Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Lost in Space lasted too long IMO. It's first season was good strong SciFi. Then it changed format and went to color. The format change was to compete with Batman (really, look it up... they went camp to get the Batman viewers hooked). As soon as they went to goofy camp humor in place of solid SciFi, it went in the toilet. I wish someone would reboot the series today and do it all serious. No talking carrot people, no space wizards, no giant robot then shrinking back to normal size with Will and Doctor Smith caught inside. And if you must make Doctor Smith a coward, make it an act. He really is brave and smart, he just plays cowardly to keep the family from discovering that he is responsible for their being lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    You are just a Whedon Hater, so your opinion doesn't carry much weight with me any longer. Most people consider Firefly to be one of the best, if not the best science fiction space drama of all time. The thing is, some people just don't get it. And that's ok. But 98.623% of people who watched it think it should have run several more seasons. It should still be on the air in fact. Fox just severely blew it when they cancelled it.

But then, if they hadn't, we might not have gotten a Whedon avengers... so... what can you do? Just be glad for what you got, I guess.
    I'd put Star Trek TNG well above Firefly any day of the week, even including the mediocre first two seasons. I'm not a Whedon hater, but I'm also on the boat that Firefly really wasn't that great of a series - at least not good enough to justify the borderline cult-ish fans it has. I think part of the reason it keeps getting brought up is because its the martyr for "shows that ended too soon". I kind of think that if Firefly didn't get axed after its first season and had a good 3 or 4 season run people wouldnt shout from the mountains about the show as much as they do now and it would probably be a show that only gets talked about in specific instances (like Farscape).

----

Shows that stayed around too long:
    That 70s Show
    Scrubs

I'm not willing to throw Simpsons onto that list yet, the show is still decently entertaining to me and it's still better than a good chunk of other comedies on TV.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    I'd put Star Trek TNG well above Firefly any day of the week, even including the mediocre first two seasons.
    But you should consider that STNG took time to develop into a really strong series. Firefly was strong to begin with and would have only gotten stronger as the cast jelled even more, and as the writing hit it's stride.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    But you should consider that STNG took time to develop into a really strong series. Firefly was strong to begin with and would have only gotten stronger as the cast jelled even more, and as the writing hit it's stride.
    Well, I didn't think Firefly was that strong to begin with. But whatever, opinions man.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

I also felt pushing daisies was thrown in the bad direction. Season 2 was awful then they cancelled it, I just wish they made it better.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I'll admit I also liked that show "New Amsterdam" about the immortal cop that aired on FOX for a season a few years ago. If SyFy fails to pick up the show "Alphas" for another season that is definitely going on the "ended too soon" list.

Also gong to add That 70's show as a show that went on too long. It should of ended once Eric left the show and then we wouldn't of been subject to that long haired douche who replaced him and became Donna's bf for a short time.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-07-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tar22 View Post
    Supernatural is starting to feel that way too, unfortunately. The entire series built up towards the epic (and excellent) season 5 finale, yet it's still going. Admittedly, I enjoyed large portions of season 6, particularly how they dealt with the ramifications of season 5. It consisted of lots and lots of fun but usually poorly developed ideas, which gave the season a rather chaotic feel. Season 7, on the other hand, was just boring, and I've completely lost interest in the show at this point. We'll see if it hits the big 10.
    I couldnt agree more with Supernatural overstaying its welcome. It should have ended in after season 6. Its painful to see how bad it has become compared to the first 5 seasons. When Eric Kripke left it lost its real quality. I have stopped watching it since early season 7.

Now i can only think of the show as painful memory of thinking please kill it before it ruins the reputation of the first quality 5 seasons.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    After hearing about the ending my first thought was"Man I'm glad I never followed the show"

I think the same way mate . i almost got on Lost train ,but got lost so i left the train,,
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    The movie sucked, as it is that would have been a pretty bad finale.
    yes it did lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

totally agree with lost. i enjoyed most of the first season, despised the second season which DRAGGED, i started to like it again with season 3, but then season 4 came and i stopped caring.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

If anything all the stuff with the angels in Supernatural was dragged out far to long.
    I never felt that. Seasons 4 and 5 were really the extent of the entire angel/heaven/hell story, but I also thought they were the strongest seasons.

Season 2 made it so clear that there wasn't any big picture plan, and that they were just winging it, that I'm not really sure why anyone watched it consistently after that point. Also right off the bad you don't feel like you're in good hands anymore.
    Because it was an entertaining, great looking, well-directed show with fantastic characters and great acting. I also love pulpy sci-fi adventure. That's why I kept watching.

The lack of a big-picture plan is a weird deal breaker because very few shows have such a thing. That's just the nature of TV storytelling.
    Last edited by Tar22; 11-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    Picture Maker // website // tumblr

Deadwood ended too soon, it seriously ended like 'Tune in next season to see what happens!"
    But there was no next season.

Better Off Ted (ABC) aired on Tuesday and lasted two seasons...should have been moved to Wednesdays with Modern Family
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I thought the Quantum Leap finale was bad, Sam should have went home, yet just goes to show you cant please everyone.
    I was a huge Quantum Leap fan, got into it when USA ran reruns from 6-8 PM - and in context, him not going home, makes a weird sort of sense

plus easily one of the best sci fi shows ever put on TV

Bakula has a permanent pass from me
    Support your local roller derby league

I would've liked more Deadwood, but the last season does have a good ending.