Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Yeah, that show was cancelled. My nieces and nephews seemed to really love that show, I was kind of surprised to hear it was cancelled.
    Damn. My niece loves that.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    The Flash! Who can forget the Flash, when it ended it pissed me off.

I would add The 1990 Dark Shadows revival. It was melodramatic but I like that in my vampires.

In the same genre, Moonlight with that Hawai 5-0 guy and Sophia Myles. Never can get enough of Sophia Myles. I had a crush on her since Art School Confidental. lol Moonlight had more heart than Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, True Blood and Twilight all rolled into one.

Many 80s shows like Misfits of Science and so forth did not stayed long enough.

The live action Spider-Man tv show. It was cheesy as Hell but I enjoyed it.

Law & Order: when is this going to end? Law and Order is like the X-Men in the 90s when they had 30 mutant books.

The Nightmare on Elm Street show was great, should have stayed longer.

The Hat Squad was great.
    Sophia Myles in Hallam Foe was an epic performance. She needs to work more.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Ended too soon

- Carnivale
    - The 4400
    - Angel (that last season was its best and could have gone on to better)
    - Caprica (ended too soon , liked the virtual world , could have done better without the BSG link)
    - Dark Skies (could have been really interesting had it continued as the girlfriend has been taken over by the alien and eric close character was all alone in his fight against the alien invasion)
    - the new V - ended on a downer , should have been given one more season to wrap it up.
    - Masters of horror - could easily gone on more seasons
    - Wonderfalls - quirky drama
    - Invasion - though i did not catch all the episodes , the episodes i did catch was interesting. An alien invasion hiding inside a hurricane , basically invasion of the body snatchers on tv.
    - Now and then - basically the new bionic man , unfortunately got cut before it ever got interesting.

Overstayed their welcome
    - X-files
    - Supernatural
    - Vampire diaries
    - Charmed
    Can't get on board with Dark Skies, I loved the premise, but it really went so sharply downhill a couple of episodes in which depressed me no end as I loved the subject matter.

It holds up very badly as well these days, tried rewatching a few months back and just couldn't........

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

A show that seemed to have become popular over time and has been influencial was Kolchak: The Night Stalker. It's strange that it ended so soon because it was a damn great show and they had great ratings. I learned recently that they had a problems with star McGavin and also the shows were too expensive + other problems so they ended it.

The X-Files for a long time it was my favorite show but after their 1998 movie when they revealed pretty much the whole thing, the tv show never recovered and not too long after David Duchcovy decided to only stay as a part-time character and it was never the same since he was the soul of the X-Files. Casting two new leads was a mistake, having super-soldiers was ever worse. It went nowhere fast.
    X Files definitely should have ended after season five (even though I still love S.R. 819 due my still lingering Krychek appreciation.)
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    There's only one L&O show on now, SVU. The others all ended more than a year ago (or more).
    And all stayed too long.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

1 I haven't seen mentioned yet: Space: Above and Beyond. Another: Strange Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Firefly was a horrible tv show on pretty much ever level, they should have killed it after seeing what was made to fill two hours only had about 30 minutes of show in it.
    Some one is courting internet death. I shall go find cover.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    No, it was actually entertaining.
    I rather liked Forever Knight.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    X Files definitely should have ended after season five (even though I still love S.R. 819 due my still lingering Krychek appreciation.)
    In my opinion X-Files failed to strike when the iron was hot and come up with spine-offs. People still loved that Universe and the characters but the main itself had run its course. It would have more interesting to explore other areas of that World. Lone Gunmen I thought came too late and Millenium was not connected enough to X-Files and failed to capture that audience. When they were in their prime I would have loved to have seen a show about the character "X". Or do the Cigarette Smoking Man. Better yet, Roy Thinnes when he was revealed as an alien, it would been interested to follow his character as a half-alien, half-human trying to help humans and prevent Earth from the Doomsday protocol in a new show as a nod to his 1960s tv show The Invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post
    Sophia Myles in Hallam Foe was an epic performance. She needs to work more.

She just needs to marry me. Hey she's not with that Doctor Who guy anymore, right.

Another that was gone too soon: remember that cop/crime show EZ Streets? It was terrific, it the had guy from the show 30 Something(Ken Olin) playing a crooked cop. It had such a unique vibe and the writing was great. If I remember, it was about this young cop who returns to his neighborhood and has to face the crime element there and there's this tension between him and the crime boss. It was cancelled rather quickly and there was an uproar from the fans and the creators promised it would return down the line and it never did.

She just needs to marry me. Hey she's not with that Doctor Who guy anymore, right.

who would be with you available...........

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

In my opinion X-Files failed to strike when the iron was hot and come up with spine-offs. People still loved that Universe and the characters but the main itself had run its course. It would have more interesting to explore other areas of that World. Lone Gunmen I thought came too late and Millenium was not connected enough to X-Files and failed to capture that audience. When they were in their prime I would have loved to have seen a show about the character "X". Or do the Cigarette Smoking Man. Better yet, Roy Thinnes when he was revealed as an alien, it would been interested to follow his character as a half-alien, half-human trying to help humans and prevent Earth from the Doomsday protocol in a new show as a nod to his 1960s tv show The Invaders.
    Agreed.

Oh I loved "Mister X"...I would have liked to have seen a show based around him too, especially since I finally saw All the President's Men a couple of week's ago (the whole Deep Throat thing, I can see how much Carter was influenced by Watergate and by the Deep Throat scenes in ATPM...).

Think Chris Carter really dropped the ball with Nicholas Lea and many other actors on that show. I agree with the two shows that did make it that didn't connect enough with the main universe and they also didn't have the same shadowy conspiracy vibe, particularly Lone Gunmen. Too bad.

I still hope they do a third X-Files film, but going back to the story rather than the shipper nonsense with Mulder and Scully (that was part of what killed the show for me.)
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    Agreed.

Oh I loved "Mister X"...I would have liked to have seen a show based around him too, especially since I finally saw All the President's Men a couple of week's ago (the whole Deep Throat thing, I can see how much Carter was influenced by Watergate and by the Deep Throat scenes in ATPM...).

Think Chris Carter really dropped the ball with Nicholas Lea and many other actors on that show. I agree with the two shows that did make it that didn't connect.
    X was on All the President's Men? Get out of here! I have to re-watch it.

In my opinion X-Files failed to strike when the iron was hot and come up with spine-offs. People still loved that Universe and the characters but the main itself had run its course. It would have more interesting to explore other areas of that World. Lone Gunmen I thought came too late
    ... I loved The Lone Gunmen

avengers - earth's mightest heroes

the first season I'd put up with the best animated series in the business. Brilliant use of characters, good storytelling and a lot of promise

the 2nd season wasn't bad and it started with a ton of promise. The skrull storyarc was well done. However, after that, you could tell they got cancelled cause it felt rush (especially when it was galactus, whom showed out of the blue, instead of surtur, whom was being built up throughout the season...so i gues surtur destroyed that animated series universe) :p.
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

“We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science.” - Preston Manning

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    avengers - earth's mightest heroes

the first season I'd put up with the best animated series in the business. Brilliant use of characters, good storytelling and a lot of promise

the 2nd season wasn't bad and it started with a ton of promise. The skrull storyarc was well done. However, after that, you could tell they got cancelled cause it felt rush (especially when it was galactus, whom showed out of the blue, instead of surtur, whom was being built up throughout the season...so i gues surtur destroyed that animated series universe) :p.
    I was pretty pissed when I found out Avengers EMH was getting cancelled because it was by far the best Marvel animated show this side of Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...