Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    After hearing about the ending my first thought was"Man I'm glad I never followed the show"
    Season 2 made it so clear that there wasn't any big picture plan, and that they were just winging it, that I'm not really sure why anyone watched it consistently after that point. Also right off the bad you don't feel like you're in good hands anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Lost. Jesus that was vile rubbish.
    Was just going to say that Lost overstayed its welcome with about 3 seasons or so.

And for shows that went away too soon and hasn't been mentioned yet.

Firefly.

Firefly was a horrible tv show on pretty much ever level, they should have killed it after seeing what was made to fill two hours only had about 30 minutes of show in it.

Buffy should have ended at Season 5. It was a good death, and should have ended there. The next two seasons killed my fond memories.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Firefly was a horrible tv show on pretty much ever level, they should have killed it after seeing what was made to fill two hours only had about 30 minutes of show in it.
    If I may ask what did you find so horrible about Firefly?

Ended too soon:

Firefly
    Carnivale
    Deadwood
    Rome
    The Agency
    The Unit
    Angel
    Dark Angel
    Stargate Atlantis
    The 4400

Overstayed their welcome:

House M.D. (season 5 finale should have been the series finale)
    Supernatural (same as House M.D.)
    The Big Bang Theory (after season 3 when they turned it into a formulaic soap opera)
    Lost
    Buffy
    (seasons 6 and 7... urgh... I'd rather Angel had got them)
    Terra Nova (even season 1 was too much)
    Heroes (fantastic first season and all downhill from there)
    Fringe (season 5 was the coup de grace for me after the chaos of season 4. Pity.)
    NCIS (brilliant in the first 6 seasons and the beginning of season 7)
    Bones (lost me in the end of season 6 and I now realise I should have dropped it after season 3)
    Misfits (because you-know-who left after season 2 - but do watch the first two seasons)
    Ultimate Force (after season 2 when Chris Ryan left it together with part of the cast)
    Last edited by passer-by; 11-07-2012 at 04:34 AM.
    I don't know what to consider canon anymore :(
    Comicmofo
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post17765682

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Buffy should have ended at Season 5. It was a good death, and should have ended there. The next two seasons killed my fond memories.
    Really? I thought the end of season 7 was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Julusnc View Post
    If I may ask what did you find so horrible about Firefly?
    They're badly written and boring...at least the few episodes I've seen of the show. It's also horrendous looking, the CGI looks like shit, the sets look like shit, the lightings maybe some of the worst I've ever seen at times, and the direction is just bad, like really, really bad. The camera movement is just hard to watch, there were times I couldn't believe what I was seeing was a show made by professionals, there are times where it looks like Whedon grabbed the first person he could find and told them to attempt shaky cam; they told him they didn't know how to do or what cameras were, and he told them that doesn't matter because they're on a deadline and shit needs to be shot.

The whole opening to the pilot episode, with the battle going on, looks like something complete amateurs shot in the same time it runs for. It's so bad looking it should have just been dropped from the episode. I would chalk up a lot of what I said looked bad to it being a tv show with a tv show budget, but there where better looking sci-fi shows on smaller networks before, and at the same time Firefly was on tv. Later I found out that Firefly had an ok sized budget, and that the pilot that looks like it was made for nothing cost something like $10 million...that opening battle could have looked like the future war shit in The Terminator (a movie that cost less than $10 million to make) if they had that kind of money.

Too long :

Lot of comedy shows. After a while, generally after 3 or 4 seasons, characters in this kind of entertainment start to become more and more just the caricature of themselves. And what started as an element of the character's personalty inevitably becomes his/her main trait. Classic example is that 70's show and the character of Fez who started as the funny foreigner, kinda "unique" but in a good way but who by the end of the show was a complete weirdo, a stalker and with a lot of fetishes.

Or again Rajesh in the big bang theory.

Babylon 5. Pure rubbish after the first season. NCIS, i don't even watch it anymore.

Too short :

Rome. At least 2 more seasons were needed to tell that story. At the very least.

