes these characters do exist in the same universe.
    As to which I prefer, I prefer to have the marvel universe make sense and go together in continuity like it did in the 80's when reading a daredevil book and it being July with snow and then reading a caption to explain the strange weather patterns pick up the current issues of Thor. Not have AvX going on with Tony Stark as a main character at the same time he is in China not being Iron Man, Storm flying around with Colossus reporting to Cyclops while Cyclops and Colossus are part of the Phoenix 5. How can wolverine be at the school teaching kids, killing people in X-Force, while being on the Avengers battling the Phoenix 5. Marvel needs to adapt, the market has changed they don't need to write stories to be sold as trades. The sales of trades has been declining and trades for stories nobody purchased in the first place doesn't sell. Go back to telling stories that evolve and change and take time to develop like Miller, Claremont, and Simonson did. I just want to say I love Brubaker's work on Capt. America, Wade on Daredevil, Faction, Bendis and Remender. Let them develop stories more than you do now.

I do want to give Marvel credit with the Morbius series. I don't plan to read it because I don't have a history with the character but hope it does well to maybe bring back Dracula, Werewolf, or something new like marvel zombies was until then killed it, not with oversaturation in this case the stories just kept getting worse and worse.

I do want to give Marvel credit with the Morbius series. I don't plan to read it because I don't have a history with the character but hope it does well to maybe bring back Dracula, Werewolf, or something new like marvel zombies was until then killed it, not with oversaturation in this case the stories just kept getting worse and worse.
    Really, I'm still shocked. I know they've said it was approved because they "liked the character", but Morbius is just such an obscure character for Marvel to give a series too.

6 months in:

1) (3) Uncanny Avengers
    2) (7) All-New X-Men
    3) (9) All-New X-Men
    4) (14) Avengers
    5) (15) New Avengers
    6) (18) Superior Spider-Man
    7) (20) Superior Spider-Man
    8) (23) Wolverine and the X-Men
    9) (28) Savage Wolverine
    10) (32) Guardians of the Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    6 months in:

1) (3) Uncanny Avengers
    2) (7) All-New X-Men
    3) (9) All-New X-Men
    4) (14) Avengers
    5) (15) New Avengers
    6) (18) Superior Spider-Man
    7) (20) Superior Spider-Man
    8) (23) Wolverine and the X-Men
    9) (28) Savage Wolverine
    10) (32) Guardians of the Galaxy
    The numbers in brackets are what, rankings in the sales charts?

LOL.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

As to which I prefer, I prefer to have the marvel universe make sense and go together in continuity like it did in the 80's when reading a daredevil book and it being July with snow and then reading a caption to explain the strange weather patterns pick up the current issues of Thor. Not have AvX going on with Tony Stark as a main character at the same time he is in China not being Iron Man, Storm flying around with Colossus reporting to Cyclops while Cyclops and Colossus are part of the Phoenix 5. How can wolverine be at the school teaching kids, killing people in X-Force, while being on the Avengers battling the Phoenix 5. Marvel needs to adapt, the market has changed they don't need to write stories to be sold as trades. The sales of trades has been declining and trades for stories nobody purchased in the first place doesn't sell. Go back to telling stories that evolve and change and take time to develop like Miller, Claremont, and Simonson did. I just want to say I love Brubaker's work on Capt. America, Wade on Daredevil, Faction, Bendis and Remender. Let them develop stories more than you do now.
    You need to get the notion out of your head that everything happens at the same time. Everything still goes together in continuity except certain stories take place during certain times in order to fit.

Jeez, can't believe I forgot Superior Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post

Agreed.

The truth is that Marvel NOW won't drastically improve Marvel's sales because their sales aren't really that bad. They don't have big sellers but they also don't have many titles selling below the 20k mark.

Not to mention the fact that their top titles (X-titles) and mid-level (apart from the Walking Dead, I think Amazing Spider-man is the most steady book in the industry) are pretty steady.

Im not really bothered so much by continuity any more as it doesn't really affect my enjoyment of stories. What I'm more concerned about is story consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    The numbers in brackets are what, rankings in the sales charts?

LOL.
    Yeah. How do you think I did?