The whole opening to the pilot episode, with the battle going on, looks like something complete amateurs shot in the same time it runs for. It's so bad looking it should have just been dropped from the episode. I would chalk up a lot of what I said looked bad to it being a tv show with a tv show budget, but there where better looking sci-fi shows on smaller networks before, and at the same time Firefly was on tv. Later I found out that Firefly had an ok sized budget, and that the pilot that looks like it was made for nothing cost something like $10 million...that opening battle could have looked like the future war shit in The Terminator (a movie that cost less than $10 million to make) if they had that kind of money.
    To be fair, a ten million budget for The Terminator, at that time, wasn't a small budget by any stretch of the imagination...........

I have so many many shows that ended too soon IMO:

The Secret Circle-was just getting very good and they pull the plug

Carnivale-had a lot of potential and I think getting the show the full 5 seasons they had planned for it would of been awesome

The Dresden Files-ended way way too soon and was replaced by crap

Sanctuary-it got 4 seasons but I felt they could of done at least one more

Heroes-I know I'll be in the minority for this and I will admit the 2nd season was horrid, but I enjoyed the final two seasons and would of been really interested to see how the world reacted to the revelation of powers

Batman Brave and the Bold-It got something like 60-65 episodes but I felt there was so much more they could do

Justice League/JLU-got a lot of episodes but I still think there were more stories to tell

Tower Prep-a very interesting tv show that just wasn't given the chance to shine IMO

Sym Bionic Titan-again a very interesting tv show that just wasn't given enough of a chance

American Gothic-awesome show and it sucks it only got one season

Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes-had way more stories to tell and even though it is technically being "continued" I don't think it's going to be the same show

Legion of Super Heroes cartoon-another fun DC tv series that had a lot more stories to tell IMO.

Wolverine and the X-Men-should of never been cancelled when it was.

Reaper-awesome tv show that should of been given way more then 2 seasons

American Dreams-loved this tv show and have always wished it got more then 3 seasons.

The 4400-great show and the 5th season would of been really interesting

Freakylinks-just a great show I really enjoyed

Lie to Me-really enjoyed this show as well

Doctor Who-I'm well aware it is still on the air, but I just felt David Tennant as the Doctor ended too soon

Shows that stayed too long:

Simpsons is a definite candidate. I'd also put shows like One Tree Hill, Dawsons Creek, and Gossip Girl as for having stayed too long.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-07-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Batman Brave and the Bold-It got something like 60-65 episodes but I felt there was so much more they could do.
    The show was still great, wasn't it? Unfortunately, I think it came down to, "How many more toys can we sell?"

The creators tried to pitch a JLI series to take its place...which would have been very cool!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Wolverine and the X-Men-should of never been cancelled when it was.

Lie to Me-really enjoyed this show as well
    Argh, how could I forget Wolverine and the X-Men! It should have received at least one more season after the open ending of season 1 with AoA. And it was a great show overall, even with the differences with the comics (most of which I didn't mind, Kyle and Yost were great writers). Fantastic storylines with the "Days of Future Past" theme.
    Its cancellation still baffles me, especially since they continued with other Marvel animated shows, so it probably wasn't a financial problem.

As for Lie to Me, sorry to disagree, but I thought it became standard drama after the great first season and lost what made it original, so I'd put it in the "Overstayed its welcome" category.

P.S. Carnivale was planned for 6 seasons (3 "books" of 2 seasons each - we only got the first one).
    Last edited by passer-by; 11-07-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    I don't know what to consider canon anymore :(
    Comicmofo
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post17765682

You are just a Whedon Hater, so your opinion doesn't carry much weight with me any longer. Most people consider Firefly to be one of the best, if not the best science fiction space drama of all time. The thing is, some people just don't get it. And that's ok. But 98.623% of people who watched it think it should have run several more seasons. It should still be on the air in fact. Fox just severely blew it when they cancelled it.

But then, if they hadn't, we might not have gotten a Whedon avengers... so... what can you do? Just be glad for what you got, I guess.

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH.

Blah blahblah blah.
    We get it. You hate Whedon. Now go away troll. And everyone else, stop baiting the troll.